Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Returning player, I need to know how to make gold quickly

Hey guys, I stopped playing right around the time when Pandaria came out and did not play warlords at all until last week when I got a seven day trial. Of course now I'm hooked again, and I would love to know how I can go about making 50,000 gold in 30 days so I can get tokens. I have several level 80+ characters and have maxed out professions in mining, herbalism and skinning. What should I do? I would love to be able to get tokens every month so I can keep playing. I got a feral Druid to level 91 and my garrison is all level 1 right now if that helps. I'll have to sub for one month as I don't have enough to buy a token right now but I want to be able to play only using tokens if that's possible.

Thanks!

the best thing to make money is to have many lvl 100 alts and do the garrisson missions, but now will take a lot to have all followers with trasure hunter and 3 with ilvl 675 and mrore 7 with ilvl 651 to the best rewards, it isnot worth.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy a token and sell it on the Ah.

Or, if your time is worth less than your money, you can just roll a bunch of L100 alts with garrisons. Better hurry though. The gold income of garrisons is going away at Legion pre-patch. Which should be about a month or so away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Buy a token and sell it on the Ah.

Or, if your time is worth less than your money, you can just roll a bunch of L100 alts with garrisons. Better hurry though. The gold income of garrisons is going away at Legion pre-patch. Which should be about a month or so away.
    So buy a token with cash so he can turn around and sell it to buy a token with gold, brilliant. Why pay 12 to 15 dollars for a month when you can add in a bunch of extra steps and pay 20!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Solo cata 25man heroics.

Just made abit over 7k this week doing it on my DK. You can clear 8k if you get the drops that vendor higher.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My suggestion for you this late into the xpac is to level up characters to 100, get full pvp gear and then solo old raids. The best ones to run are 25heroic firelands/bastion of twilight/blackwing descent/dragon soul and you can throw in TOGC 25 for a small amount of quick gold. You won't be able to set up a garrison in time for it to be profitable with the little bit of time left until prepatch.
    Shadow Priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aikus/advanced
    Divine Council, my guild that is always looking for more exceptional players.

If you have a decent level 100 tank, and lots of free time, there's always this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_8PjYMvBc

Doesn't require the AH much, and is pretty guaranteed and easily repeatable.

I'll agree though that the Heroic 25 man Cata raids are a fantastic place to farm gold... Only downside is that they can only be done once a week per character.

Get characters to 100 first of all. Solo Cata 25-man Heroic raids. Professions aren't going to be as lucrative at this point in the expansion.

At this point, Garrisons are probably going to be too expensive/time consuming to set up for gold-making. We probably only have 1-2 months before gold missions are gone, so beyond setting up a trading post for gold bags, I wouldn't invest too much into your garrisons now.

Another thing you can do is download the add-on HandyNotes and HandyNotes Draenor Treasures. Many of the treasures sell for a decent amount of gold, and they provide exp to help you level faster.

Edit: Also, if you tank or heal, you can do LFR wings when your role has the satchel bonus- you get 150g for the wing and 500+g from the satchel, along with gear tokens for alts. Especially in BRF and the first couple wings of HFC, it's really rare to have your LFR group fail anymore (at least in my experience).
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2016-05-26 at 08:32 PM.

Dont bother setting up garrisons, not worth the time/gold investment at this point.
    Cata herbs/ore go for some insane prices on some realms (stockpiles used up, still demand for mounts/treasure pots etc) so might be worth looking into that.
    Volatile water might also be worth farming.
    Just check your cata herbs, cata ore (especially Pyrite) and volatile water prices on your ah, see what has value.
    With serverhop or any add-on like it you can quickly make alot of gold, if you get it to sell..

Deleted
    I'll tell you by far the best way, without real money and without guild support. Play the auction house. The problem is that's a whole book of information because it involves, buying correctly, selling correctly and automating correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    the best thing to make money is to have many lvl 100 alts and do the garrisson missions, but now will take a lot to have all followers with trasure hunter and 3 with ilvl 675 and mrore 7 with ilvl 651 to the best rewards, it isnot worth.
    Long-term that would have been, but it has quite a buildup requirement due to the weekly recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    My suggestion for you this late into the xpac is to level up characters to 100, get full pvp gear and then solo old raids. The best ones to run are 25heroic firelands/bastion of twilight/blackwing descent/dragon soul and you can throw in TOGC 25 for a small amount of quick gold. You won't be able to set up a garrison in time for it to be profitable with the little bit of time left until prepatch.
    Plus this is more sustainable.
    Transmog changes upcoming "could" make some BoE's more desirable, though it is possible their availability will increase as a result of others hopping onto the new market.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I'll tell you by far the best way, without real money and without guild support. Play the auction house. The problem is that's a whole book of information because it involves, buying correctly, selling correctly and automating correctly.
    lol. He just returned, has played no MoP, nor WoD till recently. He probably has no funds, so he can't flip stuff even if he knew how, no professions that he can use to sell stuff. Retarded advice.

