Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Uhhhh....yeano. The majority of exp was still coming from dungeon quests, not heirlooms, at least til MoP lvl content. Doing away with that slows the process significantly. Not to mention your logic is bullshit (though you know that already, don't you?). If my heirloom gives me the same exp as it did before the change but mobs take 4x longer to kill now....guess what? Lvling takes 4x longer too. Which it has no business doing, especially when they are increasing the lvl cap AGAIN.
    Here's the thing, the time consumed will be less if you're killing a mob 2-3 shots rather than lets say 6 shots so faster leveling for heirloom people. Also, heirlooms are still giving exp bonus so you'll get more exp than without heirlooms. I have no idea about increasing lvl cap, since I don't think they made this change yet but I'm certain that this happened because a month ago some dev made a video about this and how they wanted to "enhance" the leveling experience.
    Idk if I am missing something but wherever the fuck it says that the heirloom experience has been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    For YOU, and not new players.

These changes are being made for new players, not veterans who have done the content multiple times. And, not all veteran players feel that way - there are a lot of players who just level alts, and making the experience more rewarding is more important than your boredom.

I wondered if this was going to happen, and sadly it is. Everyone complains about the game, but when they fix it, everyone cries and moans about changing the game. God forbid a new player have a great experience the first time they play, because YOU might be bored.

They changed the game too late IMHO, the new leveling experience should of been at Catalysm and they should of got rid of the Story of the Lich King from WCIII- WOTLK and closed it right off and redone the game a new, letting the must-have mounts legacy for those who got it, and deregulate the old raids and dungeons to the Caverns of Time with a new feel. It's really too late, FFXIV managed to change before it died WOW didn't.

ATM they are trying to deal with 2-3 games worth of content when it should be just one and at Catalysm it's lost its appeal, increasing the time needed to level up when adding 10 levels is not the problem, it wasn't the problem. It's the broken content itself that made it dysfunctional they only "CARED" about the current players not thinking what it will do for the new players. BOA is meant to speed up the leveling process for players who already got the experience

Here's the current problem that's being completely ignored by blizzard... Level 1 - 60 everyone is mentioned Deathwing as the big bad guy... DEATHWING this DEATHWING that. Then you get thrown into Outlands which has no bearing on the story no one mentions Deathwing just the Burning Legion from Vanilla same as you get to Northrend they start mentioning the LICH KING which was in Vanilla as the be all and end all. The game's content has gotten too dysfunctional and they DONT care about the story. They should just remove Outland and Northrend from the world when Catalysm came instead of half-redone the whole main continent. (Missing out Sithilitus and other such places but since the subs dropped they didn't do it).

Now here's what they could've done:

Since they closed off the legacy raids they could of added more raids or events in such as Twilight Hammer dungeons in Sithilitus trying to ressurecct Cthun and Yogg Sauron, or a minor raid where they managed to resurrect Yogg Sauron and Cthun and you have to fight them together or get them fighting each other for control of the continent thus weakening them, enforcing the concept that the Old Gods are the true enemy which are the void gods, this gives them time to develop the story but since they didn't close off the previous expansions it's a total mess now.

The legacy raids and dungeons could be themed towards the current expansion like in MOP... Imagine a Eastern 40 man molten core, or a 40 man Eastern Blackwing's lair etc.

If Legion is the last part of this storyline from Cata to Legion and they don't close ALL the game's content off and begin anew... They've basically not gonna get anyone but the real diehards back, even the professional pro raiders have closed off since the sponsors aint gonna fund their dying game.

Another thing:

Classes are another problem too many specs, when they could of cut them down. You don't need EVERY CLASS being a healer,tank and dps which they are trying to achieve with the last few additions and changes. I would of personally cut a few specs out cause they are just there for being there sakes. For example Warrior, you could easily cut out Protection and made Fury and Arms tank with a swap of weapon... Which they are a master at. Make Fury Tanks with a 2 handed weapon like Conan, and Arms tank with a sword and shield like a Knight. Druid could easily cut down to 3 specs and remove restoration. Seriously they are defenders of the forest not fucking healers of the forest, could go Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Flame, Druid of the Talon, with the Affinities allowing them to use some of the spells in their beastly forms and a few others I can name to be cut down, this is the reason they are truncating abilities there are too many spells and abilities to balance when it can be quickly solved.

Why is classes a problem welll if you look at the past patch notes from Cata onwards ALL of them are on 95% class balance and 5% content this was not the case from the Previous WCIII to WOTLK era. You can deny it all you want but there has been NO REAL content patch from Catalysm onwards.
    Last edited by luckydan79; 2016-05-27 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    I HATE leveling. Not because it's not hard, but because it's boring. And it's not boring because it's not hard, it's boring because:
    • The classes are not interesting before max level
    • We've been doing the same kind of quests over and over for 10 years
    • The leveling zones are empty
    • The gameplay is painfully slow
    • It's just a part that I don't have any interest in but that is 100% mandatory for the other 90% of the game

The only logical reason for Blizzard to increase the time needed to go to level 100 is for the new players they're expecting to come with the movie (which is probably not going to be a large number anyway), but
    • New players are not experienced in the game, so it's going to take them a lot of time anyway
    • They don't have access to heirlooms

Considering this, and the fact that the leveling experience is bad (and not because it's "too fast"), I really, really, really don't understand why is Blizzard punishing the current players for the sake of providing a slightly better experience to players that are most likely going to stop after the free month.

