Page 32 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    You guys are quick to judge, just because it's a video game movie doesn't mean it's going to flop or fail, look at the Resident Evil movies, they're good movies and made after a video game.

Half of you people want this movie to fail because you've got some sort of deep, buried inner hatred for anything Warcraft. Hop off if you don't like it.

Just embrace the badness. Don't deny it. This will be DnD 2.0.
    We are just prepared sit back and try to enjoy it anyway.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2016-05-27 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    I'm still hoping it's good, and that the critical reaction so far is because it's quite unlike anything seen before. I'll be watching regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Rotten tomatoes is basicly shit. Mostly give high scores to really artistic and fucking boring movies. Action movies and anything not specifically aimed at confusing people basicly gets shit on
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/ Sorry, what was that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Blizzard always ain't Disney who have been known to pay people for good reviews, as well as taking large groups of influential critics out to see special screenings and treating them like Kings and Queens.
    Are you serious right now? You realize these are just conspiracy theories paraded by BvS fanboys who think Disney-Marvel bribed critics into smashing BvS because they can't understand what a fucking retard Snyder really is, don't you?

Besides, why are we talking about Blizzard, they just own the IP. Universal & Legendary produced it. Are Universal &/or Legendary known for bribing critics? That's the real question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    i agree I love the resident evil movies and in return gave me a great respect for Milla Jovovich.
    The Resident Evil movies are an absolute case of "so bad, it's good," no contest. Seriously, some of the "high tension" scenes are so moronic, you can't stop laughing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Everybody should have known this was coming when Legendary put an embargo on reviews til after the world premiere.
    This right here.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2016-05-27 at 10:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I see reddit being smarter than mmo-c Why am i not surprised?
    Reddit has always been less whiny than mmoc when it comes to things WoW related. Maybe it's the upvoting that causes the more valuable things to be more visible.

Yeah, when you expected Game of Thrones from Warcraft, you should just...stop.

I expect, and hope for, Dungeons and Dragons feel. Delightful trainwreck movie.

Deleted
    Went to see the film yesterday with some friends. I had low expectations going in, like 2/10.

If your coming from outside, knowing nothing about the warcraft universe i would rate it 2/10.

Being a fan i would rate it 3.5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/ Sorry, what was that?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious right now? You realize these are just conspiracy theories paraded by BvS fanboys who think Disney-Marvel bribed critics into smashing BvS because they can't understand what a fucking retard Snyder really is, don't you?

Besides, why are we talking about Blizzard, they just own the IP. Universal & Legendary produced it. Are Universal &/or Legendary known for bribing critics? That's the real question.

- - - Updated - - -

The Resident Evil movies are an absolute case of "so bad, it's good," no contest. Seriously, some of the "high tension" scenes are so moronic, you can't stop laughing.

- - - Updated - - -

This right here.
    to be fair, i liked mad max, but it wasnt THAT good. It was pretty fucking mediocre. The action was cool, but as someone who knew nothing about mad max, it was pretty fuckin stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The trouble is that plenty of people care.

Bob: Hey Jim want to go to the cinema?
    Jim : Sure Bob what is playing?
    Bob : Some film called Warcraft
    Jim : Hmm never heard of that before.
    Bob : Nor me! Let us have a look on the interweb for some reviews! trailers!
    *10 minutes later*
    Jim : What else is showing? Where can we order our tickets?
    Fixed that for you. General audience doesn't give much faith into critics reviews, only when they align with their views. Like, "movies about video games usually suck, i don't want to waste my money with it, *looks at trailer*, ok, i like it, but i still entitled to my fear that i won't like it, i'm going to ask my friends *gets positive responses*, ok, they clearly have no clue they are talking about, lets try reviews *browses through hundreds of "critics" and looks for ones that didn't like the movie*, gotcha! i saved X$ from not watching this movie, i knew it was shit!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yeah, when you expected Game of Thrones from Warcraft, you should just...stop.

