Poll: The bombing

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You cant claim that no one is innocent and then say theyre innocent but accepted casualties of war... you cant flip flop like that and expect to have anyone consider what youre saying to have any merit..
    lol what?

People always calling people 'innocent' in discussions of war is my one greatest annoyance.

- - - Updated - - -

Presenting facts in the face of feelings?
    funny since your arguments revolve around feelings/emotion
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    Okay so what your saying we should have continued to bomb them in the air and put a naval blockade in place. That way millions more civilians died of starvation.
    Considering they were already suing for peace several months before the bomb was dropped it wouldn't result in the death of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Actually those deaths are less than some reports indicate. Not that a few thousand deaths are good, but the idea that dropping a nuke somewhere destroys a normal sized country simply isn't true.
    Who said country? It destroyed 90% of Hiroshima though!
    http://www.world-nuclear.org/informa...ns-testin.aspx

No it wasn't necessary, it was essentially a war crime as we killed mostly innocent civilians. One might describe what we did as terroristic. Why don't we just drop atomic nukes on ISIL without any regard of where innocent people might live?.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lol what?

People always calling people 'innocent' in discussions of war is my one greatest annoyance.

- - - Updated - - -

funny since your arguments revolve around feelings/emotion
    No, UCLA reports and findings are not my feelings.

Children are fucking innocent victims! How the fuck do you not see that?

Deleted
    We did test them. Those tests showed they can explode properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Do explain Mr. Eugenik

What CRIME are they innocent of?
    War is not divded between the innocent and guilty.
    Let's create a hypothetical situation where Germany had developed a bomb powerful enough to kill all people in the USA. Would you be ok with them dropping that bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Chernobyl disagrees.
    It was not the nuclear fuel at Chernobyl that exploded, it was super-heated steam. There was no nuclear detonation.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, UCLA reports and findings are not my feelings.

Children are fucking innocent victims! How the fuck do you not see that?
    Still waiting for an answer here buddy.

Innocent of what? What crime did they not commit that makes them innocent?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It was not the nuclear fuel at Chernobyl that exploded, it was super-heated steam. There was no nuclear detonation.
    He didnt say detonation, he said explosion and a reactor at Chernobyl categorically exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    Read about Operation Downfall and you'll quickly realize how disastrous that would have been for both sides if the ground invasion had taken place.
    Again, the full range of intelligence reveals that a ground invasion would have been completely unnecessary. Whether US command had that full range of information is in doubt, and starvation from a naval blockade would likely have taken many Japanese lives anyway, but there were options other than "nuke them" and "full-scale ground war."

Still waiting for an answer here buddy.

Innocent of what? What crime did they not commit that makes them innocent?
    Are you kidding me? What crime didnt children commit? Youre out of your mind...

He didnt say detonation, he said explosions and a reactor at Chernobyl categorically exploded.
    Read my original quote.

Nuclear fuel for power plants is not nearly pure enough to explode.
    The discussion was about the explosive power of nuclear fuel.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IT was mostly America flexing it's dick. Not necessary, mostly evil.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me? What crime didnt children commit? Youre out of your mind...
    suuuuuuu whats the answer then buddy?

If there is no crime there is nothing to be innocent of.

Read my original quote.

The discussion was about the explosive power of nuclear fuel.
    Alright, Ill concede that point...

- - - Updated - - -

suuuuuuu whats the answer then buddy?

If there is no crime there is nothing to be innocent of.
    That youre a fucking idiot, clearly and most obviously. Children are as innocent as innocent gets your mongoloid relic.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-28 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say whether it was necessary but at that time humanity had enter an era of new found knowledge and conflict, we managed to make a choice to end one of the most devastating wars humanity ever fought, so many lives thrown away over maniacal idealism built by people who refused the ideas of reasoning and common sense...Japan suffered for that and humanity suffered as a whole. I pray to whatever powers that be weather it be, man or some higher truth that we never walk that path again.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2016-05-28 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I can't say whether it was necessary but at that time humanity had enter an era of new found knowledge and conflict, we managed to make a choice to end one of the most devastating wars humanity ever fought, so many lives thrown away over maniacal idealism built by people who refused the ideas of reasoning and common sense...Japan suffered for that and humanity suffered as a whole. I pray to whatever powers that be weather it be, man or some higher truth that we never walk that path again.
    Before I get banned for a bit, I want to say that you articulated that very well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That youre a fucking idiot, clearly and most obviously
    Understand how guilty and innocent work?
    There has to be a something to be guilty or innocent of.
    If there isn't then your neither guilty nor innocent. Your just a regular person.

While the atomic bombings were horrific. The war in general was horrific. The constant firebombings of cities on both fronts, the enslaved "comfort girls", the impressment of civilians into the military, are among just countless atrocities committed. Do I think nuking Japan was a necessary evil? I think it was about as necessary as the Japanese viewed Pearl Harbor. It would give us the edge we needed to win. In our case it worked.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was necessary but it was NOT evil. It saved American lives by ending a brutal war with an enemy that was committing horrible atrocities against women and POWs. We should be thankful and proud that America ended such brutality in such a convincing manner.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez