Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is very redundant. Since they already had the very cool looking set all they had to do was push for more powerful gear to stay in top of their game and get even more transmog gear. I am sorry to say but your guild was not killed by transmogrification but by very false mentality of its players. I am pvp player and I raid to get new skins for my gear. Transmog is perfect for everything.
    Stopppp! It's not feeding time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Betongjocke View Post
    EDIT: This isnt something that i want to go live on the regular realms just like that with no other changes brought to the game.. I know for a fact that taking something back from a player that they have rightfully earned would just burn down the game instantly you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'm taking a look at what has brought down WoW to it's current state wich means we have lost more then 2/3rd of the population of the game, and what there is we can do for future purposes to get the subscribers back up again. Ultimately this is something that more properly belongs to a Pristine realm/ Legacy server with tweaks/ a brand new hardcore realm where ppl obviously will start from scratch. That will not include LFR/LFD/Flying in all zones/XP bonuses/Character transfers and overall weaker minions.

I only care about peoples opinions about having transmog in the game, and what downsides it have had on the game. And how could the future game be without it.

I always thought transmog was great until recently when i changed my mind and the reason is simple - I dont think it's for the good of the game.
    I do often philosophy about WoW because i enjoy the game partwise but there is always a but wich in this case is the subscribtion numbers getting lowered it cant be ignored and i want solutions for it. It scares people out and even sometimes me, But i actually do believe transmog has a big impact on the community whether or not you believe so..This impact in its turn will affect the game in a bad way.

I do wanna provide good feedback in order to push the game into a better direction talking subscribtion numbers here ofcourse with good intentions of the game and then this crossed my mind..
    Is transmog something we actually want or need in WoW? And if you think so, Can you try to explain what about transmog you think actually improves ur way of playing World of warcraft ? Is it the time you spend farming it wich makes it exciting? Or the moment you get the item you've been looking for? And for how long does this feeling last for you once you have earned what you've been looking for? Or is it perhaps the showoff? To me transmog is poor gameplay i will try to explain why i think so.

Like i mentioned earlier, this was something i enjoyed before because it was kind of funny to change appearience in the game, but the fun only lasts for a very short while because soon enough ur gonna want to change it again or you might even be the one that dont care about ur look. But is it actually funny? The transmog option itself is it even a tool that we want/need in the game ? I thought this game was about Quests, Storyline, Proffesions, Dungeons, Raids & PvP Not to mention Roleplaying wich all can be done without transmog atleast in my opinion. So is there any downsides with transmog? In my opinion yes there is - keep in mind that im thinking for the good of the game here and just not for my own preferences.

Once upon a time in WoW you could actually see if a player was good or bad judging by their appearience and some people you could find roleplaying with their thrash/old armors in durotar while being offduty because they enjoyed it even before transmog existed. You can still at this day see this but by a far much lower value. Back in the day prior to the transmog option this was a winwin sittuation for the player who commited time to get this incredible armor as he gets attention wich is a reward itself besides the actuall power of the gear wich i think he deserved. This still occurs in todays WoW but at a much lower rate due to everyone being covered in transmog.

Why do we need to transmog gear? Isnt it enough that you have it in ur backpack/ the new legion tool for it and then when you want to equip it for roleplaying or whatever reason you can just like toys? But when you are going into raids/battlegrounds/arenas you do want ur best level of armor wich in theory isnt a transmogged item. Ur character will be recognized by it's deeds rather then a fake layer of armor? And what about our alts when they litterly have shit armor equipped? Are they suppose to be rewarded for not spending enough time and effort into something that we really want to achieve? Let's say a cool looking armor from a hardass boss.

Transmog to me is simply taking away a big aspect of the game wich is showing ur current characters state of progression. I dont want people to hide under some useless armor they arent actually wearing? it's making no sense. I want to analyze players in other ways then pure gameplay & looking at their healthbars like in for example rated arenas.

This is actually tricking people into you are better geared player then u really are. And in a bigger picture i think it makes us ALL look more casual rather then having a few good players over there versus a few bad player over here just like LFR is doing. But that is another chapter i'm going to release in a while.

I'm sure i have missed alot of important stuffs on this subject as im tired. but if u read it all i think i've atleast covered alot. Please spare me stupid comments and bring me constructive feedback upon this subject. How would you feel if they removed transmog from the game, but ofcourse not the armors. Wich means you still can equip everything whenever u want to but at the cost of being less powerful?
    Who the hell told it was a no-go to take away features in a game? So if it is even making the game feel wrong? What a kindergarten.

