Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    grats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Core group of friends and I, after losing a couple of good guilds to married couples imploding the entire guild, eventually had to swear off ever raiding with married people ever again. Once we did we entered a golden age of relaxed, extremely productive raiding on a small time commitment, and this wasn't an all dudes raiding group, it was a really diverse mix of people.

I'm sure there are people out there who can take feedback/constructive criticism of them or their other half without exploding into a 'NOBODY TALKS TO MY WIFE/HUSBAND LIKE THAT!!!' rage, but I'd never raid with another married couple again, because it just isn't worth the risk (and I specifically mean married, boyfriends/girlfriends/friends with benefits I never had any problems with, it just seems that once you put a ring on it, both people turn psychotic).

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vendizritz View Post
    your gm should have grew a pair and kick the officer and that bitch out of the guild
    ^ Here's your answer.

Weak leadership is what kills guilds. All that kind of drama does is shine a light on your leadership. It seems that you didn't have a very strong foundation if 1 person could come in and cripple your guild.

Oh, man.... Same happened to my guild and me back in Cata. Officer's new gf was really demanding, and worst thing was that he was guild master's best bud, so she became a part of our raid team, however, her regular tantrums cuz of loot distribution, wipes, etc made few other officers and class leaders leave. We barely managed to clear FL on heroic, but right after that almost everyone left.

I now prefer guilds w/ performance > all approach to raiding.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-27 at 07:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen that happen to several guilds I've gone through, which is one reason I eventually made my own and I was the only one in it. (essentially guildless, but stops all the spam invites.) One or two girls inevitably find lonely basement dwelling geeks to wrap around their little fingers, and the whole guild goes to shit because of it. Anything from GMs who automatically give loot to a girl because she bats her ingame eyelashes to situations like the OP's. Or the fun ones where a girl is 'talking to' more than one guy in the guild, and then they find out about each other. Never ends well for the guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Never recruit "socials". Never ever recruit girl "socials". Never ever ever get in a relationship with girl "socials".

Your guild failed on all three counts, sorry.
    I've personally never had good experiences with female players on WoW or any MMO for that matter. Seen many a guild fall and all from internal conflict brought on by either a female leader or a leader under the influence of a female.

Sometimes the former could be several going after one another's throat over who gets to Earthshield the tank, which got really weird. I shit you not. This is how petty they'd get and obsessive over their boy-toy with the British accent. It's one of the reasons I can't look at a Female Shaman Draenei without cringing these days.

...That being said, I've been just fine with them in shooters and the likes. Very few if any issues there. Part of a community with many ranging from skilled and unskilled. By and large pleasant. Probably because we don't really play MMOs, so we don't get the socialites that can be carried through the game's content. Simply doesn't work in something like CS:GO.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-05-27 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Unfortunaly a chick destroyed our guild from the inside with bitching and passive aggressiveness.

The problem began when she started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. She actually demanded people say hello to her when she logged in and expected to get by with poor game play plus flirting.

He bugged everyone, all the time, about her and how she needed to be made a raider. She would fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she did it on purpose.

The whole guild fell apart. I look back and wonder what I could have done to prevent this.

Have any of you dealt with similar behavior?
    Yup, several times in fact. While I know "not all x" applies, in my own experiences the girls ("girls") I have had to deal with in WoW have often erred onto the slightly eccentric to the downright paranoid and obsessive.

The ones that managed to squeeze into the officer positions of guilds i was in managed to set fire to the whole thing within a month of their promotion, apparently sleeping with your guild members IRL behind their backs was fine in this particular girl's eyes.

General picture being drama happens more, backtalking and all that other nasty toxic behavior seems more "excused" for a female doing it on WoW from what i've seen. So usually now I rarely join a guild with any female members in positions of authority who are either not married or have shown themselves to be of fair character who don't use their "womyn rights" to screw over everyone else for their benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I had a guild fall apart once. The GM was a female, and really emotional. She left for a bit and left no one in charge. We defaulted to two raid teams instead of one 25 man team and neither team got along. Then she comes back and tries to merge the teams, and half the people left right there because she didn't care to make sure they could raid. Anything she wanted, she took. It all finally came to an end during heroic Chimareon when she would Not listen to anyone at all. We just wiped using her strat over and over. So I quit. Being the only other tank in the guild, it fell apart soon after since she didn't want to fix it and wouldn't let anyone else try to fix it.

Had my current guild take a major hit last expansion because of yet another women. We had a raider afk for half an hour, so I suggested we bring in one of the bench members. She flipped out accusing us of wanting to replace her (the other mage who was on the bench was 100times better then her), and she left. Took four others with her. We recovered thankfully since none of them were all that important.

