Thread: Gtx 1080

Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Interesting read for some of you still on the fence about AMD. Nothing to read as far as the actual product.. but seems as though AMD may be going through some tough changes.

http://hardocp.com/article/2016/05/2...y#.V0hzySxrgdU

Thought you guys might be interested in this.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Interesting read for some of you still on the fence about AMD. Nothing to read as far as the actual product.. but seems as though AMD may be going through some tough changes.

You know, at the start of the article, they clearly state, they have no real info. It sounds more like they are bitter about the fact they were not invited to Macau and are just saying negative things because of that.

Like I said in the other thread, it's hard to feel sympathy for hardocp's whine about how they're not invited when their entire article has barely a sentence at all based in anything but wild speculation, and using that speculation to slam the company in weird and ridiculous ways.

The guy shittalks how it was "AMD's plan all along!", but that's... we knew that eons ago. What the fuck is this guy on?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, it's hard to feel sympathy for hardocp's whine about how they're not invited when their entire article has barely a sentence at all based in anything but wild speculation, and using that speculation to slam the company in weird and ridiculous ways.

The guy shittalks how it was "AMD's plan all along!", but that's... we knew that eons ago. What the fuck is this guy on?
    I'm inclined to agree with you. Seems as though the editor has gotten a little out there lately.. Been reading the site for years and love their reviews. But lately anytime they have an "opinion" on something I tend to ignore it. However, I did find some of the points in the article interesting.

Moving on.. That 4k Doom video is impressive imo. I only run 1080.. but wouldn't argue with the option lol.

Already being discussed in the AMD Thread and has nothing to do with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GTX 1080 cards are showing up on komplett.no at least, and it includes a few partners' cards. See here.

Specifically, we have Asus, MSI and EVGA cards showing up on the list.
    The EVGA card looks beefcake. Gigabyte better step up.

The ASUS one looks like one of the previous Zotac non-reference cards (forgot what they're called).
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    So where are the people now that said FE's would be the zero-rating for price?

Herpaderp.

EVGA's custom ones have 2x8pin btw, in case you want moar powah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, looks like a slightly cut down Lightning card, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The EVGA card looks beefcake. Gigabyte better step up.
    From JayzTwoCents' video, it seems EVGA's card is just a cooler upgrade on a reference board. I'd suggest keeping an eye on other brands if you want more power to feed into the card, like MSI that ups it from the 8 pin to 8+6 pin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post

Herpaderp.

Are we looking at the same thing? In Norway the cheapest card is EVGA's card, but both the other card are either splitting hairs or more expensive than the FE one so far.

Herpaderp.

I havn't seen any US prices yet, so I'm not holding my breath. I don't know the cost of the FE in the other countries that we have seen third party pricing for.

Another glance at the komplett link of the EVGA card suggests it's a custom PCB on that one. Not sure if it's true or not, who the fuck knows if it's a photoshopped pic or real deal. But it doesn't have the 'nVidia' marking at the PCIe on the bottom of the picture.

10+ Year Old Account

Herpaderp.

Well, don't know about you, but I don't see any MSRP cards. Going off by mindfactory. The only ones of note are EVGA, but they've always been that way. They're essentially Nvidia's buddy through and through and always able to price lower. They're not the best coolers but they're not garbage either. Asus Strix going off the mindfactory one is 10euros more than the founder's. Now, last I remember GTX 970/980 when it was released, the Strix was only about $20-30 more than MSRP, not sure how much more that translated in euro really but you get the idea, however now this is 10 euros more than the already inflated price. The ones that are lower price are exactly what we imagined, crappy cards. The noted MSI Aero, crappy Palit / Zotac cards, Palit and Zotac have the ability to make good coolers, but they're very near founder's price.

10+ Year Old Account

there is a reference card from EVGA for $609 and another custom for ~$629 IIRC

in case some ppl are blind

the good custom AIBs with beefy power and cooling go for ~$640-680

nVidia GTX 1080 FE £619.99
    Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/...1080_roundup/1

- Zotac GTX 1080 FE £635.99
    - EVGA GTX 1080 FE £635.99
    - ASUS GTX 1080 FE £649.99
    - Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE £635.99
    - Plait GTX 1080 FE £619.99
    - OcUK GTX 1080 FE £619.99
    - KFA2 GTX 1080 FE £619.99
    - Gainward GTX 1080 FE £619.99
    - Inno3D GTX 1080 FE £619.99
    - MSI GTX 1080 FE £635.99

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/...ble_to_order/1
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2016-05-27 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    there is a reference card from EVGA for $609 and another custom for ~$629 IIRC

in case some ppl are blind

the good custom AIBs with beefy power and cooling go for ~$640-680
    Link please?

Why do you always do that? Either post info with no source or post a link and say nothing at all?

cause Im too lazy to search and post a bunch of links

feel free to not believe me, idc