Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Really? Well, if it's "frightening", I'm sure you can find at least 10 videos of him doing it. Because, you know, "frightening amount".
    Cenk portraying the Crusades as an invasion instead of a response to Muslim extremists invading Christian lands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqR2_oh-Dc

Cenk equating Christian fanatics (by focusing on an exception) to Muslim fanatics when there are far far more Muslim fanatics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1mZ7L82ok

Cenk claiming there is good and bad in all religions and thereby equating them all when Muslim extremists are by far the worst extremists that commit terrorist attacks far more frequently. God he even blames slavery in the U.S. on Christians. If he keeps doing that we will tell the world who really owned the U.S. slave trade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAZJqYh3T_Y

The Young Turks equating Christian terrorists to Muslim terrorists (specifically by stating that both killed thousands but only within a limited context when globally Muslim extremists are a million times worse):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0p2HvG2wng

Cenk blaming the U.S. for the rise of Muslim extremists (by propping up Saudia Arabia for cheap oil) and the decline of secularism in the Middle East. I only mention this video because, once again, Cenk claims that it's only a small minority of both Muslims and Christians who are fanatics. Although that is true, Muslim extremists outnumber the combined armies of entire countries. He's right that we need to hunt down the root cause though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbkoiI5IYg

Cenk equating Muslim terrorists to Christian terrorists (again by only focusing on the U.S. where even then Christian terrorism is extremely rare -- not to mention it is against the core teachings of the Christian faith):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ea1-Wgvwyo

"We are forced into a position because of the rampant Islamophobia in the media and especially on the right that we have to like defend some level of equality between the religions. We don't want to do that. We hate ISIS here. We don't want anyone to get beheaded. We want to be able to go on the offensive but we can't because the other side right now is so crazy and so "racist" against Muslims around the world..."

- The Young Turks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t2QpBEUHk0

That says it all.

Cenk focusing on crimes committed by white people and Christians when discussing the Boston marathon bombing that was committed by Muslim terrorists. Right wing extremists aren't automatically Christians. Ideology and religion aren't the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbDlI-HE3w

The only reason I posted this video is because Cenk discusses how right wing extremists kill more people than Muslim extremists in the U.S. then he associates right wing extremists with "churches" towards the end. Right wing extremism and religion are two separate things that can potentially cross paths, but are nonetheless separate, but the implication here was clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DQiWTXE8E

Cenk creating a false equaivlency between the Bible and the Koran. Actions speak louder than words, and Muslim extremists commit far more vile atrocities far more often than Christians:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI2OBylwl0k

We hear about terrorist attacks committed by Muslim extremists *on a regular basis*. It's only a matter of time before people have had enough.

Cenk is not trustworthy.

I have a long memory.

I'm up in the air chasing a dream.

You must have your own misgivings about Cenk. He clearly has his own dark agenda.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2016-05-27 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    That wasn't 10 videos of Cenk using 12th century Christianity to defend modern Muslim extremists.

Deleted
    That wasn't 10 videos of Cenk using 12th century Christianity to defend modern Muslim extremists.
    Now you're being too literal and exacting for your own good. Considering you know how to read between the lines, I'm quite stunned that you would even hone in on that as a criticism.

The false equivalencies are all there. Since it is his operation, he is directly responsible for it.

Trust him at your own peril.

I've seen Cenk's contempt for Trump. Watch the demon come out.

But you don't have to believe me.

Deleted
    Now you're being too literal and exacting for your own good. Considering you know how to read between the lines, I'm quite stunned that you would even hone in on that as a criticism.
    You chose to use that hyperbolic language. You're the one at fault here. Next time, how about you try to be accurate with your criticism, instead of trying to act like you work for Fox News or something.

I have no problems criticizing Cenk when he's wrong, and he is wrong sometimes, definitely. The whole religious extremism -issue is a forbidden topic here, but I side more with Bill Maher than I do with Cenk. However, I think they're both dumbasses a lot of the time.

The problem is, with people like you, who use the kind of language that you do, is that you see things as massively black and white, and when someone doesn't and wants to debate the point, or say that your black and white -view of the world is wrong and it's more nuanced than that, then you immediately start throwing asinine hyperbole like that. I should know. I do it too. But I do it on purpose while knowing that I'm wrong.

And, of course Cenk has contempt for Trump. Everyone should have contempt for Trump. He's an asshole. Look into his past a bit more and you find all kinds of fun stuff, like allegations of raping his wife, the fact that he's basically "bought" three wives now, each younger than the one before. Then there's his mafia ties of course. All that fun stuff. Yeah, real swell guy that Trump. Slaps his name on stuff and thinks he's a businessman.

Deleted
    You chose to use that hyperbolic language. You're the one at fault here.
    No, you're too literal and exacting. That's a weakness.

All that matters is winning. If you want to be enslaved, feel free.

Next time, how about you try to be accurate with your criticism...
    I don't need to play by your exacting rules. Do you know what happens when I speak your language of pure facts? Few people listen. You certainly will, but the rest of the world won't.

But I will keep this in mind for the future.

I have no problems criticizing Cenk when he's wrong, and he is wrong sometimes, definitely. The whole religious extremism -issue is a forbidden topic here, but I side more with Bill Maher than I do with Cenk. However, I think they're both dumbasses a lot of the time.