If you as a player cannot accept the changes that is meant for the bigger picture and for the better of the game experience then simply just stop playing and others will soon fill your spot. No problem there.

They removed my beloved talent tree back in time - i stuck around because i loved the game and knew that it was not the end of Azeroth.

Just remove that stupid transmog already.. It kills the great feeling of rare gear. And sorry to tell you kids, you cannot have it all, you gotta prioritize.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    Who the hell told it was a no-go to take away features in a game? So if it is even making the game feel wrong? What a kindergarten.

If you as a player cannot accept the changes that is meant for the bigger picture and for the better of the game experience then simply just stop playing and others will soon fill your spot. No problem there.

They removed my beloved talent tree back in time - i stuck around because i loved the game and knew that it was not the end of Azeroth.

Just remove that stupid transmog already.. It kills the great feeling of rare gear. And sorry to tell you kids, you cannot have it all, you gotta prioritize.
    Blizzard has never mentioned removing Transmog, they are enhancing it in legion with better features. It is hands down one of the best features they've added to the game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    The answer could be very simple though. Have a toggle for turning on players transmog sets. If the toggle is off, you will only see players true gear.
    If anyone ever played the game they would know that gear doesn't mean shit except to show off. Specially back in the day before bnet and how people bought accounts, carries always happened and gear drops have always been luck if one won it or not. Heck, now more than ever gear actually matters for better or worse. Back in the day skill actually mattered and you could compete with or beat someone with better gear. Countless times I saw someone in bis gear that couldn't play or know a rotation. Now if one has the legendary ring, 4 piece tier set and the right trinkets no matter how good you are they could literally pound their face against the keyboard and beat you. So what does it matter? Why can't someone have fun in the game and look how like? Isn't that the point after all ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post

Please explain to me how it ruins it? If anything it makes getting rare gear more important. Because now you can still transmog into they gear instead of throwing it away as it became useless with new gear. Now earning that gear means one can use it forever if one so chooses

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    So what does it matter? Why can't someone have fun in the game and look how like? Isn't that the point after all ?
    They could still do that with a toggle, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Transmog = everyone wants to look like a million bucks, even though in realty they are wroth a nickle.

This is just one of the features that destroyed immersion for me.
    You are upset that someone who isn't you can make a different decision.
    You can play it the same way you did before.
    You are choosing to turn the decisions that other players make into a problem, even when it has no negative impact on yourself.
    You want it to be a problem, therefore it is.

Many of those signature sets were recognised and "cool" only because of their rarity.
    That doesn't mean they actually looked cool, which is a very personal opinion at best.
    And if you are judging characters that harshly on whether they want to wear some outfit other than "the latest" than quite frankly that makes you vain.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-12 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    They could still do that with a toggle, you know.
    Who cares? Why waste a second of development time on a toggle feature? So you would rather have a pointless toggle feature than actual content? Do you know how dumb that sounds? So what a person who wants to feel special and peacock around can?

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    "Hell even tavern brawls have more lore than the entirety of wow now."

Yeah, totally not overexagerating. And no, an ad hominem is calling you stupid. I just call you out on your bullshit.
    Ragnaros vs Neferain tavern brawl had more personality in that tavern brawl than as raid bosses in WOD. Even Rastafarrian and Kel had more personality even the bosses they summon as powers. Nice Try but these had more people playing hearthstone than WOW itself, cause these 4 bosses and their minions were oooozing with more personality than WOD prove me otherwise.

They all had unique sayings when they come on the field and what of the raid today? Oh 3 bosses with only black hand and archimonde even rememberable from WOD AND THEY were past bosses from previous games. None of the new bosses are even rememberable or you even cared about them

Sorry called out on your false claims easily counter goodbye and good luck..

Nice to say WOD has more lore than hearthstone HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh wait HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH.

So what bullshit in WOD are you gonna pull that has more lore than even these 2 tavern brawls and don't use a logically fallacy which your doing here, I didn't say ALL TAVERN BRAWLS, learn 2 read please.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Ragnaros vs Neferain tavern brawl had more personality in that tavern brawl than as raid bosses in WOD. Even Rastafarrian and Kel had more personality even the bosses they summon as powers. Nice Try but these had more people playing hearthstone than WOW itself, cause these 4 bosses and their minions were oooozing with more personality than WOD prove me otherwise.

They all had unique sayings when they come on the field and what of the raid today? Oh 3 bosses with only black hand and archimonde even rememberable from WOD AND THEY were past bosses from previous games. None of the new bosses are even rememberable or you even cared about them

Sorry called out on your false claims easily counter goodbye and good luck..

