Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Some people feel that getting tier gear in LFR lessens the reward of tier gear from harder raid modes. They're not totally wrong either, Blizz just have to decide if it's worth reducing the sense of reward for those people to give a greater reward to LFR players. It's not a situation with an obviously "correct" answer, whichever way Blizz swings with it some people are going to end up with a less satisfying experience.
    That is a good point, no denying it really. I just feel putting them some what on par with normal raiders, but with a drastically reduced item level makes a bit more sense. Afterall, no matter the set bonus, item level will be the biggest boost in power across the board, I guess that's Blizzards train of thought and why they've U-turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    This is fantastic news! Now they just need to make LFR into 5-man content and we're in business
    Right after raids get removed
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Some people feel that getting tier gear in LFR lessens the reward of tier gear from harder raid modes. They're not totally wrong either, Blizz just have to decide if it's worth reducing the sense of reward for those people to give a greater reward to LFR players. It's not a situation with an obviously "correct" answer, whichever way Blizz swings with it some people are going to end up with a less satisfying experience.
    If those people get a less satisfying experience that's there own fault.

Blizzard should not try to please that group by punishing another. I don't get a less satisfying experience doing LFR then NM or just LFR. My enjoyment in WoW isn't based around what others do.

If someones panties get tied in a knot because someone got lesser gear then them they should seek help.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Good thing. LFR is underrated and it's a real challenge. Glad to get the rewards we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    People in LFR cant handle difficulty, thats why they do LFR.
    They have no time for raiding, or no group, or other excuses, but they still want to see the whole content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    They have no time for raiding, or no group, or other excuses, but they still want to see the whole content.
    Just keep saying that so you dont feel bad about yourself.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    this is completely unnecessary, since WoW is designed in a way that you only need a small amount of new gear once you hit max level to be capable of tackling all the open world content that expansion will ever have and so the casual crowd that goes in for LFR doesn't need set bonuses for any sort of logistical purpose... but more important than whether or not it's necessary, it's FUN and encouraging for LFR players to have something to work towards.
    so, i consider this a tremendous positive.

i only hope now that they make the LFR sets unique to themselves - make the set bonus the same but only work with other LFR items, and not work with normal+ items, so that the raiders will shut the ungodly fuck up about "needing" to do LFR for set bonuses.
    This is exactly what killed my reasons to play WoD. If I want to do anything close to raiding, I have to do LFR. Well, with the vastly lower quality that it is in WoD, it's not even worth it anymore. However, a very strict set of LFR tier gear, with a unique look and exclusive set bonuses, I agree with Malkiah.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Good thing mythic gear exists and looks different from regular tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If those people get a less satisfying experience that's there own fault.

Blizzard should not try to please that group by punishing another. I don't get a less satisfying experience doing LFR then NM or just LFR. My enjoyment in WoW isn't based around what others do.

If someones panties get tied in a knot because someone got lesser gear then them they should seek help.
    A similar thing can be said about LFR players not needing the tier pieces.

A similar thing can be said about LFR players not needing the tier pieces.
    And how well did that work out in WOD?

Treat your playerbase like second class citizens and they won't stay around.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

All of the people that want to raid for hours and hours, wiping over and over again, slowly progressing through the raid for months and months just boggle my mind. They say they like the challenge. If they want a challenge go learn a skill that will benefit many people in your life. I love LFR with a passion. Sure, sometimes you get awful players, but for the most part it makes the game so much more enjoyable. I don't have time to spend playing in a raid four times a week for hours upon hours. I like seeing the sun, and I enjoy times with my family. I can pop into an LFR, be done in an hour and I'm good to go. Now with the tier gear, I'm so happy! Great job Blizzard!

I can honestly say that the shitty LFR gear rewards are the main reason why I didn't bother with LFR in WoD. So, them returning Tier gear to Legion LFR means I'll be doing it a lot more than I am now.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

No idea, I don't have the participation numbers to hand. From your question I'm guessing there's a lower percentage participated in WoW's LFR?

Giving a lower rating of loot for performing a lower difficulty of content is hardly treating you like a lower class of person. It isn't much of a stretch to use your argument to demand an equal ilvl for all difficulties and I think you'll agree that would be a mistake.

It's not a simple right-and-wrong situation. Giving better gear in LFR makes it a more rewarding experience, but it decreases the relative value of gear in other difficulties, making those a less rewarding experience. Exactly how it affects people's enjoyment is up to the individual, there's normal+ raiders who are happy with just a token ilvl difference, and there are LFRaiders who don't care about tier as long as they get something that marks their progress. Blizz have to find some sort of middle ground, but inevitably someone will be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, i'll actually have a reason to run LFR continuously again.
    I did it constantly in MoP and DS but only did it like once for each raid in WoD since the gear looked like and was crap lol.
    LFR/Flex was endgame raiding for me in MoP since I didn't have the time to do higher tiers due to school and irl issues. I could deal since I at least got something of value out of it, in WoD the only content I did besides for Rp was PvP and dailies. Not to mention it was pretty raid or die so that content just got boring after awhile. It didn't surprise me to see subs going down due to the changes. Tbh I probably would have unsubbed sooner if it wasnt for the fact I had a lot of Rp stuff going on.
    Last edited by Faylinn; 2016-05-27 at 05:38 PM.

i don't mind set gear in lfr, but last wing of soo heroic with 1 lfr piece just to activate the set bonus felt really weird..

i kinda liked when lfr had set bonuses that were different, because when the regular tier 4set is op as hecky and you never get that fourth piece to drop and it takes a month of lfr to even get that version. eh. bad feeling

either way, lfr is ultimately painless like the second week a wing is unlocked because then everyone knows what to do and that is it. if you don't like it, don't go there

Jesus christ... could they at least make the LFR tier have their own set bonuses or not activate the N/H/M tier bonuses? I'd hate to feel forced to go get them just to get the set bonuses.

Deleted
    good news. i might even make a return on my resto shammy.
    good news indeed!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    Jesus christ... could they at least make the LFR tier have their own set bonuses or not activate the N/H/M tier bonuses? I'd hate to feel forced to go get them just to get the set bonuses.
    Nobody forces you or anyone else to run LFR.. why is that so hard to understand?

If you look down on LFR, if you think it's pathetic, shit, crap whatever just DON'T GO. Leave it for the people that can't or don't want to commit to a raid schedule and let them have their fun. People that raid heroic/mythic thinking they HAVE to go is their problem.

LFR doesn't do anything negative to anyone unless you let it, but then it's you whos at fault not lfr. MoP LFR was just fine and I'm glad it's back.

No idea, I don't have the participation numbers to hand. From your question I'm guessing there's a lower percentage participated in WoW's LFR?

Giving a lower rating of loot for performing a lower difficulty of content is hardly treating you like a lower class of person. It isn't much of a stretch to use your argument to demand an equal ilvl for all difficulties and I think you'll agree that would be a mistake
    We don't have exact numbers, but take the much-hated addition of VPs to LfR and not to the other difficulties, so Blizz wanted to push people into LfR, one obvious reason for that was that queue times were getting too long due to better rewards being available elsewhere, i personally stopped running the place when i had my legendary ring, by the time i managed that i had ilevel 695 items in most of my gear slots... (I had a 695 weapon the day 6.2 hit due to stockpiling Apexis crystals beforehand!)

Again speaking for myself, the "Second class citizen"-feeling didn't so much stem from LfR gear being lower itemlevel, it came from Blizz fixing spec problems with set bonuses and trinkets that weren't available in LfR, and that felt lame, being stuck with inferior gameplay (I play arms spec, tier + trinket add a much-needed proc) just because i don't raid normal+