10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After this weekend we can make rough predictions for the markets the film has opened in. Two of the biggest factors, the US and China, won't get the movie for another couple weeks though so the real test is that week. It looks to be doing alright in Europe though.
    Pretty much. For once, I agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm not saying that isn't possible. But is the movies real saving grace waiting for an extended DVD? Thats what we are now hoping for?
    Nightmare scenario would be it not doing well in China. While China is going to get a strong opening, next week will be crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    Still, all of them participated in the first meeting with Bilbo, and were given just enough character, so that viewers cared when some of them died, or were almost roasted alive by the ogres.The only characters i trully cared about in the Warcraft movie were Durotan and Orgrimm.So there is clearly something missing.
    The other characters had plenty of character. The beginning is pretty quick with the introductions, but they are fleshed out later in the second act.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Tons of questions at this point, but the one thing we know is it's not looking good for the film in the US currently.
    Hope was that word of mouth will help it in US. Predictions are already down from original estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The other characters had plenty of character. The beginning is pretty quick with the introductions, but they are fleshed out later in the second act.
    The important thing is that before the film ends the characters are fleshed out

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Hope was that word of mouth will help it in US. Predictions are already down from original estimate.
    Where are the predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Where are the predictions?
    http://variety.com/2016/film/news/bo...me-1201783331/

The amount of bad rap it's getting is starting to pile up. My expectations has been lowered quite a bit the past few days. Still way too curious to skip it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    The amount of bad rap it's getting is starting to pile up. My expectations has been lowered quite a bit the past few days. Still way too curious to skip it though.
    dont get you all, nearly every fan who saw the movie said it was not the greatest movie ever but they had fun.
    what were you expecting? first movie of a game winning oscars?
    i repeat nearly every single person as a fan and some who didnt know warcraft are telling us in forum, twitter and in person that the movie is fun.
    I dont get the doomsday mood
    Last edited by mmoc7530589043; 2016-05-27 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delina View Post
    dont get you all, nearly every fan who saw the movie said it was not the greatest movie ever but they had fun.
    what were your expecting? first movie of a game winning oscars?
    i repeat nearly every single person as a fan and some who didnt know warcraft are telling us in forum, twitter and in person that the movie is fun.
    I dont get the doomsday mood
    Because RT critic reviews really matter :P

I'll go watch Sharknado instead since it has a higher rating...

Nightmare scenario would be it not doing well in China. While China is going to get a strong opening, next week will be crucial.
    True and China ATM is in a weird spot. Had Legendary not been sold to the wanda group, China movie ticket revenue would have been lower than say US per movie ticket sold. It's just the way it works internationally but now that the wanda group owns legendary and are china based they have a much larger chance at retaining more money. It could throw predictions off in some ways. It has the potential to increase their profit as well, given just how big a movie market china is and their love for warcraft. Sadly thats just one market though. Other than China which we knew the movie woudl sell high in, this movie is all over the place every where else.

Okay so "someone" here stated demons wasn't mentioned at all in the movie...

Thats a lie. Demons are being mentioned many times. While the burning legion isn't mentioned or its relation to it, you really get the feeling that when demons do get mentioned, the humans have zero idea what they are. All they know is that they are connected to fel, which is described as very dark magic. Its almost like taboo to mention fel in Azeroth. That's why the humans take into action when they find out these invaders are using it

If anyone got questions, just ask me or someone else who has seen the movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be watching the movie in about an hour. Will tell you what I thought about it once I get back home.

Warcraft had the biggest opening day of the year in Germany with 160 000 viewers and 1.9 million euros made.
    Expectations for the whole weekend are 750 000 viewers and 8.5 million euros

http://www.mediabiz.de/film/news/kin...ieg-bop/407468

Been listening to the samples of the sountrack...all really soft and not epic (aside from Gul'dan's), hopefully the rest of the songs are more explosive and dynamic in the movie. 5th June cannot come soon enough.

Though it's really sad and underwhelming,that out of all the Warcraft soundtracks, hours of epic music, they made Ramin come with something new...because they paid him already and why not...

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Been listening to the samples of the sountrack...all really soft and not epic (aside from Gul'dan's), hopefully the rest of the songs are more explosive and dynamic in the movie. 5th June cannot come soon enough.

Though it's really sad and underwhelming,that out of all the Warcraft soundtracks, hours of epic music, they made Ramin come with something new...because they paid him already and why not...
    You need soundtracks to fit the movie specifically, most warcraft soundtracks are just general mood music.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

All the music in the movie really fit their scenes. Not all music needs to be epic all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDi View Post
    Warcraft had the biggest opening day of the year in Germany with 160 000 viewers and 1.9 million euros made.
    Expectations for the whole weekend are 750 000 viewers and 8.5 million euros

http://www.mediabiz.de/film/news/kin...ieg-bop/407468
    That's fantastic news.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Because RT critic reviews really matter :P

I'll go watch Sharknado instead since it has a higher rating...
    You keep mocking it but when you have 15 movies being released every month and you have little understanding of franchise, you are not just going watch every movie because you believe only you can judge it. How many here watched BvS after it was thoroughly trashed and they were not "looking for it" in first place? It is a luxury you can afford.

You keep mocking it but when you have 15 movies being released every month and you have little understanding of franchise, you are not just going watch every movie because you believe only you can judge it. How many here watched BvS after it was thoroughly trashed and they were not "looking for it" in first place? It is a luxury you can afford.
    Well it made quite a lot of money, despite pretty bad reviews and mixed-negative word of mouth. All but a few movies coming later down the line would kill for 800 million+ dollars.