The problem is, with people like you, who use the kind of language that you do, is that you see things as massively black and white, and when someone doesn't and wants to debate the point, or say that your black and white -view of the world is wrong and it's more nuanced than that, then you immediately start throwing asinine hyperbole like that. I should know. I do it too. But I do it on purpose while knowing that I'm wrong.

And, of course Cenk has contempt for Trump. Everyone should have contempt for Trump. He's an asshole. Look into his past a bit more and you find all kinds of fun stuff, like allegations of raping his wife, the fact that he's basically "bought" three wives now, each younger than the one before. Then there's his mafia ties of course. All that fun stuff. Yeah, real swell guy that Trump. Slaps his name on stuff and thinks he's a businessman.
    Cenk is one of the heads of the Hydra. It's clear to anyone with eyes where his true allegiances lie.

To hell with him.

The fact remains that Muslim extremists, vastly, vastly outnumber Christian extremists, but he and his network constantly portray the two as equals and opposites.

He's lying. Or to use your exacting language, he is being disingenuous. I wonder why?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That's kind of a weird set of events.

Stupid for Trump -- he could potentially have a lot to lose and regardless of whether or not Bernie looks good or bad, it's not likely to affect Hillary much.

Trump also needs to realize that Bernie is never going to run 3rd party. Bernie has already made statements that after the convention he's going to put all his support behind Hillary. He got what he wanted -- a seat at the table to draft the party platform. The Democratic civil war is almost over.
    Citation please...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump Won’t Debate ‘Second Place Finisher’ Bernie Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUMP
    Based on the fact that the Democratic nominating process is totally rigged and Crooked Hillary Clinton and Deborah Wasserman Schultz will not allow Bernie Sanders to win, and now that I am the presumptive Republican nominee, it seems inappropriate that I would debate the second place finisher. Likewise, the networks want to make a killing on these events and are not proving to be too generous to charitable causes, in this case, women’s health issues. Therefore, as much as I want to debate Bernie Sanders - and it would be an easy payday - I will wait to debate the first place finisher in the Democratic Party, probably Crooked Hillary Clinton, or whoever it may be.
    Look at how he gives a nod to the "BernieOrBust" nutters with their "rigged" election conspiracy bullshit. What a joke.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Cenk is one of the heads of the Hydra.
    I'd love for you to go into more detail about what the hell you're on about, but conspiracy theories aren't allowed on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/27/politi...inkId=24953015

Trump/Sanders debate not happening, Trump looks like a pussy per usual.
    He is blaming democrats for not letting Bernie win and the media for not paying 10-15 million for the debate to charity. His support will eat it up... I do like how Warren and Bernie respond to the guy, which might be an insight into what Hillary will do...

"I hope that he changes his mind again. Mr. Trump is known to change his mind many times in a day," Sanders said. "Trump is a bully, he's a big tough guy. Well, I say to Mr. Trump, what are you afraid of?"
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Could Trump be any more pathetic? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything that comes out of his mouth anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smart decision by Trump. And he shifts the blame mainly back on the media. Brilliant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He is blaming democrats for not letting Bernie win and the media for not paying 10-15 million for the debate to charity. His support will eat it up... I do like how Warren and Bernie respond to the guy, which might be an insight into what Hillary will do...
    A company offered to put up 10 million for them to do it. Which is why Trump went into his normal, "My mom is calling me" excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Smart decision by Trump. And he shifts the blame mainly back on the media. Brilliant.
    Cause he would have had his ass handed to him. And he knew it. He can blame the media but a company offered to put up the ten millions so that's a bullshit excuse. You really are becoming quite the Trump apologist. Quite sad to watch.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post

Cause he would have had his ass handed to him. And he knew it. He can blame the media but a company offered to put up the ten millions so that's a bullshit excuse. You really are becoming quite the Trump apologist. Quite sad to watch.
    I don't think Trump is scared of Sanders or would get his "ass handed to him" rather he feels it's a waste of time because Bernie is a non-factor. He wants Bernie to do just well enough to make Hillary look bad basically. But to get an idea of how irrelevant the Bern is, this is the most publicity he's gotten in a while and it's because Trump mentioned his name.

That being said I will say I'm somewhat disappointed and hope that this will still go down, it would be very interesting no doubt, but when you're running for President, I suppose you really don't have time to waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump strikes me as the type of guy that'd only pick fights against sure win opponents and would demure when faced with an opponent the caliber of which would make the outcome difficult to surmise.

In other words, he's a punk ass bitch.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Trump strikes me as the type of guy that'd only pick fights against sure win opponents and would demure when faced with an opponent the caliber of which would make the outcome difficult to surmise.

In other words, he's a punk ass bitch.
    Or as Bill Maher refers to him, a whiny little bitch.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Trump won't debate shit. He will flipflop until people either forget the supposed debate or the election comes.

They have already debated before :

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again, to the surprise of absolutely no one (except for perhaps some of his reality-denying deluded cultists), chickenshit Trump runs from a debate.

It's going to be real amusing to see what bullshit excuses he comes up with to avoid debating Clinton 1 on 1 - will he get lost, or will the dog eat his hall pass.

Trump supporters - I apologize for calling your con-artist cult leader "orange" before; it's obvious that he's actually yellow.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)