Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it me or is D.VA's ult kinda bad?

It does wonders in low levels when people are learning the game. But after people learn how to play its just so easy to get out of its way.
    its very hard to kill some one with it since not only does she say "nerf this" but her robot also starts to flash and makes bewbewbew noises.

I can't remember the last time i got killed by a d.va ult or i managed to kill some one with it.

What do you guys think? P.S im lvl 35

Deleted
    i think i died to it once in beta, not since then though. its stupidly easy to get out the way of, literally any obstacle, even a thin pillar will block the explosion.

As far as killing people it's fairly weak because of how easy it is to avoid but, using it to force the enemy team off the point while yours charges in to take it is effective when done well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only useful if nobody is paying attention. You have to know when to do it and has to be done out in the open so enemy players can't find cover. Other than that, yeah it's pretty lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    As far as killing people it's fairly weak because of how easy it is to avoid but, using it to force the enemy team off the point while yours charges in to take it is effective when done well.
    it is good for clearing an area as it forces people to hide, i find hanzos the same, useless for killing competent players, but great for clearing space.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to leave this here: https://twitter.com/themissesmae/sta...71521055707139

An example of the skill cap involved with her ult.
    Last edited by Crim IRL; 2016-05-28 at 02:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is alright. I pretty much forces the enemy team to clear an area, D.Va looses little by using it and it is pretty much an insta death if people don't move away quick enough. It is not bad, its not OP, its just balanced. You can use it as crowd control or as a pusher.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It shouldn't really kill anyone unless they are stuck in place by gravity or frozen by Mei's ult, but it does force the enemy team to scatter away and out of sight of it, which could be perfect for messing with a team's organization.

I usually use it in a bottleneck, to push the other team to go another direction where my team(and a bastion) are waiting.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

was OP in alpha would level half the map it felt like... i used and would always get full power to call down another..... so they nerfed it, maybe 2 much idk haven't had a chance to play since release.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It forces the enemy to break their positioning and scatter while yours take up their positions. Plus the more creative dva experts know how to launch her bomb from behind barriers, through windows and entrances with expert skill to reveal it only when its too late to escape it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim IRL View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here: https://twitter.com/themissesmae/sta...71521055707139

An example of the skip cap involved with her ult.
    Holy crap... that was REALLY impressive. I wonder how much practice something like that would take to get right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim IRL View Post

An example of the skip cap involved with her ult.
    I haven't used it quite like that, but yeah, charge + ult makes for a surprised enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Holy crap... that was REALLY impressive. I wonder how much practice something like that would take to get right?
    I don't know but it sure looks like a lot of fun trying to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    It does wonders in low levels when people are learning the game. But after people learn how to play its just so easy to get out of its way.
    its very hard to kill some one with it since not only does she say "nerf this" but her robot also starts to flash and makes bewbewbew noises.

I can't remember the last time i got killed by a d.va ult or i managed to kill some one with it.

What do you guys think? P.S im lvl 35
    Most ultis have big warnings. D.Va's is great because it instantly clears out any area and doesnt kill your team mates. Now it isn't as good as lets say 76's or Genjis, but it is extremely powerful in terms of taking objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I haven't used it quite like that, but yeah, charge + ult makes for a surprised enemy.
    Yeah it is really nice to use the charge to shoot the mech into areas to flush out the enemy. But damn using it as a lobbed grenade like that is bad ass.

If you're used to playing FPS games then probably not much for that stunt specifically; you do stuff like that fairly often with grenades and their analogues in FPS games. A lot of it is guessing and luck.

That specific shot he probably didn't practice. But people use this pretty regularly. ItmeJP does this all the time and it works well.

Her ult isn't supposed to be "Kill everyone!" It's to gain a location or push the enemy off of one. If they don't respect it, they die. But then it can also be used with the boost for a surprise boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are using her ult for kills you are doing it wrong. Her ult is meant to make people gtfo from an area so your teammates can push. Any kills is just bonus. Unless you have a combo with Mei or Zaraya's ult

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just you. D.Va's ult is really useful in many situations, there's just so many new people playing her that don't know how to use the ult and it's making her look bad.