Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well he did die
    What is dead can never die, but rises again, stronger?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    There's such a huge backlash against this too. I know they're gonna change it. They probably just did it because of shock value so more people would buy the comic just to read it and say to themselves "oh well that wasn't so bad what was the big deal?". They're gonna dangle the idea that captain America is really a nazi over our heads for a few months then they'll reveal that he's just a triple agent or something and he'll be back to normal.
    That's what I'm thinking. He's going to write Cap off as "he's actually a super secret undercover SHIELD Agent posing as a deep cover Hydra agent posing as a Shield agent!" And we all realize ANAD Marvel is just as shmucky and lined with plotholes as comics have ever been, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yes I know, one that most of the people complaining didn't know was being launched.

Honestly the whole thing reeks of being a publicity stunt.
    Said before several times, "controversy sells."

As someone who read comics in the 90's and is used to constant reboot/reset characters this just seems par for the course.

Shoutouts to ironman murders other avengers and is an ultra baddie hidden in the avengers storyline and Peter Parker is a fucking clone since the 70's.

Damn it. A complex hoax I think. Found this gem on Reddit, safe to say this isn't just a dick-pull move. There was buildup to this unlike what the fans have been freaking out about. Since I'm an unlimited member this new comic isn't available to me yet, so I wasn't able to see the context of what was going on before ranting. Sorry everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/G9Wjooz.jpg
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-05-27 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Damn it. A complex hoax I think. Found this gem on Reddit, safe to say this isn't just a dick-pull move. There was buildup to this unlike what the fans have been freaking out about. Since I'm an unlimited member this new comic isn't available to me yet, so I wasn't able to see the context of what was going on before ranting. Sorry everyone.

Well, then CNN got pranked; http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/25/medi...-comics-hydra/

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Mind control isn't responsible:

Writer Nick Spencer spoke with Entertainment Weekly about the reveal, solidifying the fact that this is Steve Rogers. "[T]he one thing we can say unequivocally is: This is not a clone, not an imposter, not mind control, not someone else acting through Steve," said Spencer. "This really is Steve Rogers, Captain America himself."

Looking at that image...damn. Things really have gone downhill story-wise.
    They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, those panels are both hilarious and show exactly how terrible this is. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    As a long time fan of Cap...
    I ... I can't even...
    Yea...
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The article already says its the real Captain America and won't be a clone, brainwashed, etc. Basically making it sound like it's going to stick no matter what fans want. Unless they write it completely out of the storyline and make it a "What If" type situation.
    sentient cosmic cube rewrote history, so they arent technically lying.

its caps anniversary. no way they celebrate his history by revealing hes a nazi. this will end with cap being more cap than ever.. somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh god, those panels are both hilarious and show exactly how terrible this is. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    i think people need to calm down and remember superior spider-man, one of the all time best runs of spider-man.
    everyone lost their shit when doc ock stole peters body and peter got the ultimate fuck you for all his heroism but it ended up being a story that was not only refreshing and amazing but reinforced everything that made spider-man spider-man and everything peter stood for.

this could end up as bad as it seems at first, or it could be caps superior.

either way you guys know this wont last so calm down.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think people need to calm down and remember superior spider-man
    I was about to tell you to read my posts, but apparently what I typed yesterday didn't get entered. I had an entire post talking about how this is the exact opposite of Superior Spidey...which did this kind of thing correctly. So since I really don't want to get into that, the way they were handled are polar opposites. One doesn't undermine an entire character so much as provide a new narrative in a creative way without harming the real character.

This is not that. So yeah, don't tell other people to calm down...they can feel how they please. This is shit, regardless of how it resolves.
    BAD WOLF

I hated Superior Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I was about to tell you to read my posts, but apparently what I typed yesterday didn't get entered. I had an entire post talking about how this is the exact opposite of Superior Spidey...which did this kind of thing correctly. So since I really don't want to get into that, the way they were handled are polar opposites. One doesn't undermine an entire character so much as provide a new narrative in a creative way without harming the real character.

This is not that. So yeah, don't tell other people to calm down...they can feel how they please. This is shit, regardless of how it resolves.
    if a sentient cosmic cube changed caps history i dont see how thats much different than doc ock imprinting his personality on peters mind.

this is issue 1 of a story. we have no idea how its going to turn out.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if a sentient cosmic cube changed caps history i dont see how thats much different than doc ock imprinting his personality on peters mind.

this is issue 1 of a story. we have no idea how its going to turn out.
    It's because of how they carried it out, so yeah...it's very different. This is pulling the rug out from under people. This is why I said anyway it resolves, it was shit. It's like how TWD teased Glenn's death for half a season when he really just climbed under a dumpster with physics that don't exist in this world. This isn't really a new hat for comics, but it's a really poor choice of character and method.

It's essentially a click bait comic. Just look at how awful that is to read. :-/
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Deadpool.... YOU MONSTER!

Deadpool doesn't like Chimichangas but he likes how the word sounds.

So can we punch the writer who thought this was a good idea?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor