Mostly having problems with people not wanting to counter switch or play anything other then one toon. Still fun but can get frustrating to lose over and over and over.

Deleted
    What is starting to piss me off are these "all Genji" -games and so on. I don't know if it's the same four to five guys who do this shit but I'm running into these games more and more. Then if I protest they start hurling insults and being assholes about it. Because I don't do what they want me to do so they can have their little "fun".

I don't think the game should have a limit of one player per character, but doing these "hey let's all play the same character" -games is just boring and lame as hell.

Some 15-year old brats thinking it's all cool and whatever.

I wish Zenyatta had more hp. I find all the supports boring except Zenyatta. I would totally love to play him more, but if enemies even sneeze at him, he explodes. Most success I have had when team is competent and are, for example, moving the payload. I sit there behind the team (and hopefully behind Reinhardts shield). Pop heals and throw discord orbs at enemies. Zenyatta is very accurate. He can hit extremely far away (does he even have dmg drop on range?). I have also killed Bastions as Zenyatta because I can see small part of their model before they can shoot at me. Discord orb and they are dead before they could even move. Yet, Zenyatta can die practically any moment for almost any reason since his hp is so low so even to good moments are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I wish Zenyatta had more hp. I find all the supports boring except Zenyatta. I would totally love to play him more, but if enemies even sneeze at him, he explodes. Most success I have had when team is competent and are, for example, moving the payload. I sit there behind the team (and hopefully behind Reinhardts shield). Pop heals and throw discord orbs at enemies. Zenyatta is very accurate. He can hit extremely far away (does he even have dmg drop on range?). I have also killed Bastions as Zenyatta because I can see small part of their model before they can shoot at me. Discord orb and they are dead before they could even move. Yet, Zenyatta can die practically any moment for almost any reason since his hp is so low so even to good moments are rare.
    Yeah, he's my main, but I really don't understand how you can give a character the combo : low mobility + low health.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Agree, I rarely have a group with no tank but having one with no support is pretty common.

A lot of times I fill in as whatever the team needs, but I admit that there are other games where I just say fuck it and play what I want. There are five other people who can switch heroes to fix the group comp too; my view is that it doesn't need to be me all the time.
    Tanks are more "fun" for people since they can actually get kills. Even Reinhardt can sometimes smash someone in melee after ultimate, not to mention Roadhog one shotting squishies with chain or Winston chasing snipers/supports.

I suppose I've been "guilty" of switching from healers to Winston, just to take down some annoying Widowmaker/Hanzo that keeps killing me over and over. It's especially frustrating when I use Mercy's silly pistol and almost get a kill, so anyone could finish them off and save both of us. But then we all die and I get blame for not channeling my "kill me, I'm here" beam in the open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No but in game. And there have been some on the forums too.
    So? That happens with every single game. Typical e-peen flexing, especially when combined with "I'll flame those CoD noobs and mention Overwatch being team game, for Reddit/official forums brownie points".

Deleted
    The current Arcade Brawl is a bit hysterical, if a touch.. um.. predictable at this point.

Mei and Tracer, MANY Meis and Tracers.

I had some fun going reinhardt and charge killing more than my fair share of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Tanks are more "fun" for people since they can actually get kills. Even Reinhardt can sometimes smash someone in melee after ultimate, not to mention Roadhog one shotting squishies with chain or Winston chasing snipers/supports.

I suppose I've been "guilty" of switching from healers to Winston, just to take down some annoying Widowmaker/Hanzo that keeps killing me over and over. It's especially frustrating when I use Mercy's silly pistol and almost get a kill, so anyone could finish them off and save both of us. But then we all die and I get blame for not channeling my "kill me, I'm here" beam in the open.So? That happens with every single game. Typical e-peen flexing, especially when combined with "I'll flame those CoD noobs and mention Overwatch being team game, for Reddit/official forums brownie points".
    I agree with you. Especially for people who care about stats, playing a character like Mercy who can hardly get a few kills (and often none) is not very appealing. I really think they should improve (at least a little bit) that pistol...

Deleted
    so it turns out, once you press emote you're locked into doing that emote :x

just lost us a game :P was waiting for 3 enemies to come round the corner, on tracer, with my ult up. had the bright idea of pressing the emote button, enemies didn't see me at first, then while still doing my emote, turned around and killed me would ahve probably at least been a double kill otherwise :P

Every once in a while I run into a player that says in general chat, "EZ victory!" and the game was king of the hill 99-100. Yeah, real easy, at the last second you saved your own ass and managed to hold out.

Or the guy who kills you says, "Get Gud" and the next three times you run into him you chuck his ass off the side of a cliff with Lucio Right Button. :P

Deleted
    i have a few legendary / epic skins i don't remember getting in loot boxes o.0
    i had the anubis one for pharah and carbon fibre for genji, and noire skin for widowmaker don't remember opening a lootbox with those 3 in!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Every once in a while I run into a player that says in general chat, "EZ victory!" and the game was king of the hill 99-100. Yeah, real easy, at the last second you saved your own ass and managed to hold out.

Or the guy who kills you says, "Get Gud" and the next three times you run into him you chuck his ass off the side of a cliff with Lucio Right Button. :P
    "Rekt" is used too much as well. Yeah, you wrecked us in Overtime on a payload map that took the whole time alright.

Although just to taunt him the next match on attacking, I did the same thing to see what'd he say. Tears for days!

Having a lot of fun so far, only level 16 or 17 though. I do get tired of the people who treats it purely as deathmatch game, they should just go to some arena shooter instead. So many not moving the last 10 meters to go to the objective because they are trying to be ERMERGERD-SO-AUSUM.

