Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Bm is "fine" with 3 very small changes.
    1 Remove that stupid piece of shit debuff when pet dies.
    2 Add one additional rotational ability to make the spec not feel dead for several seconds.
    3 Add 1 more charge to dire beast/frenzy. So stupid when it procs 1 second before or after the cd is up.

Rest of the "problems" are actually sorted with higher levels of haste that you get with better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    2 Add one additional rotational ability to make the spec not feel dead for several seconds.
    3 Add 1 more charge to dire beast/frenzy. So stupid when it procs 1 second before or after the cd is up.

Rest of the "problems" are actually sorted with higher levels of haste that you get with better gear.
    I don't object to your proposed changes at all, they would fix a lot of the problems imo, but I think a spec needs to function from the start, not just when they get gear. Having another spec suffering from the fire/fury effect is not a good thing. Additionally, are we really sure that's going to happen? Secondaries aren't going to be increasing exponentially anymore. We have a higher base focus regen, but is haste affecting its regen any differently? Starting gear has a pretty good chunk of the amount of haste we're going to end up with at the end of the expansion if the devs stick to what they've stated they plan.

Change the Mastery to have something to do with direbeast! To get more procs or something. Just making our pets hit harder is boring! Have pet damage scale off agility or something =D

I'm pretty sold on BM and it would be nice if
    1) Hati didn't have a 2min CD.
    2) Dire Beast/Frenzy stored charges up to 2 or 3 like rogue anticipation
    3) Way of the Cobra also interacting with Dire Frenzy (e.g 10% more Cobra Shot damage during Dire Frenzy)
    4) Focus costs reduction baked into Bestial Wrath duration (not item dependant etc)

On point 4, this would have more synergy with Cobra Shot, Kill Command and talents like Killer Cobra + Way of the Cobra
    Last edited by Bladeweaver; 2016-05-27 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Oh no i like the look of the artefact skin, i must be a casual who loves simple gameplay.

I haven't chosen any spec for legion yet, of course i'd love BM to not be as simple as it is but i'm realistic enough to know at this point it isn't going to get any big changes.

Don't pretend like you know me man, i've been around since Hunters had focus the first time around.
    Regardless of whether or not it's true for you, what he's saying does hold ground. Super simple specs for simple/casual people. I've been around since Vanilla, and I'm also starting to feel like this game is no longer for me.

See you in 3 months, if you're looking at afflic and balance you aren't going to find the complicated gameplay you are after, nearly every spec is dumbed down in legion.
    Really don't see how this is an argument AGAINST anything he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    I'm pretty sold on BM and it would be nice if
    1) Hati didn't have a 2min CD.
    2) Dire Beast/Frenzy stored charges up to 2 or 3 like rogue anticipation
    3) Way of the Cobra also interacting with Dire Frenzy (e.g 10% more Cobra Shot damage durning Dire Frenzy)
    4) Focus costs reduction baked into Bestial Wrath duration (not item dependant etc)

On point 4, this would have more synergy with Cobra Shot, Kill Command and talents like Killer Cobra + Way of the Cobra
    So what you're saying is you'd like BM if it had decent depth, rather than no depth whatsoever?

Consequently, I'd be sold on [insert shitty game's name here] if it was a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moppywow View Post
    Change the Mastery to have something to do with direbeast! To get more procs or something. Just making our pets hit harder is boring! Have pet damage scale off agility or something =D
    Dire Beast already scales off both Haste and Crit. I don't think it needs to scale off anything else.

BM really just needs Chimaera baseline and some QoL changes with Hati/pet toughness. I think the rotation is fine with Chim Shot. It's simplistic and easy, sure, but it's not terribly clunky like MM at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    So what you're saying is you'd like BM if it had decent depth, rather than no depth whatsoever?
    I'll play the spec in it's current form regardless but the additional depth would be greatly appreciated and allow for different flavours within the BM spec.

Hati going on CD for 2 mins when killed doesn't make sense. Having to cast revive would have been enough to make it sting a little and no other artifact runs the risk of their core ability shut out for so long. Alternatively the signature benefit should just affect your main pet passively or give it an active ability.

Losing Dire Beast procs is kinda sad, it's like getting a Thrill of the Hunt proc with only 1 charge that gets overwritten.

