Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Since LFR over 50% of the playbase has killed a raid boss and finished HFC/SoO.
    And since introduction of flex/normal 40% killed Archi on Normal+, while only 19% in LFR. So overrewarding LFR is literally catering to vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Rofl so LFR is fun when you get over rewarded by items? This nothng then prove that LFR have no palce in this game. If you have fun with LFR only when Blizzard rain on your shiny epics then LFR shoulf be removed.
    No but it's not fun when it's under rewarding as well, WoD LFR drops shouldn't even have had a purple colour, blue 630 hc dungeon trinkets were better then the ones dropping in there.
    WoD LFR was terrible compared to MoP.

I don't see what is over rewarded about having tier sets in LFR, the stats are lower, the ilvl is lower and if you want a better version of the same set you still have 2 ways of getting that which in turn makes you stronger then le epique LFR noob with the same set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    And since introduction of flex/normal 40% killed Archi on Normal+, while only 19% in LFR. So overrewarding LFR is literally catering to vocal minority.
    You mean like those 2% of the people who raid mythic yet they keep getting a whole difficulty level created just for them ?
    There is nothing over rewarded about tier sets in LFR, they still got the lowest stats and raw dps gains of all the available tier sets, if you feel like it is over rewarding for LFR then go do mythic and gloat at the scrub with the same set but much lower stats, that should brighten up your day xD
    Last edited by FluFF; 2016-05-27 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize there is websites that track raid kills right? Less then 1 million players killed LK in wrath when it was current. Wrath had a pop of 12 million that makes the kill rate around 9%.

Once again you can go look up the numbers. You saw people in trade looking for raids, So did I but that still doesn't change the fact raiding has been a niche group.
    Why are you using Lich King kill counts as a basis? It's very obvious that the majority won't kill the final boss in any expansion.

We're talking participation in raiding.

And we all know that it isnt truth. LFR atualy kills raiding and turn off lot of potecial raiders. LFR will again make world and dungeon content absolote. Effort vs reward is too big for people to bother with other content.
    So you are saying the company who makes the game you play and has more data then you is lying....

See talking to you is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Why are you using Lich King kill counts as a basis? It's very obvious that the majority won't kill the final boss in any expansion.

Ok and I done stated less then 20% ever killed a boss in ICC. Once again go look up the numbers and do the math.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Ummm where are you getting only 19% have done it in LFR. Also there is no flex mode anymore. Do you even play this game?

Flex is built into LFR,NM and Heroic Mode.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are saying the company who makes the game you play and has more data then you is lying....

See talking to you is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok and I done stated less then 20% ever killed a boss in ICC. Once again go look up the numbers and do the math.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm where are you getting only 19% have done it in LFR. Also there is no flex mode anymore. Do you even play this game?

As I said before, participation improved after the addition of weekly quests. Most of these quests lead to Ulduar and TOC. They can build any motivator for raiding, LFR being the best one (MOP version).

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Raiding will never go away in WoW so he will he will never get that wish.
    Yeah. It's not going to change Blizzard's framework for WoW nor their philosophy for endgame content.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-05-27 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    No but it's not fun when it's under rewarding as well, WoD LFR drops shouldn't even have had a purple colour, blue 630 hc dungeon trinkets were better then the ones dropping in there.
    WoD LFR was terrible compared to MoP.

I don't see what is over rewarded about having tier sets in LFR, the stats are lower, the ilvl is lower and if you want a better version of the same set you still have 2 ways of getting that which in turn makes you stronger then le epique LFR noob with the same set bonuses.
    Getting tier set for doing nothing is overewarding. You dont deserve to have this items. It isnt about nitemlvl but about what this items represent. You should not jsut giveaways this type of rewarding for afking in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

Majority actualy kills last boss of every expansion thanks to LFR ofc.

Getting tier set for doing nothing is overewarding. You dont deserve to have this items. It isnt about nitemlvl but about what this items represent. You should not jsut giveaways this type of rewarding for afking in LFR.
    Who says I AFK in LFR ? I do my thing like I would do on a normal or heroic boss and yes while the content might be way easier it is in essence the same thing.
    If I got a 95%+ dps uptime on the boss I don't see why I shouldn't get a chance on a basic tier piece for doing my part.

If you are salty that afk'ers get the same thing while doing nothing in LFR then you can't blame that on Blizzard or someone who actually does decent in a LFR, choosing to be a total asshat in LFR is a human choice, not a design choice.
    There is no legendary item in LFR this time cause of artifacts and world legendary drops so if they kept the same shit gear as you got in WoD LFR then no one would run it and they would lose a big part of their casual player base so they bring back MoP style LFR loot to keep those people paying and playing.

- - - Updated - - -

You act as if lfr gear is amazing or something. LFR with tier bonuses will be nice but nothing O/P nor will it be over done due to the fact that people will wipe fuck tons of times due to the people who lick windows while in them. Dealing with those people makes the rewards well earned imo. Like I posted earlier, they will not be as powerful as their mythic versions or even the normal/heroic ones! Long as mythic has the best look im good with it! (lol)

Far as getting kills on he final boss more due to it being in lfr thats kinda meh to be honest. They pay a sub just like us mythic raiders do so let them have a taste of things. Not like it hurts us! The reason LK had so little with kills compared to todays standards is because it was a fucking crazy hard fight. With the increasing buff it was nerfed to shit and lots of guilds still coudlnt get the kill! Even though they get to see all of the end game content they still dont get all of the good stuff offered like Chogal at the end of the Imperator fight, the moose mount off heroic Archi, or the Stormwind Harbor phase of Heroic/Mythic Garrosh.
    Last edited by xuros; 2016-05-27 at 08:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This comes up again and again...