And actually, I'm not even concerned directly by the change since I already have all classes at least level 90.
    Because leveling at current is WAY too easy and WAY too fast, even without heirlooms. Reason there was a little nerf on XP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you don't like leveling, an MMO isn't for you.

The increase to the time spent leveling up was needed. It's ridiculous to go 1-20 in half an hour.

Plus, it helps them sell more boosts. You do the math.

You cant be serious for years people on this page have been complaining that leveling is too fast and you blow through areas so Blizzard makes it a little slower and now those same people complain it is to slow amazing.

I HATE leveling. Not because it's not hard, but because it's boring. And it's not boring because it's not hard, it's boring because:
    • The classes are not interesting before max level
    • We've been doing the same kind of quests over and over for 10 years
    • The leveling zones are empty
    • The gameplay is painfully slow
    • It's just a part that I don't have any interest in but that is 100% mandatory for the other 90% of the game

The only logical reason for Blizzard to increase the time needed to go to level 100 is for the new players they're expecting to come with the movie (which is probably not going to be a large number anyway), but
    • New players are not experienced in the game, so it's going to take them a lot of time anyway
    • They don't have access to heirlooms

Considering this, and the fact that the leveling experience is bad (and not because it's "too fast"), I really, really, really don't understand why is Blizzard punishing the current players for the sake of providing a slightly better experience to players that are most likely going to stop after the free month.

And actually, I'm not even concerned directly by the change since I already have all classes at least level 90.
    if you hate leveling wow is not the game for you. That's like saying you hate water yet you still want to swim

10+ Year Old Account
    • The classes are not interesting before max level - Your own opinion.
    • We've been doing the same kind of quests over and over for 10 years - Not really.
    • The leveling zones are empty - Nope, not really.
    • The gameplay is painfully slow - Meh, seen much worse *cough* Wildstar *cough*
    • It's just a part that I don't have any interest in but that is 100% mandatory for the other 90% of the game - Mate, if you don't like leveling, then maybe an RPG just isn't for you?
    Had to comment something a little extra.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    they better buff heirlooms exp boost.
    Yep I have an idea:

- Cut basic xp given so you don't outlevel a zone without heirlooms
    - Buff heirlooms xp buff (not stats) so the veterans can level faster (both camps happy)

- Buff mobs so each mob is more dangerous and takes longer to kill
    - Cut quest objectives in half so it doesn't take longer just feels more challenging - TBC nesingwary nerf was first step towards it, go further, people want to be challenged a bit and not kill repetitively 30 of the same meaningless mob
    - Also adjust mob density especially in caves if you do that, I remember the horrible old school experience of crawling through a cave killing tens of mobs (slowly) trying to find that one quest objective / boss at the end only to see all the crap respawned behind my back so I have to clean up to get out or have to HS, I was surprised they actually added clues to the new version of the quest in Teldrassil with the druid barrow dens because I remember doing it on my first character ever, getting lost and having to endlessly crawl through respawning mobs while not finding the exit

You can make a mob twice as long to kill but then make us kill half the amount to even it out.

I'm not sure anyone who looks for interesting levelling and a bit of challenge misses the experience of killing endless murlocks with no heads, trolls with no ears, moonstalkers with no pelts and other bears not dropping their asses for a quest.

Even if I'm not af an of leveling much anymore...

It's stupid that you can have quests go green or even grey in the normal leveling flow.

And here we go again... Hundreds of posts how leveling is to easy, begging blizzard to make it harder, more like it was in vanilla. How its to fast, dungeons to easy, etc etc etc...

And then when Blizz starts fixing the problem, BOOM, another half of people starts complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    What players? I am a player and it isn't what I want.
    you're also not the vocal majority, are you? There are 5 million people playing this game and Blizzard cannot possibly give all of us everything we want in 1 game. The vocal ones want the risk of dying while leveling. They want to NOT be able to one shot mobs from 1 to 100 like you can now. They want to have that journey to connect to a character.

I personally hate leveling. I hated it back in TBC/Wrath. It was boring. Painful and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Players want it.

Low levels is boring for new players.

Alts is even boring.
    Making it longer doesn't make it less boring.

There is one reason and one reason alone that these changes are made.

$

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Why is this so hard to understand.
    Leveling feels boring because you're NEVER challenged, you NEVER have to think or make judgment calls. Run from mob to mob and kill them nearly instantly. Forget your health pool you're not going to die unless you somehow run across a mob 20 levels above you. Forget your mana pool, spells costs nearly nothing. Forget other players because you don't need them. Get annoyed at the tank in a dungeon because he had the audacity to stand still for 5 seconds. Go gogo gogogogogo go go tank. Wait nvm the healer alone could probably solo the boss.