Way of the Cobra affecting Dire Frenzy caters to both hunters who want Dire Beasts or prefer Dire Frenzy.
    Cobra Shot is expensive to use and would be more engaging as a focus dump that works symbiotically with Dire Beast/Frenzy and Kill Command. It would also play well with a focus reducing BW, making BW thrilling to use by speeding up the number of ability interactions in it's duration.

As it is, less than half the focus reduction during BW can only be done through a legendary item which is (if am not wrong) disabled in PvP.

Just picked up the "hidden" artifact appearance, BM is almost worth rolling just for that skin.
    Kinda funny I was going to go with BM for the gun looks as a gnome using a bow seemed silly but the "hidden" appearance is totally a great gnome bow look PEW PEW PEW PEW.

Thing is, hunters have been asking for these changes since BM dropped into alpha. Not only have none of these changes been implemented, but BM hasn't been iterated on AT ALL from a mechanics/gameplay perspective through the whole damn process. I've lost any hope that the devs plan to change a thing at this point. I mean FFS, apparently Legion pets still have scaling fail and Hati still defaults to assist or frequently derps at your side without a specific /pet attack command. Given these issues have been around from the off, and we've had near radio silence from the devs, I have no faith that it'll get fixed by release.

And this is coming from someone who was one of the more optimistic peeps in room through much of the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    Thing is, hunters have been asking for these changes since BM dropped into alpha. Not only have none of these changes been implemented, but BM hasn't been iterated on AT ALL from a mechanics/gameplay perspective through the whole damn process. I've lost any hope that the devs plan to change a thing at this point. I mean FFS, apparently Legion pets still have scaling fail and Hati still defaults to assist or frequently derps at your side without a specific /pet attack command. Given these issues have been around from the off, and we've had near radio silence from the devs, I have no faith that it'll get fixed by release.

And this is coming from someone who was one of the more optimistic peeps in room through much of the alpha.
    Another build with no new BM changes seems like it's sealed our fate. They're going to have to have the pre-patch up on the PTR in the next week, possibly two max, if they're going to get their normal amount of testing in before it releases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Dire Beast already scales off both Haste and Crit. I don't think it needs to scale off anything else.

BM really just needs Chimaera baseline and some QoL changes with Hati/pet toughness. I think the rotation is fine with Chim Shot. It's simplistic and easy, sure, but it's not terribly clunky like MM at least.
    idk mate but mm is absolutely not terribly clunky. or what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Regardless of whether or not it's true for you, what he's saying does hold ground. Super simple specs for simple/casual people. I've been around since Vanilla, and I'm also starting to feel like this game is no longer for me.
    I feel the same way, this is the first time that I am not excited about the new changes to the Hunter class and worst I feel they ruined the class.
    Many Hunter players are rerolling cuz its supershit right now.

Deleted
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/130240-i...ce-of-prophecy

Equip: Your pet enrages when fighting creatures of the same family, increasing its damage by 50% for 15 sec.
    Could they possibly have come up with anything more useless ?

Don't challenge them! o.0

7+ Year Old Account

Hope you all have a nice diverse stable to chose from.

We had some "Beast" bosses in Throne of Thunder tho And we have a scorpion in Suramar Palace They onto something I am telling you

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Through some tests, I believe BM could be smooth if you prioritize Crit and Haste about equally. Mastery is still good, but if you can't regen focus enough, or use Dire Beast often, what good is increased pet damage then I wonder?

On a side note, there's a distinct lack of dungeon videos being produced by Beast Mastery.
    I've started archiving some of these over on this page, and while there's obviously not a lot because beta/alpha, it's quite clear the majority so far are recording marksmanship and survival. So if anyone has any footage of BM in normal/heroic/mythic/mythic+, I'd encourage you to push those through to youtube as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Preach's video been posted yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Has Preach's video been posted yet?

So depressing watching this. I've always hated MM, and there's no way I'm playing an SV hunter with it being melee now. That leaves me with BM or find another main. That's incredibly disappointing to me for legion considering my hunter has been my main for 9 years....
    Last edited by ejpaints; 2016-05-30 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added melee on SV for clarification