Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Right. You just use the forums for those games. Cos that's what adults do.
    Ayyyyy lmao :P

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I don't play games that mostly children play is how I avoid most of it.
    He said as he added the latest schoolgirl slice of life anime to his myanimelist profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Report them. Tell them you reported them. Put them on ignore.
    Report them, Ignore them.
    Why bother telling them? They are fuck bags, they were before you came along, they will be after....no reason to interact with them more.
    Do the 2 things above...carry on killing/tanking/healing

I don't get it. If they call you out when you fuck something up.. yeah, you fucked up. Agree and laugh about it.

If they call you out for something stupid that you didn't fuck up.. what they're saying has no merit and no basis in reality. Disregard it.

What is there to get upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I don't get it. If they call you out when you fuck something up.. yeah, you fucked up. Agree and laugh about it.

If they call you out for something stupid that you didn't fuck up.. what they're saying has no merit and no basis in reality. Disregard it.

This guy gets it.

I get over it. Sticks and stones.

If you can't handle it, most games have options to just turn off chat altogether. I don't know if OW has that yet though.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Ignore them. Not as in press ignore, just mentally ignore them and continue playing. Though if they're toxic on voice com then ofc just mute them on that.

There's no reason to really care about their toxicity even if it's directed at you specifically. You won't win in an argument and neither will they but both of you will prolong it if you start talking back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I feel the same way. People raging in chat and throwing insults at you is enough to make me lose the taste. Sadly, this is a problem in every competitive game with MOBA-like elements, and I don't think there's much you can do aside from muting or ignoring them.

Muting the entire chat isn't really a viable solution either since it's needed to communicate.
    It feels good to see that I am not the only who can't get over it so easily ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I piss 'em off by saying that they're so cute with their raging.

Like:

Toxic guy: YOU ALL FUCKING SUCK! GO PLAY COD OR SOMETHING NOOBS!
    Me: DO YOU HAVE TO WRITE IN CAPS? DO YOU THINK IT GIVES YOU AUTHORITY?!
    Me: Right, didnt Think so.
    Toxic guy: FUCK UP YOU NOOB!
    Me: Naw, how adorable, you Think everyone gives a crap about what you say. <3
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    i just ignore it in game, and then add them to the avoid this player list

Thank you guys for all your comments. I love the "cute" technique

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

I would love to be you. Generally, it's bad faith. For example, yesterday, I was insulted for being a "useless healer, litterally" while I was doing 9k as Lucio in a unfinished attack game (which means I could have done more). I was playing with the group and the toxic player was Genji who was always far, trying to attack the flank. I tried to explain but it was too late, insults already
    Last edited by nihila; 2016-05-27 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihila View Post

I always had troubles in dealing with free insults on every game I played. Generally, this is what makes me stop a game (happened for WoW, LoL, Smite, mostly competitive and "big" games where there is a toxic community). It often prevented me from playing competitive modes (like arenas) and I am worried the same will happen for Overwatch.

Even if I mute the player, it is too late. I will remember what he said, even if I know it is not true, at some point in the future. Hopefully, this does not last for weeks and does not happen too often. Am I the only one remembering this kind of things for days?

How do you usually deal with it?

Thanks.
    You need thicker skin honestly. No matter what game you play, there will always been a few rotten apples that will insult you and pick on you. The best thing you can do is toughen up and ignore them. Realize that what they say is meaningless.

The only time it ever matters is if you're messing up. I have seen people mistake being called out for messing up as being picked on. My friend stopped playing because she got called out a lot. So she just said they were picking on her instead of improving, thus continuing the cycle.

Point is, don't mistake being called out as being picked on. For those who are saying insults, ignore them and move on. Unless you can do that, online gameing is something you should avoid. You'll run into jerks in Any online game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    I just ignore toxic stuff in chat completely. If someone I don't know is trying to get a rise by taunting I could give 2 shits about them. Now if it's a friend then I might be riled up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Right. You just use the forums for those games. Cos that's what adults do.
    Average wow player age is 28.3 years old... Cause 28.3 is the age for children right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    He said as he added the latest schoolgirl slice of life anime to his myanimelist profile.
    That's only because I don't record all the Futanari hentai and Doujinshi on my public MAL list.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Report them, Ignore them.
    Why bother telling them? They are fuck bags, they were before you came along, they will be after....no reason to interact with them more.
    Do the 2 things above...carry on killing/tanking/healing
    Because if the only response anyone gets from trolling other players is knowing they were reported, they might actually fear for their accounts and stop.

I tend to just poke at the ragers. Which makes them more upset, which makes me laugh at them for taking a 'game' like its serious business, then i poke at them some more. Eventually either I get bored at that and i leave, or they get annoyed and leave. Then i can hopefully get onto a team that isn't toxic. If it is toxic, repeat the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the block feature, toxic players seems to be a minority currently

Edit: I also may or may not solo ult people that are being dicks on the opposite team :P
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-05-27 at 08:55 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

I deal with it by laughing at those who bitch and complain, which usually happens when they just got murdered anyways.

Than I sometimes like to reply to those whiny messages by taking jabs and poking fun at them so that they become even more bitter.

I'll get angry and frustrated like a lot of other players when I lose or I'm getting my ass kicked, but I rarely ever type any of my frustrations out, because it's just pointless. My teamspeak friends get to listen to my complaining, but it only lasts a few seconds at a time, and at the same exact time. I do still enjoy playing and continue having fun lol

As long as competitive multiplayers are alive, there will always be this "toxicity." Just learn to ignore and laugh at the morons who are creating it

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Haven't noticed it in Overwatch thus far, most of my matches seem to be silent affairs - very little voice chat and practically no text. I've been playing against the AI mostly as I'm still learning the various classes and finding those that suit me best, but even the few live matches I've played have been quiet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead