Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Odds are this army will be used as a boarder patrol?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not every European nation would be in an EU army either, so the comparison is valid.
    Yeah, no. You never won against a united continent, it was you and a number of allies against another group of allied countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They didn't even try seriously.
    Yes they did, they spent lots of resources in the preparation. They did not launch an invasion, but that is because it would have failed miserably, as their preparations showed.

Even had the Battle of Britain resulted in a German victory, the Royal Navy would have likely proved too much for the Kriegsmarine landing operations and the Germans could not hope to land enough men from air drops to conquer Britain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    EU army will be dissolved in the first real war. They aren't a country, it's a superficial union, bar for central Europe, composed of countries with different interests and agendas. Besides, I doubt USA will let you pull out a rival to them. A true unified European army is problematic not only for Russia, but also China and USA. When last time a European country wanted to dominated the world, USA attacked them.
    Wow, you need to read some history books.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, no. You never won against a united continent, it was you and a number of allies against another group of allied countries.
    Which would be the case in any future conflict as well, so it stands as a valid comparison.

Twice a continental European power has come close to uniting Europe, twice they have lost to Britain, my claim is valid.

Deleted
    Yes they did, they spent lots of resources in the preparation. They did not launch an invasion, but that is because it would have failed miserably, as their preparations showed.

Even had the Battle of Britain resulted in a German victory, the Royal Navy would have likely proved too much for the Kriegsmarine landing operations and the Germans could not hope to land enough men from air drops to conquer Britain.
    Who says they had to conquer it, they just wanted to bomb it to force it into making a peace treaty.

Wow, you need to read some history books.
    Care to elaborate what's wrong with that post?

15+ Year Old Account
    Which would be the case in any future conflict as well, so it stands as a valid comparison.

Twice a continental European power has come close to uniting Europe, twice they have lost to Britain, my claim is valid.
    That´s nonsense.

They didn't even try seriously.
    They did for what they had at the time but Hitler wanted to invade the USSR and we all know how that went. Had Hitler not invaded Russia and Russia not invaded at some point Germany then Germany could of shifted production into their Luftwaffe and navy. At the point Germany could of landed troops and secured a supply line the UK would of been steamrolled in all likelihood within a few months tops.

Also its silly to act like a untied EU army would be a threat to the UK. The only nation in that area who would feel worried would be Russia.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2016-05-27 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    twice they have lost to Britain, my claim is valid.
    Lost to Britain? If not for the United States and the Soviet Union, we'd all be speaking German now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says they had to conquer it, they just wanted to bomb it to force it into making a peace treaty.
    They failed on both accounts, they did not bomb the UK into accepting a treaty, nor could they launch an invasion to nullify the UK. In fact it ended up that the RAF did far more damage to Germany than the Luftwaffe did to Britain.

Chat shit, get banged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Care to elaborate what's wrong with that post?
    Well, everything.

Deleted
    They failed on both accounts, they did not bomb the UK into accepting a treaty, nor could they launch an invasion to nullify the UK. In fact it ended up that the RAF did far more damage to Germany than the Luftwaffe did to Britain.

Chat shit, get banged.
    The UK was already about to throw the towel, the US was the only thing that saved them, true fact.

Well, everything.
    Since you are ressisting to provide a rationale, I will just assume you disagree with me but have no argument to counter the points. Unified European army is nothing more than a dream and USA will keep Europe in check all the time. They don't want another rival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    Lost to Britain? If not for the United States and the Soviet Union, we'd all be speaking German now.
    When did Britain fall to Germany in WWII?

If I am understanding this thread correctly a lot of Europeans want the EU to turn into some kind of Nazi fourth reich and than we would be stupid not to join because our little country will be squashed by the superior might of the EU. Well, our little country can stand on it's own, you don't seem to learn from history... or do you want us to come over there and kick your arses again lol. I hope the leave campaign wins our referendum but sadly I don't think it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UK was already about to throw the towel, the US was the only thing that saved them, true fact.
    The US did not enter the war, or even initiate Lend Lease, until after the Battle of Britain and Operation Sealion had been shelved.

So where is that information they allengedly planned to keep secret?
    All I can see brought up there in that article has been public knowledge and been openly discussed for years.
    Maybe the news stations in the UK are just incompetent, or maybe it is by design?

Deleted
    The positives :

- The UK won't need to get involved in conflicts it really doesn't need to enter (afgan/iraq).
    - Pursuit of European interests rather than transatlantic interests.
    - No more attempts at indepentent conflicts (Mali - France, Uk - Sierra Leone etc) = more capability as everyone pitches in.
    - Joint border force
    - more effecient defense spending
    - military and defence autonomy (less of a role from the US in Nato)
    - allows the US to pivot to Asia as Europe will alone be able to pressure Russia into not being cunts.

So whos got the negatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    I would think one of the times he is referring to France under Napoleon. Even then to act like the UK did it alone would be wrong as they had help at various points from Austria,Prussia and Russia to name some.