Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that it was addressed. I thought it would wait until a major overhaul of the old world. I respect that Blizzard did something about it now. Glad to see new tech being used game-wide.

As far as why,it's pretty obvious that the leveling process was broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    I HATE leveling. Not because it's not hard, but because it's boring. And it's not boring because it's not hard, it's boring because:
    • The classes are not interesting before max level
    • We've been doing the same kind of quests over and over for 10 years
    • The leveling zones are empty
    • The gameplay is painfully slow
    • It's just a part that I don't have any interest in but that is 100% mandatory for the other 90% of the game
    Also, to your arguments:
    -we've also been doing the same kinds of raids and dungeons for 10 years, but they added new stuff, just like for questing.
    -the leveling zones aren't that empty, they're not as crowded as WoD zones, but there are players, went there with a lower level char and there are players.
    -the gameplay is slow in raids too when you attempt to kill the same boss 40 times.
    -gameplay is the 90% of the game. What content do you have at max level, 2-3 raids and some PvP and 9-10 heroics? All the other content is now while leveling. Including old raids and dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see from the OP is: waaaah waaaah waaaah Blizzard is making a change I don't like and because the world revolves around ME I'm going to rant about it online!

Plenty of people enjoy levelling. GET OVER IT. If you hate it so much, just buy XP pots. With a friend or guildie to boost you, a single XP pot (15 mins) and a few dungeon runs and you're averaging a level every 5 minutes or less (at higher levels - at lower levels it's even quicker)

Case and point: Levelling gets faster, people bitch about it being too quick and talk about how it took months in vanilla. Levelling gets slower, people bitch about how boring and sluggish it becomes. No matter what decision Blizzard makes, some self-entitled fool who thinks the world revolves around them is going to take to the forums - in this case forums that aren't affiliated nor staffed by Blizzard employees - to have a little rant. Quite frankly it's becoming sickening.

Why can't people accept the fact different people like different things, and levelling is no exception. I don't -hate- levelling. If it's new content I enjoy it, if it's content I already did, I find it rather mundane, but at the end of the day one thing's for certain: levelling is a joke right now, a complete and total joke. But you won't see me going to MMOC to go 'Waaaah waaaaah levelling is so bad!' Heck if I wanted to provide feedback on something I felt needs work, I would do it on the official forums because ranting about it here accomplishes absolutely nothing constructive whatsoever.
    Last edited by Will; 2016-05-27 at 07:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Because that is what the players want.
    All of them? really? I think not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    I HATE leveling. Not because it's not hard, but because it's boring. And it's not boring because it's not hard, it's boring because:
    • The classes are not interesting before max level
    • We've been doing the same kind of quests over and over for 10 years
    • The leveling zones are empty
    • The gameplay is painfully slow
    • It's just a part that I don't have any interest in but that is 100% mandatory for the other 90% of the game

The only logical reason for Blizzard to increase the time needed to go to level 100 is for the new players they're expecting to come with the movie (which is probably not going to be a large number anyway), but
    • New players are not experienced in the game, so it's going to take them a lot of time anyway
    • They don't have access to heirlooms

Considering this, and the fact that the leveling experience is bad (and not because it's "too fast"), I really, really, really don't understand why is Blizzard punishing the current players for the sake of providing a slightly better experience to players that are most likely going to stop after the free month.

And actually, I'm not even concerned directly by the change since I already have all classes at least level 90.
    I hear you man with CRZ it's apain in ass to level so why make it harder just gonna make people wanna wear full heirlooms and use 300% exp gain potions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I hear you man with CRZ it's apain in ass to level so why make it harder just gonna make people wanna wear full heirlooms and use 300% exp gain potions.
    Hell it'll most likely increase the sell of boosted 100's even more i mean no-ones gonna wanna bother leveling a character to 60 now for the veteran bonus most folks prolly already have all their profs they need, so yeah people will be using the buy 100's alot.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    The are giving Pro-Legacy people what they want, and the rest of us have to eat it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    All of them? really? I think not.
    No one can ever give everyone everything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    And here we go again... Hundreds of posts how leveling is to easy, begging blizzard to make it harder, more like it was in vanilla. How its to fast, dungeons to easy, etc etc etc...

