Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Those are bullshit votes. Look at the distribution. The first 2,000 or so were ALL 10/10 which is pretty much impossible.

I predict it will stabilize at around 5.8-6.1 in a month or so.

If it's higher than that then it's likely just crazed fanbois stuffing the ballot box as it is now, coupled with relatively few people actually rating the movie.

I saw it yesterday in Denmark, regular premier stuff for normal ppl so yea it is out!
    It was great and a lot of the audience was in on the "wow jokes" making the experience a bit more special. It's not LOTR level but it beats The Hobbit and Narnia (and i loved those books as well so its not like I'm biased). There is a bit of cheap CGI on some of the crowd moments but the orcs and the magic is AMAZING. Orcs are better than planet of the apes CGI.
    So go enjoy it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Do you need the opening hours in 60 theaters TODAY ?

https://kinepolis.fr/

God man, the movie is running for days in dozens of theaters in France and Denmark.

It is dubbed in French though as I saw it in Roubaix last night. Why do these US/CAN guys think that the internet is theirs ????
    I tend to think that an english speaking site is dominated by countries with English as their primary language. Regardless I'll cede the point that it's open in far more places than I thought (I knew of France only) but it's VERY telling that 60% of the votes are a 10 rating. That's clear cut vote manipulation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Those are the wow nerds votes, what do you expect? There's people still playing wod...

Normal people are going to shit on this pile of trash.
    Such negativity, and we have the anti-video game crowd giving it a 1/10 or 2/10 just because it’s a video game! I don’t give a shit if it’s from a book, video game, cartoon, comic, or w/e. If it’s a well rounded story driven movie, that’s a great start. Don’t jump in the bandwagon just because it’s the trend.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    While i'm no hater of the movie (haven't seen trailers, read or watched interviews or participated in movie threads), the need some fan boys have to defend this movie is highly irritating. It gives the impression that it is worse than advertised and, so, it has to be defended by the fans. This movie is no different than any else. Some will like it, some will hate it. Its success will be definitely be validated from the earnings it will bring, like most relevant movies. I plan to watch it when it premieres in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Those are bullshit votes. Look at the distribution. The first 2,000 or so were ALL 10/10 which is pretty much impossible.

I predict it will stabilize at around 5.8-6.1 in a month or so.

If it's higher than that then it's likely just crazed fanbois stuffing the ballot box as it is now, coupled with relatively few people actually rating the movie.
    There are some awful movies that's being released or over hype that are just terrible, like Star Wars the Force Awakens and Avengers Civil War which both have enormous plot holes, at least this isn't hyping itself up like those two movies so it'll be just an enjoyable romp.

i like how the WoW movie has mages in it

cuse i play a mage

10/10 but where are the dranaei?

-10/10

guess that means i should rate the movie 0/10

but i havnt seen it yet so that gives it +1

1/10 final rating

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    I tend to think that an english speaking site is dominated by countries with English as their primary language. Regardless I'll cede the point that it's open in far more places than I thought (I knew of France only) but it's VERY telling that 60% of the votes are a 10 rating. That's clear cut vote manipulation.
    No what you see here is a PRODUCT supported by a HUGE number of opinion leaders.

Contrary to what people believe opinion leaders are present in the masses not in the media (opinion makers).

The old theory of opinion leaders is still VERY valid in these times (even more so with the present day open communications).

It is the opinion leaders that make a product and contribute to its success, no matter what "official sources" say.

Warcraft the movie - as such - is in full support by a few multi million opinion leaders world wide, that's more than enough to make it a successful movie, even if the "neutral" spectator has no clue about it.

One reason why John Carter of Mars was a failure was because of the lack of wide spread opinion leaders, but every movie - even an average one - with a mass of supporting opinion leaders has a ground basis of success.

BAtman vs Superman got <20% by the "professional critics" but had a revenue of >900 million dollars.

That's the secret.

Resistance is futile in this matter.

You will find that seeing the landscapes alone already is enough to wet your appetite if you ever played Warcraft for a few months/years.

The rest is history.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-27 at 02:09 PM.

Can you hear it? It's blizzard white knights cavalry incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    at least on these forums the white knights have been pretty tame compared to the shit talkers, who've been hammering this since the minute the movie released and awkwardly going quiet the moment someone asks 'have you seen it?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    The problem is that there are millions of us worldwide.

I don't care if it's bad or not, I just need to know if non-fans can follow it. And if it's entertaining enough to make them want to try WoW. I'm treating a lot of my friends to this, already bought tickets to the early showing. I'd hate to have to answer 100 questions for them to just get what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Seeing as 59% of the votes are 10/10, this is heavily biased by wow fans who would vote 10/10 regardless of the quality of the movie. This score is meaningless.
    Could have a multitude of wow haters like the forums are afflicted with

There are threads open about the movie's ratings already. Please keep conversation to those instead of making new ones. Thank you.