Nice to say WOD has more lore than hearthstone HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh wait HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH.

So what bullshit in WOD are you gonna pull that has more lore than even these 2 tavern brawls and don't use a logically fallacy which your doing here, I didn't say ALL TAVERN BRAWLS, learn 2 read please.
    Nice opinion. I just don't feel the same way and neither yours or my opinions are fact.

I don't thing you know what a personnality is neither with "lore" and you just throw random word to show your hate about WoD. And it's cool, you can hate WoD all you want. But it's an opinion. Nothing more.

The story behind Iskar is cool
    The fight against Velhari is cool.
    The fight against Xhul'horac is cool. And I can go on. It's fastest for me to enumerate the fight I don't like : Butcher / Gruul / The first boss of HFC.

And that's it. You can say whatever you want, it doesn't change anything about the way I feel about those fight.

Don't speak about logical fallacy when you're putting your opinion as a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i would hate the OP with all my soul if that ever happened, IMHO the best patch in WoW History was patch 4.3, it added a new life to the game for me, and i'm pretty sure i wouldn't play as much wow as i do now if we didn't had Transmog
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2016-05-12 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Nice opinion. I just don't feel the same way and neither yours or my opinions are fact.

Don't speak about logical fallacy when you're putting your opinion as a fact.
    Well stop saying I'm overexaggerating things and tell me I'm wrong (which you just made my opinion as fact) when it's in the freaking beta patch notes, Your the one who said it's not truthful and I pointed out your LIES and now your using my logic against me.

The story of 1 character is cool and again where was Iskar again oh wait in BC? another reused character that was cool. Wow....... That's it I'm out of here you don't even really know what you like about WOD you may like the game but the money tells where the popularity of the game is and it sure ain't from WOW now and that is a FACT.

Deleted
    I agree with you, it's without a doubt one of the features that ruined the feeling of the game. Sure, when transmog wasn't in the game you looked like shit sometimes, but because of that you became so much happier when you finally got to replace the ugly gear.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with the OP, it's without a doubt one of the freatures that enhanced the feeling of the game, because when transmog wasn't in hte game you sometimes looked like shit, and because of that you became so much grumpier when you finally got to replace a piece of gear that matched the set.

Well at least for me. The end-game may be raiding/PvP, but my mind always tries to organize things - even my fashion choices.

Considering how it saves me having to lug around sets just for when I want to look the way I want.. dunno what anyone's problem with transmog can be. What is hindering their gameplay by there being people wearing costumes over their gear? Can't even be about epeen, as those with the top tier of gear wear it.. if it's nice looking they keep it the way it is. Of course not all sets look nice so I like having the ability to wear what I like over it, so again it comes down to what actually gets hurt by people able to customize their apparel to suit their desires?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I feeel like Transmogging saved the game, sure did for me. During many of those dark periods where I'd have wanted to subscribe, my Transmog fanaticism kept me going. It's like my main favorite trait of the game.
    Yes, totally, this is how i feel about transmog

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Transmoggin killed my guild. People were like "I don't want to run the new raid since I already have a cool looking set from older raids". This is not a barbie dress-up game.
    Your guild must a bunch of spineless noobs.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I get to wear the best looking sets in the game even though they went out of style in vanilla. Don't you fucking touch my transmogrification feature.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I disagree with the OP, it's without a doubt one of the freatures that enhanced the feeling of the game, because when transmog wasn't in hte game you sometimes looked like shit, and because of that you became so much grumpier when you finally got to replace a piece of gear that matched the set.

Well at least for me. The end-game may be raiding/PvP, but my mind always tries to organize things - even my fashion choices.
    I used the gear that worked best.
    That was not always that which matched the set, and nor was it always simply "better looking" even if it matched.
    I didn't always like items simply because they were a set.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeah, I have no desire to go back to the BC model of greens being a mismatched hodge-podge of gear that makes you look like a damn clown. I like my character to look cool, and I've never skipped out on a raid to go get tmog pieces. Never met or heard of anyone that has done so either.

Two words: Burning Crusade. At the beginning of BC, in Honor Hold, the quest rewards (or was it greens?) looked like acid-green pants with fuchsia swirls. It continued from there with a top, boots, gloves. You looked like an acid-tripping clown. I looked like an acid-tripping clown for weeks because there was no exp bonus and it took that long for me to gain new gear or either to find a replacement for that gear. So yeah, no more acid trips. Just say no.

Edit: Just posted this and LOL Teevo (post above me) who also mentioned the BC clown gear.
    Last edited by maunazero; 2016-05-27 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Props to person who posted above me!