Only times I have Ever had issues in Any guild was when a women started it.
    Your first one seems to be about someone being a bad guildleader, not about a woman destroying a guild...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Yes, i usually avoid guild with girls unless they are married and/or are married
    I focused on avoiding any guilds with couples(where both couples are members), regardless whether or not they're married. I've seen guilds explode because of all sorts of drama that couples bring to the party. This includes avoiding single people who try to start a relationship with another guild member. I find that couples who "have" to play together all the time are going to have a fairly negative impact on the guild dynamic. I suppose it has more to do with whether or not the relationship between the couple is healthy, rather than whether or not they're in the guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    grats /////

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Huh, you're a rude and angry one. And look at your imagination fly - I really pushed some buttons, it appears.

Well I never said that women are "the holy grail of humanity", nor have I "defended" them "without a second thought". That's a whole scenario you came up with in your head entirely, noticed? You're unconfident around women, that's what makes you furious and prejudiced towards them. It also explains your need to label men who don't share your personalitiy issues as "white knight morons".
    Sorry to break your illusion but I'm happily married with two kids, so no, I don't hate women or have anything against them. What I do hate are people like you who think women can do no wrong. Keep being a white knight buddy, won't get you laid.

Deleted
    If you failed for 1 person, it wasn't that 1 person's fault only, but also yours for letting it.

There are storys as tame as yours OP and then there are some like the story from the leading guild of a server (Frostwolf-EU iirc) which had a happy couple of a raidleader and his gf.

Twist of the story was, this chick got gangbanged from all other raidleaders on a guildmeeting or something like that and then shit got down pretty fast

But after all...don't be an asshole towards women in general and grow some balls as a GM and kick persons who just ruin your guild and the work all of the members a putting into it.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

Deleted
    Been in a good rbg guild, had multiple woman( I think 3 who did rbg's and 2-3 casual pvpers) in there even included a couple that played togheter.

Really never had a problem a problem with it, sure there was the goofy flirt from both sides once in a while but nothing more.
    No one was getting special treatment, the woman who weren't really that active/good didn't get a main rbg spot for instance.

I just find it funny how many guilds can break up due to something so small, if anyone in the guild is annoying beyond compare or whatever then you kick said person. No need to blame woman for it.

Btw our guild broke up because the leaders wanted to go beyond 2.1k rating rbg's and wanted to do a faction change to alliance and a realm change to achieve that.
    Most social people who made the guild fun besides the main group were left behind and in the end it all just sort of broke up.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-05-27 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Sorry to break your illusion but I'm happily married with two kids, so no, I don't hate women or have anything against them. What I do hate are people like you who think women can do no wrong. Keep being a white knight buddy, won't get you laid.
    Haha. You're so good at embarassing yourself. A guy trapped in wedlock and with two kids in the fold hangs around on the internet, getting upset about women destroying online gaming communities and hating on "white knights", telling himself that they "won't get laid". This paints a picture that's way more telling than you'd like to admit to yourself. Hilarious.

As a former Raidleader of arround 35 Members, with a Raidteam of roughly 30. With benching and rotating and everything:

This was not the girls fault. Sure, she caused the problem, but thats why you have officers and a GM.

I didnt have any officers at my lead, only a GM and i was in charge for the health of our raidgroup. I kicked several people from our guild, even tho i liked them personally. I had no choice. And sure it was hard, those people all turned on me afterwards, but I had 33 other people to care about and their fun in our raid.

That brought me respect but also distance to the other members. Thats the cost of beeing a good raidleader.

An other expansion I leaded 10 people and i was loose, thought we could do it in a friendly manner, democratic, selfawareness for everyone. That was more drama for me as a GM, than those years as a raidleader of 35...

And guess what, only once in my WoW "career" it was a relationships issue. Dont make this bigger than it is or blame the women for this. Its a problem of leadership.

And on top of all that, I engaged in a relationship that lead to marriage with a raider at my time as a raidleader, with no drama whatsoever.
    Last edited by tmkai; 2016-05-27 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XTRWLT View Post
    There are storys as tame as yours OP and then there are some like the story from the leading guild of a server (Frostwolf-EU iirc) which had a happy couple of a raidleader and his gf.

Twist of the story was, this chick got gangbanged from all other raidleaders on a guildmeeting or something like that and then shit got down pretty fast

But after all...don't be an asshole towards women in general and grow some balls as a GM and kick persons who just ruin your guild and the work all of the members a putting into it.
    Lol that escalated quickly, I would probably be kind of upset about that as well. I mean your supposed ingame buddies banged your girl so you kinda hate those guys now and you hate your girl for cheating ( multiple guys even!) I can't see a happy ending cumming out of that.

The SS Friendship&comradery probably sunk pretty fast after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Haha. You're so good at embarassing yourself. A guy trapped in wedlock and with two kids in the fold hangs around on the internet, getting upset about women destroying online gaming communities and hating on "white knights", telling himself that they "won't get laid". This paints a picture that's way more telling than you'd like to admit to yourself. Hilarious.
    TIL being happily married = being "trapped in wedlock."

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    TIL being happily married = being "trapped in wedlock."

Interesting.
    There's a specific club of people around here who'd tell you women are only out there to seduce you, marry you and then steal your money and run away. True story bro.