View Poll Results: Release classic servers?

Voters
1829. This poll is closed
  • Yes

916 50.08%
  • No!

913 49.92%
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Everything falls apart there, since I never said that. You said that, not me.

In any event, you will love retail WoW. Why go into a retro WoW thread and criticize? It's evident that you don't like to socialize, so Retro WoW is not for you !

You enjoy WoW today, enjoy the single player game you endorse!

We will continue without you, thanks for your comments.

BTW you should, sigh, once again revisit what you said. Silly is what you make of it. Silly to argue against a game that is hated.
    Because legacy servers is a bad idea that will no doubt have a negative impact on live. Seems like a good idea to speak out against it.
    I'm not against being social though, it's just that vanilla was not more social in any way. It just lacked to tools to do certain things we can today.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    It does "help"

If you require other people, both parties are going to add each other and have incentive to talk and meet again in the future for their own benefit.

With LFG (well - it's a mix of LFG and nooby zerg content that requires no teamwork/coordination) you might want to talk to the other people but they simply don't care or need you, so they never reply or care about socializing.

Mix it up with Challenge Modes, all of a sudden everyone in the group is talking - mainly creating strategies (because it's not 5yr old casual proof) and everyone will add each other to b.net afterwards. Mythic dungeons could of been like this, but they are so easily overgeared it digs into the non-lfg socializing requirement.
    Sure, you're not wrong here. Dugeons or any content that offers more challenge is more likely require coordination and I'm all for that.

Not that vanilla content was all that challenging. TBC heroics or Cata heroics, thoes are some good 5 man dungeons that actually was a bit hard or mythic raiding and challenge mode today.

I'd love more of that in the game. Vanilla had nothing like it however.

I would love to play Vanilla once again, however, my answer is no. What happened in the past, should stay in the past as memories and unique experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

Sure, you're not wrong here. Dugeons or any content that offers more challenge is more likely require coordination and I'm all for that.

Not that vanilla content was all that challenging. TBC heroics or Cata heroics, thoes are some good 5 man dungeons that actually was a bit hard or mythic raiding and challenge mode today.

I'd love more of that in the game. Vanilla had nothing like it however.
    Even requiring to talk about CC and marking was baseline more interesting then zerg aoe at least.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Yes, but i would rather see that blizz drastically changed the retail similiar to how it was back in TBC, i.e. challenging dungeons, leveling, gold earning, old talent system etc, and shit like cross realm, lfr, transmog, portals everywhere etc has to go, it completely ruined the server community and the feeling of getting epics.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2016-05-26 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice Necro.

Sorry all the legacy threads are falling off the front page.

Even requiring to talk about CC and marking was baseline more interesting then zerg aoe at least.
    Yeah that was great in early TBC and Cata.
    But just like now, once you had a bit of gear you just zerged back then as well.

Legions mythic + was going to fix this but with changing talents for one of thoes dungeons costing tens of thousands of gold that idea is pretty much dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Yes, but i would rather see that blizz drastically changed the retail similiar to how it was back in TBC, i.e. challenging dungeons, leveling, gold earning, old talent system etc, and shit like cross realm, lfr, transmog, portals everywhere etc has to go, it completely ruined the server community and the feeling of getting epics.
    Lost faith in the argument when spoke of transmog being negative,there was already a thread and almost everyone like transmog.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-05-27 at 12:39 PM.

As someone that played Vanilla - I would not partake in a legacy server for any expansions. I do not see the point. Why can't we just leave things to be great memories and continue to move forward?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxandrolone View Post
    Why can't we just leave things to be great memories and continue to move forward?
    paid for vanilla. should be able to play vanilla if i want.
    apply same logic for all other expansions.
    Hi

wheres the i don't care as it doesn't affect me or not sure ifts a good idea options?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Lost faith in the argument when spoke of transmog being negative,there was already a thread and almost everyone like transmog.
    Transmog is shit, sure, before transmog your character looked like shit alot of the time, but because of that you became so much happier when you finally got that good looking piece of gear, so it ruined alot of the feeling of getting new gear.
    I also HATE not being able to see what gear another player have without having to inspect them, before transmog you just had to take a quick look at another player to know if it was a pvp or pve player, if the gear was good or not etc.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2016-05-27 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But just like now, once you had a bit of gear you just zerged back then as well.