To OP: Cata raids, mate, like everyone suggested. You don't have enough time to build garrison, professions, research markets (which will be rapidly declining and you won't be able to compete anyway with the product costs of a levelled profession) and play the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    lol. Retarded advice.
    Before going on a tantrum of personal attacks please have an argument. He asked for the best method and we have not his full resume, he may be very technically savvy which is what is mainly needed to play the auction house. Without any character to support something like raid-spot-selling or a guild to carry through that, and without time to garrison-farm enough, flipping on the auction house is by far the best solution if it's done optimally.

7+ Year Old Account
    In 30 days... you may be late for many tactics. The "level more first" or "set up Garrisons" tips probably won't work well.

Would you rather farm with high RNG, high reward? Or consistent but slower progression? (Many links in tips below)

Good examples of high RNG: raid pets (you can set in for a transmog grind, in AQ particularly), dice toys, whelpling pets, transmog ("platekini" sets in particular--lofty, jade plate), cross realm shenanigans

Consistent rewards: felblight (at least hit the world boss Supreme Lord Kazzak weekly, groups in Group Finder > Custom), savage blood, vendor farm raids (Cata 25, WoTLK, MoP on masterloot with transmog hunters "all pets reserved"), Potion of Treasure Finding in Cata farming, Potion of Luck in MoP farming (raptor pets on boat near Isle of Giants, Firewalker Ruins on Timeless Isle to vendor, dinosaur bones on Isle of Giants for others to get the mount)
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-05-27 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added dino bones
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Thanks for the info. My goal is to play the game for free and it doesn't look I'll be able to do that right now. I was prepared to sub for a month to be able to farm stuff but now it doesn't see like I'll have enough time to make the amount of gold I'd need to buy tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    lol. He just returned, has played no MoP, nor WoD till recently. He probably has no funds, so he can't flip stuff even if he knew how, no professions that he can use to sell stuff. Retarded advice.

To OP: Cata raids, mate, like everyone suggested. You don't have enough time to build garrison, professions, research markets (which will be rapidly declining and you won't be able to compete anyway with the product costs of a levelled profession) and play the AH.
    People have done 1silver to token in a month challenges via the AH, so saying "he has no funds" is kinda silly.

And flipping is the same it was in Cata, just learning new items and add ons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kanezfan View Post
    Thanks for the info. My goal is to play the game for free and it doesn't look I'll be able to do that right now. I was prepared to sub for a month to be able to farm stuff but now it doesn't see like I'll have enough time to make the amount of gold I'd need to buy tokens.
    As someone pointed out, you'll get 7-8k per week per toon by doing cata 25m heroics, which should be easily doable at 90+(?). If you still have the boost from purchasing WoD, doing it every week with your 91 and an additional 90 should be enough to buy the (US) token. Level them up in the meantime to make it easier (gold from questing in Draenor isn't too bad iirc) and you should be good.

Get a girlfriend, make her farm gold for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    People have done 1silver to token in a month challenges via the AH, so saying "he has no funds" is kinda silly.
    Link me a legit one.
    Most of the '1 gold to cap challenge' or whatever variation revolves around buying random white vendor stuff that suddenly sells for 100times its value within hours..
    Aka having your friends buy your stuff.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post

And flipping is the same it was in Cata, just learning new items and add ons.
    A guy that asks "How do i get 50k g per month to pay for sub" in a forum is, most probably, totally inept in the AH ways. That's why suggesting to him "l2AH", especially in a declining market due to Legion, is utterly not helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Before going on a tantrum of personal attacks please have an argument. He asked for the best method and we have not his full resume, he may be very technically savvy which is what is mainly needed to play the auction house. Without any character to support something like raid-spot-selling or a guild to carry through that, and without time to garrison-farm enough, flipping on the auction house is by far the best solution if it's done optimally.
    I have an argument. You decided to clip it in your quote. Also, read my response to @JemiS above.