Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    So Mercy IS German? I thought my language settings were broken...

I don't think complaining about this comes at the right time. When they've patched in stream of US Americans, sure you can complain. But at present the lineup is remarkably diverse imo.

You also don't make any particularly concrete suggestions. All Overwatch heroes have a very clear silhouette and identity that fits their background. What might a Polish or Romanian hero look like and do?
    Oh I m not complaining I m just making suggestions.
    Also Mercy is from Switzerland but she speaks German as plenty of Swiss people do depending on area.

They will be adding more heros. Perhaps the country's you want will be added later.

Oh, don't remind me of Zarya's accent, i laugh every time she says her "graviton surge" line

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Why we need 3 Americans and Japanese. Isn't one enough?
    Well, Blizzard is an American company. Of course they're going to show off what they know themselves. And, at the very least, Reaper's real name is Gabriel Reyes. Having a hispanic person from the U.S. reflects real life a bit, as well. And, you may want to look at the map again - D.Va is from South Korea, thus why there's a red box next to Japan and below North Korea. Genji and Hanzo are the only two Japanese characters, each filling their own role and type just fine. D.Va is a perfect representation of a futuristic Korean person imo, they nailed her aesthetic well. Mei was a great choice for China, as well.

That said, I don't think they're done making heroes for Overwatch. They said once that since the game isn't free, players would simply get any future heroes for free. They definitely could have more representation of the world, including more of Africa, Europe, and South America. Personally, I'd love to see someone from Southeast Asia.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Torbjörn is not really Swedish though. There are basically no references in his voice lines/emotes or skinns. He isn't talking with a Swedish accent. To me it's more like blizz just wanted to check off a box, he could literally be from anywhere.

Also, any greek character should have meachanics involving some sort of life drain/soul leach ability and there should be some sort of unique voice line triggering each and every time reinhardt comes close to greek hero.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd0Js1C_G4I
    at around 00:22
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

more heroes will come out. We already have atleast 5 pseudo-assurred ones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Justice View Post
    Saying "I'm american" in a phony accent doesn't make me american.

this might be the most irrelevant complaint I have ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Here we have another "Why is my country not in the game. Buuhuuu!" whining threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Here we have another "Why is my country not in the game. Buuhuuu!" whining threat.
    Meanwhile you have other posts whining about too much diversity and pandering.

Deleted
    We need a Finn in this game.

Shift - Rotates between coffee, beer and vodka
    E - Drinks the selected beverage; coffee = movespeed, beer = damage, vodka = damage reduction
    Q - Winter Depression; 6 second duration, slowly reducing the movement and attack speed of nearby enemy heroes (moderate range, requires LoS). Enemy heroes that are within the effect after it ends are stunned for 1 second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Why is there no scottish character???
    Sorry, the dwarf is already taken for Torbjörn!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    this might be the most irrelevant complaint I have ever read.
    It's what happens when there's pretty much nothing to complain about, lol. People aren't used to it I guess. I mean, you really gotta dig deep to make an issue out of something like this.

Also, I think Reaper (Reyes) is Hispanic. The leader is an American soldier and McCree is a wild-west cowboy type. How could he not be American?
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Saying "I'm american" in a phony accent doesn't make me american.
    Says on his discription on Overwatch page that his name is Torbjörn Lindholm from Gothenburg, Sweden. What more proof do you need? Sweden dont really have a distinct English accent.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only Aussie is a dude that uses a fucking Wheel with bombs attached to it. Be Glad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    The only Aussie is a dude that uses a fucking Wheel with bombs attached to it. Be Glad.
    Ain't Roadhog Aussie too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    You have Torbjörn, quite close to you.
    lol by that logic, Brazil and Russia are close to thoose continents you wanted aswell..

I know, i know... incoming a huge reply with "its not the same"...

Deleted
    To be fair, having someone from your country isnt always the best of things.

Tracer's accent is fucking unbearable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Says on his discription on Overwatch page that his name is Torbjörn Lindholm from Gothenburg, Sweden. What more proof do you need? Sweden dont really have a distinct English accent.
    I'm from Gothenburg, we do have a very distinct accent. The description might as well say he is from south Africa. There is nothing in his character that references his origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Reaper doesn't look one bit like a monkey, more like the...yeah Reaper (- scythe + shotguns) himself.

And mercy is swiss, as given away by her job as medic.

Reinhardt on the other hand is german, and with very funny accent too. XD
    Reaper isnt black tho... hes tanned, more of a mexican-american or portuguese.... but defo not black.