Legions mythic + was going to fix this but with changing talents for one of thoes dungeons costing tens of thousands of gold that idea is pretty much dead now.
    That's not entirely true for the average player tho.

It was incredibly hard to get geared and it wasn't fast.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    And you think back then it wasn't an aoe zerg when you had gear? People don't realize it mostly because there wasn't much reason to go back to 5mans when you had good gear. Up until badges were introduced.

business wise, seems painful to run different environments from hardware to software and support. Gameplay wise, I got sick of raiding MC and farming/crafting fire resists and mats for fire resists potions then trying to gear 40 people with so few gear routes. No idea how people stuck with it and as for PVP, think I got to knight level before that grind got unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Transmog is shit, sure, before transmog your character looked like shit alot of the time, but because of that you became so much happier when you finally got that good looking piece of gear, so it ruined alot of the feeling of getting new gear.
    I also HATE not being able to see what gear another player have without having to inspect them, before transmog you just had to take a quick look at another player to know if it was a pvp or pve player, if the gear was good or not etc.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nsmog-from-WoW

Your opinion =/= true.There is a thread of this already im not going to repeat it.

Personally, I don't see a downside to it. If it was my company, your devoted customer base is what is left, those that have accepted and like the changes in WoW today. They won't bring back their original subscription player base with a new expansion, they've already destroyed their reputation. I would bring back Vanilla servers, get those people that left addicted again then started implementing some of the concepts and gameplay they enjoyed from Vanilla in current retail. They could make changes in Legion that might appeal to the crowd that quit, but that's a huge gamble to risk losing your only player base left in the game. But this is my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    paid for vanilla. should be able to play vanilla if i want.
    apply same logic for all other expansions.
    you paid for the ability to use blizzards servers if they so allowed you to use it

nothing more, nothing less

Quote Originally Posted by oxandrolone View Post
    As someone that played Vanilla - I would not partake in a legacy server for any expansions. I do not see the point. Why can't we just leave things to be great memories and continue to move forward?
    There are many that do not like where the game has gone after Cataclysm and thus since left. Having a legacy server would appeal to players that are not necessarily playing currently, thus bringing in additional revenue to Blizzard.

If legacy servers come out, which I am in support of, I would want it to be done without losing resources that would be normally given to the current state of the game. I started playing WoW in 2005. I leveled and played more characters during Vanilla to Wrath period than I have done since the Cataclysm remake.

Not everyone experienced the game prior to Cataclysm, so not everyone has those "memories". There would likely be many that did try it for themselves and see just how it was like to play the game prior to the features it has today. Some may like, some may not, but given the game today and the original game, they are completely separate experiences.

how about cata servers? i also liked wotlk 3.3.5 and early mop. and no, they arent the same, they were also completed changed - talents, mechanics, items. if you want vnailla i want that too. oh and ofc all of tbc. also i want it all on a single character so i can access it all at once. someone find a TBC, Wotlk, Cata and MoP dev who is now designing app games and make a petition! #maketbcwotlkcatamopgreatagain #youthinkudobutudont

That's not entirely true for the average player tho.

It was incredibly hard to get geared and it wasn't fast.
    It was not hard. It was slow, I'll give you that but it was not hard.

What TBC lacked was a catch up system though so if you came into the game late in the expantion you wern't going anywhere near the end game but that also help drive away a lot of people.
    Thats the rason catch up mechanics are in the game.

Now, I've always played at a high level so these systems never affected med at all but I can see how it was bad for the casuals that never got to see most of the content. It wasn't becase of difficulty though, it was becase no one was intrested in doing the old stuff, just like now.