Overarching "urge" in leveling is to level up yes. You feel satisfaction by doing it fast, but only if the "base" experience of it isn't this joke it currently is. It has gotten so fast and easy that yes, every level does feel trivial, because it was. Because you could do a dungeon and level up twice. Same thing with gear, the "goal" is to get geared, right? But when you get showered in loot you stop feeling excitement from it. 'Cept getting OP trinkets.

And because this somehow needs to be said over and over:
    You having 10 maxlevel characters shouldn't dictate how fast leveling should be.

Making it longer doesn't make it less boring.

There is one reason and one reason alone that these changes are made.

$

Making mobs feel like they can pose a threat, making them not die instantly, making you have actual use of more than your go-to damage ability does make it less boring...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Longer time to kill a mob + Same amount of XP per mob = ?
    Yeah, you right again! Longer leveling!
    But thats what the vanilla "crowd" wants! /s

Because they are trying to shut idiots up while trying to get some more money through character boost sale.
    Classic server scrub1: HEIRLOOMS OP I ONE SHOT EVERYTHING GAME TOO EASY REMOVE HEIRLOOMS!!!!
    Solution: Don't use heirlooms.
    Classic server scrub2: DUNGEONS OP EXP I CANT QUEST BECAUSE DUNGEONS TOO OP!!!
    Solution: You can just quest instead of doing dungeons if you claim to prefer that.
    Classic server scrub3: BUT I CANT FINISH ZONE I NEED TO MOVE TO NEXT ONE BEFORE I HAVE COMPLETED THIS ONE!!!
    Solution: False, if you really enjoy the zone you can stay in it until you are done with every quest before moving.

Summary: Those people are either idiots or just want to fuck everything up for every person and should be just ignored.

I *love* this change and yet see the OP's view.

and I think the fix is probably the most simple thing ever

Increase the difficulty, nerf the xp, make the game great again! BUT increase the bonus xp on heirlooms a bunch. If lazy mother fuckers don't want to do that part of the game, fine. Give them their heirlooms and let them faceroll through it at the end of the day they will be the worse players for it when they hit max and have zero idea how to play their class or any of the lore in the zones. Those of us that want to actually experience this wonderful game in all its glory don't have to use them. This was the original intention of heirlooms, somehow that message got lost along the way and the base game became faceroll with or without heirlooms.

Note - I'd also put people in heirlooms in a different dungeon finder to those without them. I'd like to see the dungeons without having tanks pulling at breakneck speed too!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Players want it.

Low levels is boring for new players.

Alts is even boring.
    Let us take a simple scenario:
    Before this adjustment you would have needed to kill 74 boars to level from 11->12 (MADE UP NUMBER!), it took a player X-amount of time.

After this adjustment you would need to kill 116 boars to level from 11->12 (AGAIN MADE UP NUMBER), it will take you X times 1,45 to level.

How an earth is is better when the leveling takes longer, since all the action is at the top level? It makes practically no sense at all.
    And ppl can't say, that leveling should be as slow as in Vanilla, think with your brains for a sec, I mean rly think, if the leveling time would be the same from 1-60 as it was before, how long would it take for a player to reach level 100 (110 in Legion), it would be a certain death strike to leveling, thus it would (naturally) add more $, £ and €:s to Blizzards purse, why? Because ppl would buy the "not so overprized" character boost more.

A reason why leveling to me has been tedious and boring after the revamp of talents and skills at MoP / WoD is that the leveling is not at all rewarding, before you got a talent every level, and yes it was only +1% Crit dmg to Immolate and stuff, but you actually GOT some kind of a reward for the grinding.
    You had spell ranks (though this was stupid even back then imo), so that was one reward.
    And on top of that your spells were not so tied to the spec of your class, meaning you had more fluid adding of stuff to your bars, surely you did not "need" all the spell, that were outisde of you chosen specialization, but still it was a reward.

Now, that they are even more removing stuff in Legion, it will be so... damn... boring...

On top of this "We must remove everything so players can't play the spec wrong"-mentality they should have made a level squish to the game, currently you have enough skills and talents, that the level cap should be something like 50, or 60 at tops. Then they could have made it feel a bit more fluid.

In my opinion, leveling currently via normal methods (Not using the boost) is too slow, not too fast.

Deleted
    Answer is simple Lore
    Yea could get bored after you level 10th alt but thats why these Heirlooms are for

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    you're also not the vocal majority, are you? There are 5 million people playing this game and Blizzard cannot possibly give all of us everything we want in 1 game. The vocal ones want the risk of dying while leveling. They want to NOT be able to one shot mobs from 1 to 100 like you can now. They want to have that journey to connect to a character.

I personally hate leveling. I hated it back in TBC/Wrath. It was boring. Painful and tedious.
    How does Blizzard know the majority of players want that?

As someone who doesn't, I haven't been going around posting leveling is perfect. They are only listening to those who are crying about it on forums, which is a very small minority of players.

The vast majority of players want something to do, hence why like 5mil players quit in WoD. It wasn't because mobs were being 1 shot when leveling.

They need to fix the early leveling experience for new players since they are anticipating a lot of new blood from the movie.