Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    FDR was also the man responsible for giving Eastern Europe to the Soviets. He may have made good decisions at the beginning of WWII, but by the end he lost it.
    I am not Eastern European, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They may not "attack" directly, times changed but they will try to control Europe, that's what I am saying. They will try to prevent Europe rising as a superpower. They did it before, by actually attacking. They will do it again by probably other means.
    What the hell are you even talking about? When did they prevent Europe from rising as a superpower via attacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The heads of the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine disagree, plus neither the US nor the USSR were in the war when Germany gave up on their invasion plans.
    oh come on, first world war ok (still hardly a united front nor did we do it all on our lonesome by any stretch of the imagination) but ww2 we won in a sense that we prevented nazi germany gaining a foothold on our soil but the war went on regardless and without the russians and americans we would have been unlikely to do anything more than maintain the status quo. now im not saying we shouldnt be proud of it but lets not inflate it into something it wasnt eh? also, that was one nation (2 if you count the hilariously inept italians) not anything close to a united europe at our door.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    What the hell are you even talking about? When did they prevent Europe from rising as a superpower via attacking?
    WWII, USA attacking Germany rings a bell? George Carlin sums it up quite well:

"They wanted to dominate the world. Bullshit! That's our fucking job."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurika Misumaru View Post
    oh come on, first world war ok (still hardly a united front nor did we do it all on our lonesome by any stretch of the imagination) but ww2 we won in a sense that we prevented nazi germany gaining a foothold on our soil but the war went on regardless and without the russians and americans we would have been unlikely to do anything more than maintain the status quo. now im not saying we shouldnt be proud of it but lets not inflate it into something it wasnt eh? also, that was one nation (2 if you count the hilariously inept italians) not anything close to a united europe at our door.
    We also supplied millions of military personnel along with being the reason that the Empire and Commonwealth fought.

On D-Day the British supplied 60,000 men, Canada supplied 20,000, the Americans 70,000, everybody pulled their weight and more.

Deleted
    I think a united EU army is good. We'd end up paying less from each nation for the army yet it would be a better organized and equipped army. If you're thinking of leaving, of course you don't like the idea... but for those inside it's better, less money spent and better organization and protection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. The Germans spared the English army at Dunkirk in the hopes of tempering the aggression between the two. Hitler thought the UK could still be negotiated with, he was wrong. But if they hadn't spared the English there there wouldn't be enough airforce resistance to withstand the German luftwaffe. Germany could then have taken out the defences which would've made it possible to launch a ground assault.

The UK was able to withstand the German assault due to the Germans being merciful, hoping for the UK and Germany to mend their relations.

Anyway, about this EU army. I'm all for it. It's time we Europeans take matters into our own hands, and it would be good to have some power projection to counter the US. Right now the US pretty much dictates anything the EU does. If they say "jump" we say "how high?" It's time to take back some power for ourselves. By having an EU army we would have more political leverage and more influence in global issues.
    Nope, Operation Sea Lion was doomed to failure and the troops that would have been lost at Dunkirk would not have changed the end result.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operat..._%28wargame%29

You cannot cross the Channel and launch a huge invasion using only converted river barges, the Germans simply did not have the required logistics for such an operation.

scaremongering article from a right wing conservative newspaper with no source whatsoever and only hypothetical crap.

ok we get it that right wing conservative want to leave the EU and that you come up with rubbish reasoning like the dailymail does....

Hopefully educated people will prevail and not the sun newspaper reading crowd...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    scaremongering article from a right wing conservative newspaper with no source whatsoever and only hypothetical crap.

ok we get it that right wing conservative want to leave the EU and that you come up with rubbish reasoning like the dailymail does....

