Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    You forgot to add The Moon.
    Also, I believe only 1 is from the US, Soldier 76.
    i always thought roadhog was US as well? :P

i thought McRee, Reaper, soldier 76 and roadhog were American

We need a norwegian hero. We NEED a berserking viking!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i always thought roadhog was US as well? :P

i thought McRee, Reaper, soldier 76 and roadhog were American
    Roadhog is from "Junkertown, Australia" according to the wiki. http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Roadhog
    He works with Junkrat in lore, who is also Australian.

McCree is from Santa Fe, New Mexico. Soldier 76 is from Indiana. Reaper is from Los Angeles, California. Those are the only Americans.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Agreed. Overwatch is too racist. Especially with no new heros to be released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Roadhog is from "Junkertown, Australia" according to the wiki. http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Roadhog
    He works with Junkrat in lore, who is also Australian.

McCree is from Santa Fe, New Mexico. Soldier 76 is from Indiana. Reaper is from Los Angeles, California. Those are the only Americans.
    ah, roadhog always seemed like he fit into the road 66 map, just assumed he would be at home there :P can't really hear his accent so well. i knew junkrat was Aussie though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Torbjörn is not really Swedish though. There are basically no references in his voice lines/emotes or skinns. He isn't talking with a Swedish accent. To me it's more like blizz just wanted to check off a box, he could literally be from anywhere.
    Torbjorn is filled with self loathing and hates his nationality. They got that one pretty right

Deleted
    Torbjörn is not really Swedish though. There are basically no references in his voice lines/emotes or skinns. He isn't talking with a Swedish accent. To me it's more like blizz just wanted to check off a box, he could literally be from anywhere.

Also, any greek character should have meachanics involving some sort of life drain/soul leach ability and there should be some sort of unique voice line triggering each and every time reinhardt comes close to greek hero.
    Check the names of Torbjörn's skins:
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/overwatch...%C3%B6rn/Skins

Definitely Swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Just don't want them to be generic. It's like those aliens invading earth movies when they hover above New York City and London every time.
    Generic? Wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ah, roadhog always seemed like he fit into the road 66 map, just assumed he would be at home there :P can't really hear his accent so well. i knew junkrat was Aussie though.
    I'm sure route 66 is the home of the deadlock gang which Mcree was originally part of until it get taken down and he joined OW but I could getting mixed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim IRL View Post
    I believe that Lucario with his hockey skin is an acceptable diplomat for my nation.

You mean Lucio :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Last I checked Russia is the East part of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Last I checked Russia is the East part of Europe.
    33% of Russia is the Eastern part of Europe.

77% or so of Russia is in Asia.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

ITT: If my country doesn't get represented in a FPS game soon i'm gonna be so triggered!!

Deleted
    I agree, I demand a Scanian hero with a thick malmöblatte accent. Weapons are lazors from eyes and scissorhands for cutting tongues and ultimate is making complete chaos with the enemy team.

Deleted

Also, any greek character should have meachanics involving some sort of life drain/soul leach ability and there should be some sort of unique voice line triggering each and every time reinhardt comes close to greek hero.
    Except that quite a bit of his voicelines are actual sayings in Swedish translated to English

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    -cut-
    I'm completely fine by not having my country summed up with Super Mario throwing pizzas, for once. How hard can it be to create a builder hero based on Leonardo da Vinci?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Says on his discription on Overwatch page that his name is Torbjörn Lindholm from Gothenburg, Sweden. What more proof do you need? Sweden dont really have a distinct English accent.
    Maybe they want him to sound like the Swedish Chef. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OfsABOGw3c

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They only have 21 characters and the game is made by American devs - it's only natural that some nationalities will have to be left out and we get a few more US characters. Just wait for future content, Blizz has said they want the game to be very diverse and so far they are doing a pretty good job. If I had to guess, new characters will be added to fill in the gaps.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post

And widowmaker has blue skin... what is she then? a smurf?
    Last edited by Otaka; 2016-05-28 at 06:13 PM.

I am from Thailand!.