SO they buffed the hell out of our ES and to make up for that, they nerfed our generators buy a little bit. They also just really dont want me to default into path of flame since they nerfed it by 5%. Time to get testing!

What I've been hearing out of beta is that Ele PvP is pretty underwhelming. Does anything about the new patch change this? Earth Shock got buffed....

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    What I've been hearing out of beta is that Ele PvP is pretty underwhelming. Does anything about the new patch change this? Earth Shock got buffed....
    Every casters are useless. Don't go into arena as a caster, unless you like being destroyed by melees.

Homophobia is so gay.

ele pvp is bad? a bookie wouldn't even let you place a bet on that, it's basically a sure thing.

it's like going hey i want to bet $5000 the sun rises tomorrow.

I think it might considerable to have Ele around on (R)BG in Legion. Because LvB is getting the "burst" back now with the pvp talent. Wonder if Ele is like a ghetto version of Destro on Legion's pvp (Chaos Bolt vs LvB). But on arena or duel, I can see we'll still be free-kill punching bag to those melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Every casters are useless. Don't go into arena as a caster, unless you like being destroyed by melees.
    I suppose you haven't seen how fire mages, spriest, and aff lock destroy melees.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-05-27 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    So what do you guys think about Aftershock, Echo of the Elements and Lightning Rod changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    I think it might considerable to have Ele around on (R)BG in Legion. Because LvB is getting the "burst" back now with the pvp talent. Wonder if Ele is like a ghetto version of Destro on Legion's pvp (Chaos Bolt vs LvB). But on arena or duel, I can see we'll still be free-kill punching bag to those melees.

I suppose you haven't seen how fire mages, spriest, and aff lock destroy melees.
    Yeah, bad melees I agree.

If you let the fire mage cast his ridiculous pyro, you deserved your death.

Shadowpriests aren't immune to silence during Void Torrent anymore, and they can't deal damage (thus can't heal themselves) when trained.

I dunno about afflock.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    So what do you guys think about Aftershock, Echo of the Elements and Lightning Rod changes?
    Are there any spells other than Shocks that spend Maelstrom? If not then Aftershock is just a tooltip fix I think. EoTE is changed only for Resto, it has no impact on Ele.

Lightning Rod is getting skewed more as an AoE-clumped-up-CL-fest scenario tool. And with the 20% additional damage is made exclusive to LB and CL damage, it make the talent no longer viable as much as before for single target (20% more ES damage isn't something to take lightly). I like the idea of making Lightning Rod as our damaging beacon for our cleave (so that we don't pull the whole room or break some ccs accidentally). But I think they shouldn't limit the proc trigger to only by LB and CL.

Yeah, bad melees I agree.

If you let the fire mage cast his ridiculous pyro, you deserved your death.

Shadowpriests aren't immune to silence during Void Torrent anymore, and they can't deal damage (thus can't heal themselves) when trained.

I dunno about afflock.
    Do you mean hard-casting the Pyro? Because If a fire mage hard-casting Pyro on melees, he really needs to delete his character immediately. I mean, what kind of fire mage that hard-casting Pyro on pvp?! They don't even do it on pve (beside on boss pre-casting pull). You do know fire mage have instant Pyro on double hot streaks right? Not to mention their pvp blink talent (it called Shimmer iirc), Dragon Breath, Blast Wave, polymorph.

Clever Spriests won't use Torrent unless they have fear on the target. Besides, why bother to Torrent when you can just spam instant Void Bolt on your void form until your target destroyed? Priest have fear and bubble. Their self heal (shadow mend) also do a great amount to compare with shitty Ele's Healing Surge. I agree they're not as good as mage in term of kiting melee out, but they also not as useless as you think.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-05-27 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Are there any spells other than Shocks that spend Maelstrom? If not then Aftershock is just a tooltip fix I think. EoTE is changed only for Resto, it has no impact on Ele.

Lightning Rod is getting skewed more as an AoE-clumped-up-CL-fest scenario tool. And with the 20% additional damage is made exclusive to LB and CL damage, it make the talent no longer viable as much as before for single target (20% more ES damage isn't something to take lightly). I like the idea of making Lightning Rod as our damaging beacon for our cleave (so that we don't pull the whole room or break some ccs accidentally). But I think they shouldn't limit the proc trigger to only by LB and CL.

Do you mean hard-casting the Pyro? Because If a fire mage hard-casting Pyro on melees, he really needs to delete his character immediately. I mean, what kind of fire mage that hard-casting Pyro on pvp?! Not even they do it on pve. You do know fire mage have instant Pyro on double hot streaks right? Not to mention their pvp blink talent (it called Shimmer iirc), Dragon Breath, Blast Wave, polymorph.

Clever Spriests won't use Torrent unless they have fear on the target. Besides, why bother to Torrent when you can just spam instant Void Bolt until your target destroyed?
    Do you even Shadowpriest ? Did you know that voidform is not permanent, did you know that VB has a cd ? "wait for fear" lmao as if fear was a good cc.