Fix the AFK problem, raise the difficulty a bit. AFK-ing is a different problem. It is related, but different, and can be solved with unrelated changes.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

LFR should give the same item level as Mythic dungeons(not mythic +) and if you want to go higher go either do Heroic / Mythic raiding or do Mythic + dungeons. LFR will release a few weeks later than Heroic / Mythic, so by the time it does get released it's going to be useless anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Part of the appeal of raiding is exclusivity in gear, tier pieces in casual orientated content diminish the perceived reward of normal+ raiding.

By your argument LFR could offer the same ilvl rewards as Mythic and it would be fine, because nothing would be taken from Mythic dungeons.

And now it's being put back due to a small number of people bitching because their ego issues won't let them do LFR without getting special rewards.

Or it's just Blizz experimenting trying to see what reward structure is satisfying for the largest number of players.
    You still have exclusive rewards. I cannot obtain mythic tier anywhere else. Beyond that the attitude you suggest is exactly as I said. Sick.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Its not over rewarding, in fact in general the game has been under rewarding casual players for awhile now.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You still have exclusive rewards. I cannot obtain mythic tier anywhere else. Beyond that the attitude you suggest is exactly as I said. Sick.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not over rewarding, in fact in general the game has been under rewarding casual players for awhile now.
    Under rewarding casual players? Hah. That mere suggestion is an insult to casual players. Casual players raid mythic you know, cus casual is about time not skill. And there are those who progress slowly through mythic.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

- - - Updated - - -

Even counting LFR clears, raid participation is still sub-30% at its height. And that's largely because of the legendary quest lines.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    cus casual is about time not skill.
    Is that what it means this week, People like you change what casual means each week so its kinda hard to fallow.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Is that what it means this week, People like you change what casual means each week so its kinda hard to fallow.
    Yeah, people like me... I mean I've never changed what the word casual means, but sure, bunch me with people, like yourself who seem to think casual = bad. Also, what does some peoples definition have to do with anything. Even if casual meant bad, they've not been under rewarded, unless you think free epics which provide more than enough power for anything they'd want to do is under rewarding. Even ignoring LFR you get free gear from your garrison...

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Yeah, people like me... I mean I've never changed what the word casual means, but sure, bunch me with people, like yourself who seem to think casual = bad. Also, what does some peoples definition have to do with anything. Even if casual meant bad, they've not been under rewarded, unless you think free epics which provide more than enough power for anything they'd want to do is under rewarding. Even ignoring LFR you get free gear from your garrison...
    Never said casual ment bad.

You seem triggered...

Never said casual ment bad.

You seem triggered...
    haha, you're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    This comes up again and again...

Fix the AFK problem, raise the difficulty a bit. AFK-ing is a different problem. It is related, but different, and can be solved with unrelated changes.
    I don't think they'll increase the difficulty of the LFR much from WoD. It seems like the devs originally wanted to use the LFR as a gateway to normal mode raiding but realized most players simply did the LFR and that was it. Now players who exclusively do the LFR have something to look forward to doing each week. While it might be considered a net negative for players who feel they need to do whatever it takes to get their tier, the positive is players who normally may not have cared about farming the LFR having a reason to do so.

There are positives and negatives to this design but it really doesn't seem like too much of an overall negative.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't think they'll increase the difficulty of the LFR much from WoD. It seems like the devs originally wanted to use the LFR as a gateway to normal mode raiding but realized most players simply did the LFR and that was it. Now players who exclusively do the LFR have something to look forward to doing each week. While it might be considered a net negative for players who feel they need to do whatever it takes to get their tier, the positive is players who normally may not have cared about farming the LFR having a reason to do so.

There are positives and negatives to this design but it really doesn't seem like too much of an overall negative.
    I suppose I followed the devs' intentions in MoP. Started my journey in LFR. I ended up making it through SoO Heroic that time around, on multiple characters (long tail end). This time, I felt like LFR was near pointless for gear, and PVP isn't a worthy alternative. I ended up paying for my only HFC Heroic.

So, I turned into LFR-only alongside the nerfing of LFR rewards. (Also, basically only for the legendary rings)

Not that LFR was the only problem. Garrisons are consuming beasts, another topic of course. >_>
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-05-28 at 01:27 AM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

wowhead.com/achievement=10019 Attained by 63% of profiles
    wowhead.com/achievement=9680 Attained by 44% of profiles
    63% - 44% = 19% participating in LFR only. As I said, just a whining vocal minority.

Flex technology and new normal gave even the most casual guilds a possibility to not care about raid composition or attendance, thus greatly improving raiding for everybody. And now Blizz are trying to water it down to please lazy entitled whiners, who want to get everything without any effort.