I usually do 3 games for the team (aka end up playing a healer or tank) and then go "fuck it" and play what i want for 1 or 2 games, otherwise i'd end up being support in 9/10 games. I don't mind the non-DPS classes that much, but i just love some of the DPS classes.

So yeah, if i didn't run into the special people who does not play the objectives or don't do their roles, had a D-Va who was playing some sort of bastion style, where she was immenesly behind and just holding down the button, or Zenyattas who never does healy Orb, then i'd love the game even more. Maybe when i get into the ranked mode it'll be better.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I have to take a break after every time Anubis comes up. Other maps have their ups and downs, but this one kills the fun for me, especially on attack. Even if I somehow win, it's more of a "they completely messed up" rather than true satisfaction of a good fight. And more often than not, it's a grueling battle against turrets, Bastions and respawn points 5 meters behind second point. Defense isn't much better, can't really feel good about victory when it feels so easy and cheap.

Too bad there's no "avoid this map" option anywhere, I'd use it instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PIvemaskine View Post
    Having a lot of fun so far, only level 16 or 17 though. I do get tired of the people who treats it purely as deathmatch game, they should just go to some arena shooter instead. So many not moving the last 10 meters to go to the objective because they are trying to be ERMERGERD-SO-AUSUM.

they should make an arena/TDM mode for people that just want to run around as widowmaker, mcree etc and not do objectives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I feel like I have to take a break after every time Anubis comes up. Other maps have their ups and downs, but this one kills the fun for me, especially on attack. Even if I somehow win, it's more of a "they completely messed up" rather than true satisfaction of a good fight. And more often than not, it's a grueling battle against turrets, Bastions and respawn points 5 meters behind second point. Defense isn't much better, can't really feel good about victory when it feels so easy and cheap.

Too bad there's no "avoid this map" option anywhere, I'd use it instantly.
    i feel like that on a few of the maps, Anubis is fun as hell to defend on, but attacking its just horrible. i feel the same on hanumora(sp?) and the russian map, i don't like attacking on those 3 maps at all, its not a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    noire skin for widowmaker don't remember opening a lootbox with those 3 in!
    Noire Widowmaker was the pre-order bonus skin.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Noire Widowmaker was the pre-order bonus skin.
    oh right, i didn't pre-order though :P i bought it about 20 hours after release in the UK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What is starting to piss me off are these "all Genji" -games and so on. I don't know if it's the same four to five guys who do this shit but I'm running into these games more and more. Then if I protest they start hurling insults and being assholes about it. Because I don't do what they want me to do so they can have their little "fun".

I don't think the game should have a limit of one player per character, but doing these "hey let's all play the same character" -games is just boring and lame as hell.

Some 15-year old brats thinking it's all cool and whatever.
    I have seen the all-one-character thing twice. Both times it was the opposite team on defense. One game was 6 Bastions on Anubis, the other 6 Torbjorns on Hanamura.

At first I thought it was really annoying and my team initially cosigned us to defeat, but we played around with our comp and won both games. Against Bastions we didn't do anything special, basically just brute forced our way through and capitalised on their mistakes, once the first point fell we steamrolled to the second before they could set up properly. Against the Torbjorns we all swapped about a lot, but came down to taking the first point with lots of high movement/flankers getting behind their turrets while two people held the attention with Reinhardt/D.Va, the 2nd point was done by jumping 2x Winston, Reinhardt, Mercy, Lucio and I think Reaper all on the point at once and belligerently refusing to move. Both games were honestly some of the most fun I have had in Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like that on a few of the maps, Anubis is fun as hell to defend on, but attacking its just horrible. i feel the same on hanumora(sp?) and the russian map, i don't like attacking on those 3 maps at all, its not a fun experience.
    Anubis is only really a pain because of the first choke point, and there's a ton of ways to deal with that. Reinhardt's shield/D.va's reflect to get everyone to a side passage (it's right there, on either side). Reaper can teleport into either side passage from out of sight. Tracer can teleport the gap. There's a big gap up top for Widowmaker/Pharah to get some verticality.

It may take waiting until a couple people build up their ults and combine them for much kaboom to break a solid defense, but that's what you're supposed to be doing.

It's no different than chokepoints in TF2 where you'd need an Ubercharge to survive the Engie turret spam or whatever.

Once you find the alternative routes, it's quite fun to attack the enemy from behind.

Also, certain characters are better suited against those chokepoints than others. Genji, Tracer, Reaper... their job is basically to get behind enemy lines and breaking up that defensive line so your frontline can push forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Anubis is only really a pain because of the first choke point, and there's a ton of ways to deal with that. Reinhardt's shield/D.va's reflect to get everyone to a side passage (it's right there, on either side). Reaper can teleport into either side passage from out of sight. Tracer can teleport the gap. There's a big gap up top for Widowmaker/Pharah to get some verticality.

It may take waiting until a couple people build up their ults and combine them for much kaboom to break a solid defense, but that's what you're supposed to be doing.

It's no different than chokepoints in TF2 where you'd need an Ubercharge to survive the Engie turret spam or whatever.
    This is a good post. I love those chokepoints. They're like tiny puzzles. Figure out what they have on the other side and how to counter it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I'm really enjoying the game, as most roles, as I play almost only with premades I hardly get pushed into heal or tank role. So I get too spend my time flying as pharah!or playing overly offensive Torbjørn in defence...wich is so fun..his shotgun do so much damage..