And no I'm not talking about hardcasting pyro. I dunno the name of the other spell.

Tell me how a fire mage can destroy any competent melees.

- - - Updated - - -

Some casters are definitely stronger than the others. But melees are completely dominating arena pvp on the beta atm. There's no denying that.

Homophobia is so gay.

Getting there. Slowly...

Aftershock change is going to be great for AoE but the big winner is the ES buff. 700->1000% sp is huge.

Also, isn't the lightning rod change a huge DPS increase if you get the debuff rolling on multiple targets?

Still waiting on Stormkeeper change though. Destro locks must had their own artifact ability cast time change from 1.5 to instant

Do you even Shadowpriest ? Did you know that voidform is not permanent, did you know that VB has a cd ? "wait for fear" lmao as if fear was a good cc.
    I knew voidform isn't permanent. I knew VB has cd, what I didn't notice is they removed Void.But why would an spriest channel their burst when they're being trained?

And no I'm not talking about hardcasting pyro. I dunno the name of the other spell.

Tell me how a fire mage can destroy any competent melees.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HploxzkeHQ It maybe not an arena video, but you'll get the idea of how a competent fire mage can pull on a pvp against melees.

Some casters are definitely stronger than the others. But melees are completely dominating arena pvp on the beta atm. There's no denying that.
    And that doesn't mean all casters are that useless against melee. Except (maybe) Elemental Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Getting there. Slowly...

Aftershock change is going to be great for AoE but the big winner is the ES buff. 700->1000% sp is huge.

Also, isn't the lightning rod change a huge DPS increase if you get the debuff rolling on multiple targets?

Still waiting on Stormkeeper change though. Destro locks must had their own artifact ability cast time change from 1.5 to instant
    Oh yea, I forgot about EQ lol. I think Lightning Rod was already doing that kind of damage when your CL proc on all of your targets. The change is more to organized thing, so Lightning Rod act like our damaging beacon instead of crazily proc on the fixed radius. Kinda sad to see it's no longer apply on all Nature damage. I love the animation, was planning to stick with it even on the single fight. But looks like we're forced to have Storm Elemental on single target fight.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-05-27 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I'd just like to say that twitter spamming Devs isn't the way to go to get changes.
    Seems to have worked for several specs in the past. Whine loud enough, you will get a reaction.
    Anyway I don't think "spamming" was the intent, just show that more than a handful care and are concerned.

Twitter spamming gets way more dev response than any forum post.

I've gotten 3 responses from Celestalon, 1 from Muffinus, 1 from Afrasiabi, and 1 from Jay Wilson. I don't think I've ever had a forum reply from either of them, because truthfully they don't read the forums; they just sift through them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Twitter spamming gets way more dev response than any forum post.

I've gotten 3 responses from Celestalon, 1 from Muffinus, 1 from Afrasiabi, and 1 from Jay Wilson. I don't think I've ever had a forum reply from either of them, because truthfully they don't read the forums; they just sift through them.
    Well, they have community managers for reading the forums and i guess those guys sums things up and present them to the devs in shortened form so that's probably the reason why they are not responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Well, they have community managers for reading the forums and i guess those guys sums things up and present them to the devs in shortened form so that's probably the reason why they are not responding.
    Which means whatever you write is pointless as MAYBE some fragments of it get conveyed to the developer.

A community rep has no clue about how gameplay and class balance work.

Deleted
    Judging by all other classes, twitter spamming works just fine. Just not in "spamming" per se, rather many sources for one argument.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Well yeah, but the problem is that there's merely a 10% chance, unless you get rolling on Multiple targets, it's not great.

Put it in the same row as Magnitude and then this might make sense, FS multi dot vs. Cl spam.

Small nerf to Lightning Bolt and what looks like a substantial buff to Earth Shock. How does that balance things out to those in Beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Small nerf to Lightning Bolt and what looks like a substantial buff to Earth Shock. How does that balance things out to those in Beta?
    Will help with numbers, but not mechanics.
    The issues lie with the schizophrenic talent setup and clunky artifact ability right now.
    Possibly also with lack of utility and/or mitigation, but i'm not so sure those are set in stone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    It looks like it's meant to be a minor decrease to the generators in order to allow the large buff to the spenders to not unbalance the class compared to others.

Path of Flame: Can't even tell the difference, probably just to make the other two talents slightly better single target only, I still keep it as the default though.

Aftershock: Really nice buff here, allows for multiple EQ's to be dropped faster for a better ramp up time of base AoE damage.

Lightning Rod: Change only counters the big earth shock buff, I imagine they didn't want 20% of ES to be spread around, but realistically it was only ever proc'ing off CL spam and most of the damage came from SK+CL so this doesn't appear to be a nerf in any way. A very nice side effect is that you can pop ascendance now and not worry about missing an entire LR proc during ascendance which happened all the time.