I expect, and hope for, Dungeons and Dragons feel. Delightful trainwreck movie.
    Expecting GoT from 12+ game? Wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Fixed that for you. General audience doesn't give much faith into critics reviews, only when they align with their views. Like, "movies about video games usually suck, i don't want to waste my money with it, *looks at trailer*, ok, i like it, but i still entitled to my fear that i won't like it, i'm going to ask my friends *gets positive responses*, ok, they clearly have no clue they are talking about, lets try reviews *browses through hundreds of "critics" and looks for ones that didn't like the movie*, gotcha! i saved X$ from not watching this movie, i knew it was shit!"
    In fairness the trailers, particularly the earlier ones have been fairly offputting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    In fairness the trailers, particularly the earlier ones have been fairly offputting.
    Agreed, but the tv spots we've seen in the last few weeks made me forget those lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They were fine-ish for a 12+ movie. I mean, they can't do much with it, i'm afraid that i'll have same vibe of "that's a movie for fucking kids, wtf i'm doing in the theater" like i had with star wars 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Why is anyone surprised that the movie sucks? The in-game lore throughout the Warcraft franchise has been weak at best and the novels are badly written and dull.
    luckily you're in MMO champ, try that move on Ytube, you'd be bombarded with protoss insults

Deleted
    Watched the movie last night.

Better than i expected.

Fantastic CGI--Good acting(positively surprised by Khadgar...Ben something)-- It had some chars development issues mainly because of the short timing.30 more minutes would improve the film big time.
    Personally i loved it a solid 8/10. My GF also enjoy it who has no clue about Warcraft or WoW.

Reviews and rating concerned at least in Europe and in my country there reviews are around 6-9 or 3.5 stars and above from movie critics.

I tried to read some of the negative reviews mainly coming from US for some wierd reason and i bursted out laughing. 1 review was talking about how game lost subs and thats why the movie is bad(he was top critic), the other guy was talking like this was coming from WoW. ANother review(i think not from US) was connecting the current immigrant issue with the movie and was bashing it(obviously unimformed that the warcraft lore is about 20 years).

I have to note here that it is more akward that the first negative review came from a guy(ALonso Duralde) who broke the embargo giving the film a 10/100 with a lot of negativity and some points that made no sense and he also made some huge mistakes(did he even watch the movie?).

So he broke the embargo causing other reviews to come after(negative or positive doesnt matter) and he also gave the film propably the worse review it will recieve.
    Have to note here this guy gave JUpiter ascending a 85% and Dragonball ultymate a 80%, yes he did.

I am not going into conspiracy theories, but all this is more than suspicious thats why i gave 0 attention and watched the film yesterday, and i i am glad i did.

NOTE here that X-men apocalypse reiceves huge pressure from Warcraft in terms of pre-sales currently in CHina.Just food for thought

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    to be fair, i liked mad max, but it wasnt THAT good. It was pretty fucking mediocre. The action was cool, but as someone who knew nothing about mad max, it was pretty fuckin stupid.
    To quote myself from earlier in this thread;
    Back in 1991, T2 Judgement Day basically redefined what Action Scenes should look like in movies. Ever since, everyone's been pretty much been copy/pasting Cameron's work. Or, well, the good movies have at least.

Fury Road did the same thing, but for cars. It's not recognized for its story, it's recognized for its acting, characters, world building, its amazingly good practical effects (especially important to note, in this ridiculous "CGI is King" era) & most importantly, its action scenes, which have set new standards for car chases now. Most critics managed to accept it has minimal story, others didn't. The Raid: Redemption (2011) from Indonesia & its sequel, The Raid 2 (2014) does the same thing for martial arts movies & close-quarters/hand-to-hand combat, while the under-the-radar John Wick (2014) had excellent gun-based action scenes, with yet another (weird & largely) minimalistic story.

To be clear; nobody's running out to make a Fury Road Clone, & it hasn't created some new "Action Movie Formula" which is going to result in a decade of "ripoff" movies (think '80s Action flicks), but it has done a ridiculous amount for car chase action scenes in Hollywood. Likewise, Raid's only had a limited effect due to it being a largely under-the-radar foreign film, & John Wick didn't make many waves at first, but it picked up a sizeable audience post-Box Office, which got it a sequel (due February 2017) quite fast.