Hopefully educated people will prevail and not the sun newspaper reading crowd...
    the sun newspaper reading crowd.. who have always been leftie labour voters... this has also been reported on many major news outlets over the course of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The amount of stupidity noticed in just the first post on this topic is way too damn high, sometimes i really question if people believe that or are just trolling i hope for their life quality it's the later.
    lol, it was a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    the sun newspaper reading crowd.. who have always been leftie labour voters...
    That is the Mirror, the Sun are traditionally Conservative supporters. However they did back Blair, though he was pretty much Conservative-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    WWII, USA attacking Germany rings a bell? George Carlin sums it up quite well:

"They wanted to dominate the world. Bullshit! That's our fucking job."
    What? Lmao. Probably the stupidest revisionist history I've ever seen spewed on a forum. We didn't attack Germany until after they declared war on us, which they were going to do anyway to please their alliance with the Japanese.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The heads of the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine disagree, plus neither the US nor the USSR were in the war when Germany gave up on their invasion plans.
    The Luftwaffe would actually had been able to achieve air superiority if Hitler had not intervened and made the Luftwaffe focus on bombing London. You were so close at losing the Battle for Britain, but thank God that Hitler fucked up as usual.

7+ Year Old Account
    < Things That Will Never Happen >

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Nope, Operation Sea Lion was doomed to failure and the troops that would have been lost at Dunkirk would not have changed the end result.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operat..._%28wargame%29

You cannot cross the Channel and launch a huge invasion using only converted river barges, the Germans simply did not have the required logistics for such an operation.
    The Germans had the resources to conduct such an invasion and given time, the logistics. What they needed first of all was air superiority. The navies of 1940 were free kills for airplanes. The Royal Navy would had been sunk by the Luftwaffe. Luckily Hitler made the Luftwaffe waste their aircraft and pilots on bombing London. London's civilians indirectly saved Great Britain from the invasion.

an eu army at this stage is simply wishful thinking, a waste of money and basically another fail like the euro; i'm a huge federalist supporter and i won't deny that an eu army is needed if we want to stop russia and usa to mess thing on our back yard but creating an eu army without first creating the political and economical infrastructures to govern and manage it is pure madness.
    The euro lesson hasn't been learned.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    an eu army at this stage is simply wishful thinking, a waste of money and basically another fail like the euro; i'm a huge federalist supporter and i won't deny that an eu army is needed if we want to stop russia and usa to mess thing on our back yard but creating an eu army without first creating the political and economical infrastructures to govern and manage it is pure madness.
    The euro lesson hasn't been learned.
    Before that, you need social structure. Europe is superficially unified at the moment. It is still composed of different countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    What? Lmao. Probably the stupidest revisionist history I've ever seen spewed on a forum. We didn't attack Germany until after they declared war on us, which they were going to do anyway to please their alliance with the Japanese.
    No need to be naive, you fought with Germans, 5k miles away from USA, not because they declared war on you, but because Germans were a serious rival to USA's world domination. Similary, they were on the brink of war with Russia for exactly same reasons; world domination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    The Germans had the resources to conduct such an invasion and given time, the logistics. What they needed first of all was air superiority. The navies of 1940 were free kills for airplanes. The Royal Navy would had been sunk by the Luftwaffe. Luckily Hitler made the Luftwaffe waste their aircraft and pilots on bombing London. London's civilians indirectly saved Great Britain from the invasion.
    Those Landing craft, crew and the training required to launch an invasion would not pop up out of nowhere, they would have needed to slash the budget in other areas in order to pay for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Those Landing craft, crew and the training required to launch an invasion would not pop up out of nowhere, they would have needed to slash the budget in other areas in order to pay for them.
    If Hitler hadn't been stupid and the UK had been their only focus, why wouldn't they have been able to? Don't think the russians were ready for an attack yet so that wouldn't have happened that soon.

When did Britain fall to Germany in WWII?
    I'm torn here. On the one hand, you're absolutely correct in everything you've said. On the other, it's the first time on this forum I've seen any significant number of people draw a positive comparison of the United States to another country. What's a red blooded American Patriot to do?

P.S. I'm a big fan of the Anglosphere sticking together. The Eastern and Western Franks are not to be trusted.