Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft movie - watch in 2D or 3D

So generally i avoid watching any movie in 3d, mainly because it's a waste of money and the movie isn't made for 3D.

I can't find anything specific for Warcraft but is it made for 3D?

The last movie I watched in 3D that I enjoyed was probably avatar ( not the air bender one, screw m.night for ruining that series). Since then I've only seen a few which were a complete waste of money.

i wear glasses so im forced to watch 2d...........otherwise spend one hour gettin my eyes adjusted

2D all the way! 3D is just a gimmick for plebs to spend more money. 3D just makes movies way more annoying to watch and actually is less immersive than just watching 2D.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    i wear glasses so im forced to watch 2d...........otherwise spend one hour gettin my eyes adjusted
    My wife wore glasses (now contacts) and had no issues wearing the 3D specs over them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    2D all the way! 3D is just a gimmick for plebs to spend more money. 3D just makes movies way more annoying to watch and actually is less immersive than just watching 2D.
    3D has been around for decades. Pretty sure the increase in depth makes it MORE immersive. I always opt for the 3D versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am wearing glasses and I still watched Star Wars easily. Also best movie experience ever, 3D just made it alot better.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Behold! (Trumpet playing, a great invention comes out of the light) LENSES!! a new invention that works just like glasses, except you put them in your eyes and not on your nose.
    Imagine someone punching you so hard that your glasses just go right into your eyes and you can see even better. Well that's what it feels like.

Anyway, I wore my lenses and watched it in 3D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Behold! (Trumpet playing, a great invention comes out of the light) LENSES!! a new invention that works just like glasses, except you put them in your eyes and not on your nose.
    Imagine someone punching you so hard that your glasses just go right into your eyes and you can see even better. Well that's what it feels like.

you don't put lenses in your eyes, you put them on your eyes. And 3d is and will remain a shitty gimmick that only serves to blur the image and induce headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    you don't put lenses in your eyes, you put them on your eyes. And 3d is and will remain a shitty gimmick that only serves to blur the image and induce headaches.
    Umm, no. I like 3D when it's done properly. Excuse me but English is my fourth language. You put them on your eyes, true.

Deleted
    If you get dizzy on 3D your health might not be optimal. It's not supposed to happen. Most healthy people find it normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post

Marine drone pilots cant wear contacts, plus i wouldn't want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    3D has been around for decades. Pretty sure the increase in depth makes it MORE immersive. I always opt for the 3D versions.
    no 3d adds NOTHING to immersion as the story works WITHOUT 3d.... 3d is just a cash printer for cinemas....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's multiple versions of 3D.

- The cheaper solution you often see in European cinema's where the glasses are basicly like the ones you wore as a child to see the sun in different colors.
    - real 3d, where the 3d effect is built-in into the plastic glasses but much more than just a piece of plastic. usually dolby-tech glasses.
    - IMAX 3d, where you get the best version of the 3d-experience, bigger screen, better sound, and proper equipment to watch 3d with.

So far I've heard IMAX is the only way to go in 3d, otherwise 2d is just as good, as the lower levels of 3d will blur and make the cgi look muddy.

3D hands down for me. Had a blast watching it in 3D

Saw it in 3d on Wednesday, has good depth and the orcs look amazing in 3d.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Interesting condition....I have been watching 3D films with glasses under the 3D glasses since...Avatar came out. No issues.

That said, I try and catch a film in 3D.
    you don't have a weird adjustment period wearing glasses over your glasses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft does not do the "stuff flying at you" crap that most 3d movies do so the 3d is not bad.

Personally I like 2d better but thats cause I wear glasses.

Deleted
    Watch it in 4d.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    3d is and will remain a shitty gimmick that only serves to blur the image and induce headaches.
    Yeah, I've never seen 3D that did anything other than add a red and blue blur to everything on the screen. I say go with 2D, because I'm biased against 3D as it does nothing but detract from actually watching the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Saw it yesterday in 3D. Can't even recall any good 3D effects, you literally pay for nothing so it was kind of a waste for me. Go for 2D, seems like they didn't bother adding some random flying-outa-screen stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no 3d adds NOTHING to immersion as the story works WITHOUT 3d.... 3d is just a cash printer for cinemas....
    Colour adds NOTHING to immersion, as the story works WITHOUT colour... Colour is just a cash printer for cinemas...

On an other note, I haven't seen it yet, but I'll go for 3D.