Think of Avatar; It's a piece of shit story-wise, so nobody (well, some idiots aside, I guess) thinks its a good movie, but everyone who can actually look at it objectively has to admit, it looks glorious, & that's exactly what critics saw.... That, & the words "James Cameron," of course.
    - - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Dubstep Music? What the fuck? It's like Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, & Game of Thrones don't even exist. Learn-to-fucking-market, Universal/Legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They were fine-ish for a 12+ movie. I mean, they can't do much with it, i'm afraid that i'll have same vibe of "that's a movie for fucking kids, wtf i'm doing in the theater" like i had with star wars 7
    Lol? When in the hell did TFA ever give off a "kiddie" vibe, exactly? 6 months later, I still don't understand these complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by subxaero View Post
    NOTE here that X-men apocalypse reiceves huge pressure from Warcraft in terms of pre-sales currently in CHina.Just food for thought
    What?
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2016-05-27 at 12:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie last night, and I had a fucking blast. So many nods to the players and the story worked very well on film. It's not a movie epic and it doesn't try to be either, it's just pure fun and pure Warcraft all the way through.
    Was especially impressed with the performance of the actor who did Khadgar (Ben..?), but I though the actor who did Lothar (Travis, main char in Vikings) could have done better. The orcs were amazing to see on screen, the CGI is incredibly good. Gul'dan was a fucking bad ass! Also enjoyed Ogrim a lot.

8/10 will watch this movie again and again

Impetus Norvegicus
    Norwegian Empire Community
    Søker etter flere norsktalende spillere
    Guild forum | Guild HQ

Deleted
    What?[/QUOTE]

http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1464077571131.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    To quote myself from earlier in this thread;

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Dubstep Music? What the fuck? It's like Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, & Game of Thrones don't even exist. Learn-to-fucking-market, Universal/Legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol? When in the hell did TFA ever give off a "kiddie" vibe, exactly? 6 months later, I still don't understand these complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

What?

http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1464077571131.png. Rummors say the film reiceves huge pre-sales pressure from Warcraft, they also beileved they should move eventually the release a week earlier than 3rd june. Personally Just wondering why reviewers who worshipped Marvel's movies before rushed out breaking the embargo to give Warcraft negative reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    You guys are quick to judge, just because it's a video game movie doesn't mean it's going to flop or fail, look at the Resident Evil movies, they're good movies and made after a video game.

Half of you people want this movie to fail because you've got some sort of deep, buried inner hatred for anything Warcraft. Hop off if you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

The Resident Evil movies are awesome bro, check your privilege.
    LOL! I do love them, Im a big fan of RE, but the movies are bad... so bad. The sorty could be sooooo much better. And when they cater to 3D OMG. BLEH! Why do you think it takes forever to make a new one?

But im still gonna go see the new one and buy it to add to my collection. I wanna see how they are gonna end this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by subxaero View Post
    http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1464077571131.png. Rummors say the film reiceves huge pre-sales pressure from Warcraft, they also beileved they should move eventually the release a week earlier than 3rd june. Personally Just wondering why reviewers who worshipped Marvel's movies before rushed out breaking the embargo to give Warcraft negative reviews
    Is there a source for these numbers at all, or?

Deleted
    Saw it yesterday. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys fantasy based action movies.

I liked the Warcraft movie more than most of the other movies I've seen in the cinema the last 5-6 years (Star Wars, The Hobbit and all the mediocre super hero/comic book movies).

It's not up there among Lotr, The Dark Knight or Avatar, but it's close. Together with the Jungle Book, Deadpool and now the Warcraft Movie it's been a really enjoyable movie year thus far, unlike the many previous years.

I'd give the movie a /10.

It just lacks 1h. In Hobbit we got 3 movies with 3h length and movie was terrible because of that. In Warcraft they made a movie that should be at least in 2 parts and 3h long... That is where the problem starts. They forgot to put important LORE in the game or maybe they just had to cut it out because of someone above. You could tell couple of times that scenes were not connected.

I liked the movie but it could be way way better. Sure hope they continue it in a series. Its just o much lore in Warcraft, to many characters to put them all in a 2h movie... And thats just in this part of the lore that they concentrated on.