And then when Blizz starts fixing the problem, BOOM, another half of people starts complaining about it.
    They are not "fixing" the problem just putting a band-aid around it and they still don't care about the game. When CATA came Blizzard really should of shut down Vanilla, TBC and Northrend and make Catalysm the new base expansion rather than rely on a switchroo between CATA and the old content.

The only thing they can do is to close off both the Lich King storyline and the Legion-old god storyline after it's finish and begin anew. The story is waaaayyyyy to hack up right now. Instead of saying leveling is too easy, how about I propose this to you. Start a character a new and start playing it from level 1 you'll see how stupid the storyline and lore is right now and realize that OUTLAND, Northrend and Vanilla content should never be in there since the story is done and dusted.

To futhur emphasis the point:

Imagine this you play Catalysm and suddenly at level 30 your thrown in Warcraft III storyline back in the 90s that's how stupid the game is right now, that's what the Cavern's of Time is for deregulate old content like what they did in FFXIV:ARR , old memorable raids and old memorable events that happen in past should just be there like the Hjyal Raid, Thralls rescue, the opening of the black portal.

LFD and LFR has really got nothing to do with it... It's blizzard being lazy and embarrassed that they can't clean up the shit which is mess between the old trilogy and the new base and it's expansions. They are catering to the veterans and pushing people into the new expansion instead of letting the stories play out since they have phasing...., things could of being linked between expansions like in Cata -> purchase house -> MOP -> moved to Sunsong Ranch -> WOD -> Sunsong Ranch moved to Garrison -> Legion -> Followers trained become your champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Because that is what the players want.
    players :"we want a great experience like we had back in vanilla" Blizzard: "oh so you want the long slog experience grind and not the great social experience you used to have, great idea, we can sell more pre leveled characters that way...Blizzard is just hearing what they want to hear that is lazy and profitable.

Well, it's a step in the right direction - the levelling was way too easy, so making it a bit more engaging will make the whole experience a bit more meaningful. So sure, if someone wants to have a more immersive gameplay experience during levelling, not facerolling through everything will help, but...

I think the major issue isn't with the game, but with the players themselves. There's a loooot of people who, no matter how fun, engaging and enjoyable a piece of content is, will just want to "race to the end-game". I get this impression that the amount of players who are willing to take their time and just have fun in the game is somewhat lower than what it used to be be back in the day and a huge amount of folks are simply obsessed with "end-game".

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    players :"we want a great experience like we had back in vanilla" Blizzard: "oh so you want the long slog experience grind and not the great social experience you used to have, great idea, we can sell more pre leveled characters that way...Blizzard is just hearing what they want to hear that is lazy and profitable.
    They heard "We dont want to 1 shot mobs. We dont want to ding every 5 mins. We want to be attached to our characters. You're the one hearing what you want to hear.

Deleted
    problem is with old game design... we have tons of quests in wow but they are all the same. Only thing that comes to my mind is to make less quests but more interesting. Look at Witcher 3, there are some filler quests but majority is quite interesting because even if they are simple in concept they have some layers of choices.

Because the Warcraft Movie is going to bring in a lot of new players and when the Hearthstone promotion happened the biggest feedback on the low level experience from new players was that one shotting everything and having insane health regen was a poor experience.

So it's back to around where it was in Wrath-ish.

Because all those kids clamoring for classic (for the wrong reasons.)
    Yay, leveling content from how many years ago! Can't wait.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The game promotes spamming dungeons with people you won't talk to and disregarding a large portion of world content because it's hands down the quickest way to level. This was a design mistake on their part and it appears they want to correct that.

You people have no idea how spoiled you are when it comes to the ease and pace of leveling. So when they slow it down a bit, to a point where its still incredibly accelerated compared to what it could be (and probably should be if anybody is going to get anything meaningful of out leveling), you ought to be thankful that a single level doesn't take the better part of the day or that this game doesn't incorporate EXP loss on death.

For the record, 100-110 takes less than a day of straight questing - no dungeons, so I don't think you should worry about what's coming with Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money plus

Deleted
    110 levels is going to put most new people off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    110 levels is going to put most new people off
    i doubt it. especially with boosts.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i doubt it. especially with boosts.
    Can new players also use the boost on their very first character? I thought it worked like the hero classes, where you need at least one leveled character on your account?!

Nope nope, and nope.