Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nope, you got it as a reward for doing some quest in Zul'Farrak dungeon.
    Nope, you started the chain quest in 1k Needles Shimmering Flats, and it ended in Shimmering Flats. Thu-sly it was given in Shimming Flats.

The shimmering flats was cool, but the proper part of the zone was nothing special to me.
    I don't fondly look back at zones that had nothing but leveling content in them though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    The racetrack was cool but I hardly ever visited Thousand Needles, so I don't miss it specifically too much. There are definite aspects of the old world that I miss or that I feel bad that new players won't ever get to experience (Tirion's Plaguelands chain, or the end of the Onxyia attunement chain for Alliance, etc), but overall I'm glad they updated the world.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Being an old Lock/Druid from TBC, I certinally miss doing the leatherwork specialization part on the border to Feralas/Thousand Needles, memory fuzzy, the NPC (Caryssia Moonhunter (note; <-- this is the Alliance one)) resided in old Feralas, but it was literally a few meters (or yards) away from being in Thousand Needles.

Yes, feeling nostalgic, I certainly miss the old 1k Needles, but even I am not dumb enough to actually implant the old system, reverting the current quest line into some wombo-jumbo of a mess, at least for the Alliance in that zone.
    Also, if my memory serves me well, that was also the place where we (Locks) "bound" our dearest Felhound in level 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The racetrack was cool but I hardly ever visited Thousand Needles, so I don't miss it specifically too much. There are definite aspects of the old world that I miss or that I feel bad that new players won't ever get to experience (Tirion's Plaguelands chain, or the end of the Onxyia attunement chain for Alliance, etc), but overall I'm glad they updated the world.
    Ah yes, Lady Katrana Prestor.

Spoiler: 

Nothing's like a good masquerade,

Spoiler: 

At the end of the day.
    I still remember being there and was (obviously) surprised seeing a big black dragon in the middle of Stormwin, as a NElf Hunter in his (level) 20s, and getting killed by her/it. Ah, fun times, fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalene View Post
    Also, if my memory serves me well, that was also the place where we (Locks) "bound" our dearest Felhound in level 30.
    I think that was Desolace but holy fuck that was a long time ago

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Desolace.

Fck. Vanilla. Desolace.
    I fucking loved Desolace in vanilla. The whole different centaur clan thing made it feel like for the first time I had a choice.

Also it literally felt like the end of the world, it was great.

I liked the old one because it was one of the zones that really felt HUGE and made you feel tiny. One of my favorite places for sunsets as well. New one is probably my least fav of the cata revamps.

I do wish you could choose how to do 1-60. Or that your first time doing 1-60 was the old way. Increase replay maybe.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-05-27 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think that was Desolace but holy fuck that was a long time ago
    Tried to retrace the Felhunter quest, and it was indeed Thousand Needles.. For a page of the tome used to summon it. The 2008/oldest comment (although for some odd reason downvoted).

7+ Year Old Account
    While i do really enjoy the story-line of new TN, i would say, that the zone rework is a miss from blizzards side.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Desolace.

Fck. Vanilla. Desolace.
    Pretty much this... Hey guys, we have a quest for you! You only need to kill 300 centaurs before you even have the rep to start the questline... Gosh I regretted dabbling with it so much.

1000 needles I liked, because it was quiet, away from everyone else, especially as Alliance, even though then you had only Shimmering Flats, rest of the zone was Horde only quests. I hate underwater questing so obviously not a fan of the revamp. Especially you constantly have to dive - emerge to mount - dive again - rinse and repeat.

I use to go to TN with my bros and just screw around jumping all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

The Cataclysm improved some zones like Stonetalon, Badlands or Swamps of Sorrow which were truly lacking and dissapointing but it has also ruined many great zones like 1K Needles. I still miss it. It was a great and majestic zone. The quests were ok-ish but the prowlers and hyenas were so annoying.

I miss the barrens and specially the barrens chat

I miss all of old Azeroth. Pretty cata was the best.

Not at all. It was bland as fuck, visually unappealing,boring quest lines and confusing as fuck pathing to get up to certain places in order to cap quests. WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Shimmering Flats due to its beautiful looks and epic feel (also the race track).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't. I quested there a couple times and never liked it. Do I miss other original zones? Yes.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Loooots of zones and how they looked I miss, but mostly I miss particular quest chains; one of the areas being Silverpine Forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    That tiger in the cage on the road "Oh fuck shit run!" back when it would automatically open after killing the mobs.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2016-05-27 at 11:51 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I can't think of a single zone that improved with Cataclysm.
    Blasted Lands? Yeah that is the only one I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a love/hate relationship with old Thousand Needles. When it comes to the new version, I don't even know how to get in there!