Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Frankly I wouldn't mind if the ghoul/abom damage values and skulker damage values changed places. Right now it feels like your normal pet might as well not be there.

Also, army and apocalypse ghouls are quite shit right now, even with the explosion artifact trait. They really need to buff those, though I fear that'll come at a nerf to our normal damage.
    It's already been said that the army/a pic ghouls should be doing significant damage for you, so that is part of our 'regular' damage. Might rerout some power from other spells but they are supposed to be impactful.

Yea, Id like to see the ghoul/abom, our disease and Death Coil see a bump. But seeing as our damage is pretty decent atm with bugged traits...

Frankly I wouldn't mind if the ghoul/abom damage values and skulker damage values changed places. Right now it feels like your normal pet might as well not be there.

Also, army and apocalypse ghouls are quite shit right now, even with the explosion artifact trait. They really need to buff those, though I fear that'll come at a nerf to our normal damage.
    They've said they are underpowered and going to get a buff

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...16?page=15#284

Woo another Patch and another lack of Change to Necrosis or Scourge of worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    Our normal setup was DH/Boomkin/me but we had Ele/Enhancement shamans, hunters and warlocks/priests as well. No one could outmatch my dps on multiple mobs and singletarget was always very close (besides DH on both).

To sum it up, new UH feels just great for me and i hope it stays that way.

Any more opinions from beta by now? Most of this thread seems to be from back in alpha.
    I also think Unholy plays great right now. My DK's basically a fresh 110 with a lot of haste (not ideal I don't think) and in the few dungeons I did, I'd easily put most people into the dirt.

However, I don't think you've met a good Fury Warrior yet, wowee.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    While Necrosis isn't fun from my testing of it, Scourge of Worlds is fine. It gives more of a window compared to a huge rotational changer.

Deleted
    Since we're in tuning at this point, I wouldn't expect any functional changes to any ability, unless it turns out to be completely broken in functionality, or in combination with other abilities/talents/traits.

It's pretty shit that we have a talent and a trait that does basically the same thing, but I doubt it will change, outside of maybe the damage values.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    While Necrosis isn't fun from my testing of it, Scourge of Worlds is fine. It gives more of a window compared to a huge rotational changer.
    Since we're in tuning at this point, I wouldn't expect any functional changes to any ability, unless it turns out to be completely broken in functionality, or in combination with other abilities/talents/traits.

It's pretty shit that we have a talent and a trait that does basically the same thing, but I doubt it will change, outside of maybe the damage values.
    It is really not..either that bugs me personally, but that they both exist at once. When another spec had the same situation and that was changed, explicitly for that reason. That is why I have a stick up my ass about it.

Deleted

I'm sorry but i disagree. Even in this very own latest patch a warlock talent was completely revamped and this is a mechanical change and not jus tunning. And it was not broken in functionality.

change:

Soul Harvest (Immediately generates 5 Soul Shards Affliction) (Old) : Increases your damage by 20%. Lasts 10 sec, increased by 2 sec for each target afflicted by your Agony, up to a maximum of 30 sec. Demonology: Increases your damage by 20%. Lasts 10 sec, increased by 2 sec for each target afflicted by your Doom, up to a maximum of 30 sec. Destruction: Increases your damage by 20%. Lasts 10 sec, increased by 2 sec for each target afflicted by your Immolate, up to a maximum of 30 sec. Warlock - Level 60 Talent. Instant (Channeled). 2 min cooldown. 2 min cooldown.

If this kind of change can be made in beta in a talent that nobody was expecting a major revamp, then there's still hope.

It is really not..either that bugs me personally, but that they both exist at once. When another spec had the same situation and that was changed, explicitly for that reason. That is why I have a stick up my ass about it.
    Necrosis isn't fun, even if it was a marginal dps increase when everything is all summed out I would still not use it. It doesn't feel fun and the complexity it adds isn't the type I like.
    Scourge of Worlds though isn't like that. It's not affecting every single DC cast. When it does though you obviously want to dump a bit more into SS/CS. It gives you a window of opportunity to do more damage, compared to a huge rotational changer. They are similar in their effect but mechanically different.

Necrosis isn't fun, even if it was a marginal dps increase when everything is all summed out I would still not use it. It doesn't feel fun and the complexity it adds isn't the type I like.
    Scourge of Worlds though isn't like that. It's not affecting every single DC cast. When it does though you obviously want to dump a bit more into SS/CS. It gives you a window of opportunity to do more damage, compared to a huge rotational changer. They are similar in their effect but mechanically different.
    Imp Into the Breach was a passive that gave you a little bonus to each imp cast when they died.

Imp Plosion was a button that let you do Massive burst damage all at once.

They were similar in their effect but mechanically different, Our two powers effectively boil down to "Death Coil empowers Scourge strike" while Warlocks were "Imps Explode" and was changed for that reason, yet Our talent was changed to be in this situation from one that actually covered an area in which Unholy is really lacking in since we don't interact with our Disease at all anymore.

Imp Into the Breach was a passive that gave you a little bonus to each imp cast when they died.

Imp Plosion was a button that let you do Massive burst damage all at once.

They were similar in their effect but mechanically different, Our two powers effectively boil down to "Death Coil empowers Scourge strike" while Warlocks were "Imps Explode" and was changed for that reason, yet Our talent was changed to be in this situation from one that actually covered an area in which Unholy is really lacking in since we don't interact with our Disease at all anymore.
    We have a couple talents that interact with it, the dots themselves do aoe damage on explosion, and Epidemic interacts with them hugely. Unholy has plenty of interaction with it, and FW is essentially a disease for all intents and purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems our artifact on kill effect has been added. The mobs go green and flies/insects are circling the corpse.

So why did Death Strike get nerfed? Hasnt dk survivability been gutted enough already? Did it get compensated somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by OzUnOo View Post
    So why did Death Strike get nerfed? Hasnt dk survivability been gutted enough already? Did it get compensated somewhere else?
    Unholy has strong personals and Frost had very high self healing through its artifact traits. A single Death Strike was healing for ~75%+ your hp with 3/3 in it.

We have a couple talents that interact with it, the dots themselves do aoe damage on explosion, and Epidemic interacts with them hugely. Unholy has plenty of interaction with it, and FW is essentially a disease for all intents and purposes.
    Applying a disease is not interacting with it, the only power we really have that interacts with Virulent Plague is Epidemic. Which is great for AOE, but no button we press outside of that actually interacts with our DOT, and yes FW debuff wise is a Disease..but it is still not really a Dot. When I say interaction i mean "A button we press that notices the disease is a thing"

Back in the day Scourge Strike was huge about it, since the shadow damage portion was dependent on our diseases, then in Cata we got Festering Strike which extended our Dot, Now we don't have either of those things. That is why I liked the Original Legion version of Necrosis far more than the current version, it gave death coil a chance to make VP pop.

Applying a disease is not interacting with it, the only power we really have that interacts with Virulent Plague is Epidemic. Which is great for AOE, but no button we press outside of that actually interacts with our DOT, and yes FW debuff wise is a Disease..but it is still not really a Dot. When I say interaction i mean "A button we press that notices the disease is a thing"

Back in the day Scourge Strike was huge about it, since the shadow damage portion was dependent on our diseases, then in Cata we got Festering Strike which extended our Dot, Now we don't have either of those things. That is why I liked the Original Legion version of Necrosis far more than the current version, it gave death coil a chance to make VP pop.
    SS still does that in reguards to FW? It notices it's on there, pops the wound and does more damage. Yes it's different parts but it's essentially the same thing. X thing is on it so it does Y more damage.
    Compared to WoD we didn't lose much disease interaction anyways, considering it's about the same as how WoD's works.

Unholy has strong personals and Frost had very high self healing through its artifact traits. A single Death Strike was healing for ~75%+ your hp with 3/3 in it.
    3/3 in what? Unholy's Death Strike is ridiculously weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    3/3 in what? Unholy's Death Strike is ridiculously weak.
    The second half of that was talking about Frost

Ah, was confused since this is the Unholy thread. I see.