Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    yeah, skill, thats why she has multiple get out of jail free cards and a free health bar refill
    Which means she won't die unless she goes over the line and actually risks dying for potential kills. It's easy to stay alive with Tracer forever, it's hard to stay alive while actually being useful, since only Reaper has to get as close as Tracer does in order to do real damage (well, McCree too, but McCree has a stun and insta-kill mechanic, which keep him safe unless he fucks up, he also has long range on his primary fire).
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Tracer ult attributes:
    - Instant high applied damage (no ramp up like Reaper or Farah)
    - One shots non-tanks
    - Decent AoE
    - High mobility/recovery means applying the ult is mostly risk-free and easy
    - Excellent synergy with other ultimates and abilities
    - Good recharge rate
    - Good for whittling down Reinhardt or taking out an entrenched Bastion
    - Support killer when near a tank
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-05-27 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And almost - because of Zaryas' barrier (won't help if you have less than 350 health)
    You are wrong here. Zarya's barrier absorbs overkill damage easily.
    I've saved people with it countless times. Had a game yesterday where Tracer blinks in, slaps a bomb on top of our Widowmaker, rewinds out, I throw a barrier on Widow, explosion goes off, I get 50 charge, Widow is on full health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You are wrong here. Zarya's barrier absorbs overkill damage easily.
    I've saved people with it countless times. Had a game yesterday where Tracer blinks in, slaps a bomb on top of our Widowmaker, rewinds out, I throw a barrier on Widow, explosion goes off, I get 50 charge, Widow is on full health.
    barrier gives you 200 health, if you have less than 200 health and get barrier on you - you die from her ult anyways.
    Widowmaker has 200 health, + 200 from barrier = she is dead from a single pulse bomb.
    Even if she had armour from Torbjorn+Symetra shield on - she would end up with 100 health, not with "full" health.

The only way to make some sense out of your story is to say that bomb wasn't slapped on Widowmaker, instead, it was thrown somewhere near her, she managed to get away from center of explosion and got only half of its damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

ive seen that ult kill 5 people in beta, tracer is a mean little bitch IF you know how to play her.

i hate her, but i respect the skill it takes to play her properly
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Reyvah View Post
    You can't look at damage in a vacuum.
    Using Junkrat's ultimate you become a stationary target. The tire can also be destroyed before it reaches the target.
    To be fair, even if you die as Junkrat, you still get to finish using the ult if you started.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I think that using system like this is cheating, human can't locate things "from behind" with his ears, he can locate that something is behind, but to left, or right, or leftleft right, or rightright left - nope.
    But stuff like 7.1 surround sound simulates that pretty well, and you are able to locate where things behind you actually are because sounds goes right into your ear, instead from behind of you.

I bet you don't want to read my gibberish about human ears, so this article explains it pretty well http://ehomerecordingstudio.com/binaural-hearing/
    Ok I didn't read word for word, but I still skimmed it pretty thoroughly, especially about how your brain tells you where the sound is probably coming from. Sounds like to me, your brain CAN have a good estimate about if the sound is coming from behind, especially since if you're looking forward already, than there's obviously a good chance they may be behind you. lol

and as far as cheating, just because I'm using a moderately priced headset is pretty absurd to me. Should everyone be restricted to cheap ass ear plugs or just some 20 dollar desktop speakers???? Would it be fair then???

I get what you're saying, kind of. But when someone is walking behind me and they step on some leaves, I do in fact have a very good sense that YEA, they're behind me. Now wether they are on the left or right or directly behind me. That'd be hard to detect. But I don't see how using Surround Sound is cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    GIS and image recognition linked to AR.
    I disagree.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    That thing is insanely powerful, if u time it right you can kill 2-3 people with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    barrier gives you 200 health, if you have less than 200 health and get barrier on you - you die from her ult anyways.
    Widowmaker has 200 health, + 200 from barrier = she is dead from a single pulse bomb.
    Even if she had armour from Torbjorn+Symetra shield on - she would end up with 100 health, not with "full" health.

The only way to make some sense out of your story is to say that bomb wasn't slapped on Widowmaker, instead, it was thrown somewhere near her, she managed to get away from center of explosion and got only half of its damage
    Sorry freindo, you are wrong. Zarya bubbles completely absorb large sources of damage above its cap.

You can easily test this with a single friend in a custom game. I suggest you do so to prevent the spread of inaccurate information.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Yeah, her bubble eats a RIP-tire damage. And gives you 50 energy to boot.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I think it's just fine. Tracer, Genji, and Reaper are mostly designed to be backline harassers that distract and/or pick off weaker unsuspecting targets and that's really what her ult does best. You can also get lucky if the enemy is clumped and get a bunch of kills. The hero itself is harder to play than most other ones, sure, but if you can play her properly you'll find plenty of good usages for her ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Sorry freindo, you are wrong. Zarya bubbles completely absorb large sources of damage above its cap.

You can easily test this with a single friend in a custom game. I suggest you do so to prevent the spread of inaccurate information.
    Yup, it works like AMS for death knights in WoW (or at least how it used to, not sure about now) in that sense. Even if there is 1 hp left on the barrier it will be able to absorb something like a D.Va ult fully.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    If it was up to me I would increase the range a little atleast. Feels like if you do not get the ult on someone it will be dodged by ANYONE. Even a fast bastion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    If it was up to me I would increase the range a little atleast. Feels like if you do not get the ult on someone it will be dodged by ANYONE. Even a fast bastion
    yeah thats about all i would do, the damage and recharge speed is fine i think, but would be nice if she threw it further than 2 foot in front of her :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah thats about all i would do, the damage and recharge speed is fine i think, but would be nice if she threw it further than 2 foot in front of her :|
    Yea. And if it would explode in a bigger radius than Winston.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea. And if it would explode in a bigger radius than Winston.
    i dont know what the radius if im honest, i usually jsut throw it then hit E instantly and hope it got a kill :P never stuck around to watch. and when its an enemy tracer im usually panicking. even if i dont need to recall, i got my self into the habbit of as soon as i press Q, i hit E, not always the best idea, but its usually safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

Her personal barrier absorbs 200 400 damage (it's really weird, single application of Tracer ult takes down the barrier and leaves you with 395 health, but two rockets from Phara take it down completely), projected barrier absorbs 400, so, yeah, you can save someone from pulse bomb, but that's it, it doesn't "completely absorb large sources of damage above its cap", it's simply 400 extra HP, protection from headshots, protection from negative effects for 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah, her bubble eats a RIP-tire damage. And gives you 50 energy to boot.
    No, rip-tire damage is 600, this one will definitely break projected barrier and deal 200 on top of that
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-28 at 01:42 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Actually, it does do exactly that. It's more like Divine Shield in Hearthstone where it'll simply eat 50,000 damage if it hits in one shot.

(But yeah, it also has HP, so just 1 point of damage won't break it.)
    Wow, i guess you are right, it just stops as soon as you get 50 energy from it, now the question is, how much energy 1 point of damage gives you. Melee on a shield gave me 15 energy, so, i guess, it's 2 damage per 1 energy? So far it absorbed 2 reaper bodyshots (280) and i ended up with 50. D'va ult (1k) and gave me 50. Rip-tire (600) 50. Pulse bomb (400) 50 (but it left me with 395 health)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-28 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It is an ult that can't be stopped short of Genji reflecting it back on her. The other ults are entirely avoidable and if you are getting hit by them then thats on you.
    mei?
    lucio?

do i keep going?