Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Odds are decent they are very mediocre at best and have higher odds for additional drama.
    The odds are decent for any gender to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Oh yeah, because all "girls" behave the same unless we're married...-_-
    My guild has plenty of women, me being one (single) and the biggest bitches bitching the most have all been male players. They were booted or left, they didn't manage to tear the guild apart.
    As a woman you should know how bitchy and manipulative other women can be. Not saying you are, just saying thats its very very common. Much more common with women than men.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Unfortunately most girls figure out from an early age that they can use their tits to get shit they want, both in real life and in WoW. And guys are susceptible to that, especially the kind that plays WoW. Tell them they can see your tits = easy loot.
    You paint a dark side to the coin. There is a positive side to it though. When people are moderate in their drama, the guild is more interesting with a mix of genders because for some instinctive reasons I believe people find more interesting a place where the other gender exists.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The odds are decent for any gender to do that.
    Don't agree even if it is simply for the reason that homosexual relationships within guilds are definitely more rare.
    I know only a single guild where that caused issues (Germans may no which one ^) while I have easily experienced two dozen guild issues caused by females having relationships with male guild members including at the very least four in my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't agree even if it is simply for the reason that homosexual relationships within guilds are definitely more rare.
    i have found that in any ring of officers in guilds there is generally always one homosexual who has a hidden love for either the gm or another officer.

eventually it comes out and it gets awkward.
    Hi

Deleted
    issues caused by females having relationships with male
    Relationships aren't caused by females, they are caused by a male and a female. When a relationship is strong they have common goals, desires and behaviors. If a relationship was created that created in turn a serious issue, and if that won't change by them, then you must bench both the male and the female.

Relationships aren't caused by females, they are caused by a male and a female. When a relationship is strong they have common goals, desires and behaviors. If a relationship was created that created in turn a serious issue, and if that won't change by them, then you must bench both the male and the female.
    Not sure why you are trying to sell how it's ever a great plan to have to eventually bench to players permanently especially if they maybe even happened to be integral parts of your group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i have found that in any ring of officers in guilds there is generally always one homosexual who has a hidden love for either the gm or another officer.

eventually it comes out and it gets awkward.
    Maybe I just never experience that. That said in terms of odds I am still certainly on the good side given that homosexuality still isn't incredibly widespread.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-27 at 01:13 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The guild I'm currently in has a no couples rule for raiders. You cannot be involved with another raider and your gf/bf/so will not be getting added to the raid team regardless of how good they are.
    Can I join please? So fucking tired of couples in guilds!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Unfortunately it only takes one particularly toxic individual to destroy even the most solid of friendships and organisations under the right circumstances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Can I join please? So fucking tired of couples in guilds!
    Married couples are usually fine. The drama is non-existent. They're way past that usually.

Married couples are usually fine. The drama is non-existent. They're way past that usually.
    Couples are bad for progress orientated guilds often because generally one of them is below standard and only in because of the other. That breeds resentment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Couples are bad for progress orientated guilds often because generally one of them is below standard and only in because of the other. That breeds resentment.
    Don't misunderstand, I didn't mean to recruit the husband or the wife necessarily. Just that provided they are both good the drama is not there usually. Plus, it's good for knowing where the other guy is afk'ing at.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm surprised that two people had the ability to destroy your guild, it must not have been a very well-knit guild to begin with if only two problem people could get your guild disbanded.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Don't misunderstand, I didn't mean to recruit the husband or the wife necessarily. Just that provided they are both good the drama is not there usually. Plus, it's good for knowing where the other guy is afk'ing at.
    It's the general reason for couples drama though - it's not between the couple thats the issue there. It's the couple vs the guild. I have in the past taken extra care recruiting both couples & joint/group applications for exactly the same reason.
    @Dragonheart Maiden 2-3 people gone from a raid team on the same night can be pretty harrowing.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Well even if they are equal it's often enough causing issues. What happens if you criticize one ? Often enough you just made two players mad. One isn't for whatever reason satisfied with the guild, raid, game, whatever - again great odds that both are gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I'm surprised that two people had the ability to destroy your guild
    The main misunderstanding is that most people don't believe what you so correctly said, that there are two people that caused it, not only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that two people had the ability to destroy your guild, it must not have been a very well-knit guild to begin with if only two problem people could get your guild disbanded.
    sometimes it only takes 1 domino to fall to start an avalanche. i'm mixing metaphors but you get the idea.
    Hi

Well even if they are equal it's often enough causing issues. What happens if you criticize one ? Often enough you just made two players mad. One isn't for whatever reason satisfied with the guild, raid, game, whatever - again great odds that both are gone.
    All correct but relatively minor - you're looking to recruit mature individuals regardless of how they apply. I'd say the issue of multiple leaving at the same time is far more likely with groups of friends than relationships, too.

Happens all the time and is an issue in Every. Single. MMO.

Hell, happens IRL all the time too. Why is this a shock to anyone?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    It's the general reason for couples drama though - it's not between the couple thats the issue there. It's the couple vs the guild. I have in the past taken extra care recruiting both couples & joint/group applications for exactly the same reason.
    @Dragonheart Maiden 2-3 people gone from a raid team on the same night can be pretty harrowing.
    It's generally a good thing to keep in mind of course. The main point is that if all is honest and drama-moderate it's not a big deal. I was in a guild a couple of years ago where the wife of a raider was really bad but she would just sit out, she didn't moan.