Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It depends on how you and your significant other feel about things. If you don't know and havent' discussed it, the default would be no, it's not okay.

Cheating is always a positive for all parties involved.

I would know.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2016-05-27 at 09:29 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    No, I am not ok with cheating. Which this obviously is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the point of being committed that you WON'T be screwing around on the side?
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Obviously it is cheating, if you want to "sample the fruits" so to speak talk to your girlfriend about an open relationship or take a break. Sleeping around behind your partner's back destroys trust and also increases the likelihood of passing around STDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Depends on the nature of the open relationship, though I think most are more, "you can have 1 night stands with random people, use protection," and not so much, "you can sleep with someone you have feelings for repeatedly."
    right, but it's still cheating. You're in a relationship with a person and just having sex with another 1 or more. If both sides are good with it fine, but that doesn't mean all of a sudden it's not cheating.
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by fredsterr View Post
    right, but it's still cheating. You're in a relationship with a person and just having sex with another 1 or more. If both sides are good with it fine, but that doesn't mean all of a sudden it's not cheating.
    It's not cheating if it's agreed to beforehand.

So is cheating cheating? What.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I assume it is the lead in to a gotcha statment from Jaylock at some point, e.g. if cheating is cheating, then that proves that abortion is murder, or some such random leap in logic.
    Nah, a gotcha' question is when you ask someone
    "What newspapers do you prefer to read?" to which they naturally respond,
    "All of them." - and then you hit them with the Gotcha' question,
    "Name one.": WHAT IS THIS THE MCAT?!?!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you okay with the idea of being in a committed relationship, but having a little fling on the side with maybe a co-worker?

Would that be considered cheating if you are totally committed to your girlfriend / wife, but you wanted to "try a variety of fruits" if you will?
    What your wife or girlfriend doesn't know won't hurt her. Smash that slut from work and don't ever tell your chick. Life is too short not to bang everyone you can. You don't want to look up and be 60 and regret not being more adventurous

Along with everyone else, that is cheating.

Here's the thing, a little analogy: Once you dip your foot into the pool you will want to swim, once you swim you will want to dive, once you dive you will want to swim under water, once you swim under water you will want to swim in a larger pool, once you progress to a larger pool, then soon a lake and so on and so forth.

What I mean by that is once you start you will not stop. Not in this relationship nor the future ones you have. Once you cross this line it will become acceptable to you that this is ok to cross and you can push it "this time by going farther". It is the thrill of being deviate you become addicted too, the thrill of the chase, not getting caught. So ask yourself this, if you want to start down a dirty path then by all means take the plunge but be aware and take responsibility for the consequences. Also note this, if you get an STD and your SO is NOT cheating, she comes down with this STD and test positive for it. And in this day and age she can sue you for damages. If you are married, it is grounds for divorce on that alone. It's not just a fling for your dick, there are real world consequences for your actions.

I never cheated, have been cheated on many times. Cold-Cut communication and left each time. I have no reason to communicate with you after you prove your disloyalty to me like that. You become untrustworthy and not worth talking to. /ghost_on

Totally cheating, totally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It's 100% cheating. Don't cheat.
    This.. Id never do it and if Id find out my BF slept with anyone else, even once, it would be over. No second chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Cheating" is breaking trust between two people by doing something and hiding it from the other person. If you are not hiding it, or if you know the person is okay with it, then it is not cheating. Whether it is "okay" depends on the relationship, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you okay with the idea of being in a committed relationship, but having a little fling on the side with maybe a co-worker?

Would that be considered cheating if you are totally committed to your girlfriend / wife, but you wanted to "try a variety of fruits" if you will?
    It's cheating. And scummy.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted

They don't mix, EVER!
    It will always end in disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    They don't mix, EVER!
    It will always end in disaster.
    Why not? "Committed relationship" just denotes that you take your relationship very seriously, no? If so, an open relationship, for example, can be a committed relationship - although it would probably imply that you give to this partner much more attention and significance than to anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Best person to ask is your partner.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

It sounds like cheating. If both partners know that a little fling on the side is cool, then it's cool. If, however, one person just wants to lock down their partner's sexual activity with the lie that they won't sleep with other people, then they're just being an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    What your wife or girlfriend doesn't know won't hurt her. Smash that slut from work and don't ever tell your chick. Life is too short not to bang everyone you can. You don't want to look up and be 60 and regret not being more adventurous
    It might surprise you, but there are other people out there who are not unfaithful jerks.