Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If I was born in 1969 does that make me 70's kid?

This whole 80's/90's/2000's thing is confusing.

Here is what i'm listening to right now while you guys figure this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=3dXR5Dk8YNw

10+ Year Old Account
    No it makes you an old man. Don't get a heart attack on us now geezer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you were born in 1969 you were fore sure not a child of the 60's, you didn't grow up in that decade and you can probably not remember anything from 1969 anyway.

I see myself as a 90's child.. But maybe thats just because I was born on December 25th 1989.

OMG I'm feeling old now.

Did you LIVE your youth in the 70s?

I've always thought this as living the 70s as 10 to 20 year old.

Because people who just shat themselves in the 70s/80s are no different than the people who shat themselves the next decade.

It means you were conceived at a Led Zeppelin concert.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It means you were conceived at a Led Zeppelin concert.
    it explains a few things.

Technically it makes you an 80s kid. You hit puberty around the time the 80s were coming in and spent your teenage years in the 1980s. Those are the formative years for taste and cultural references and the memories you harken back to for the ol' "back in my day" stories.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Many things.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Chelly
    Are you drunk Jayburner?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerchrist View Post
    Did you LIVE your youth in the 70s?

I've always thought this as living the 70s as 10 to 20 year old.

Because people who just shat themselves in the 70s/80s are no different than the people who shat themselves the next decade.
    Thats what I figured too. best childhood memories are from my 80's. So confusing. but I also lost my virginity too in 85. That seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panda View Post
    Thats what I figured too. best childhood memories are from my 80's. So confusing. but I also lost my virginity too in 85. That seems wrong.
    Sounds like an 80s kid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Technically it makes you an 80s kid. You hit puberty around the time the 80s were coming in and spent your teenage years in the 1980s. Those are the formative years for taste and cultural references and the memories you harken back to for the ol' "back in my day" stories.
    I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panda View Post
    Does it really matter though? I mean what decade you are seen as a kid in?

Deleted
    I consider myself 90's although i never use the expression 90's kid. born april 89

Interesting turn of events O.o

It doesn't matter.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was born in 1969 does that make me 70's kid?
    I would say probably yeah.

I've got the same deal, but born in '79. I don't really see myself as a 70s kid culturally speaking since I only existed post-birth in the 70s for a little over 8 months. The 80s is what I remember and what influenced the first decade of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was born in '89 and consider myself a 90's kid. I have more in common with someone born in '92 than I do someone born in '82.

Dinosaur thread I know, but I'd consider the OP a 70s kid, especially if he graduated in '87 with the late '68 borns. I personally consider you to be a child of the decade following the decade you were born in. I also consider manhood/womanhood to start at age 20, although I realize there are different levels (0-10 young childhood, 11-12 pre-teen, 13-17 primary teenager, with 18-19 being late teenager).

I'm of the belief that, a true "_ _" kid is someone that was born during the early years of the prior decade. For instance, to be a full-fledged 80s kid, IMO you'd ideally have been born 1970-1972. 70s kid, 1960-1962, on so forth. 9-19 is the idealist for me, because you were a young child, pre-teen, and teenager all in the same decade. Ages 8-18 being you graduated high school at the end of the decade, to ages 7-17 spending the core of your pre-18 years in said decade.

I was born in late Jan of '71 and I DEFINITELY consider myself an 80s kid. I'm a proud member of the class of '89 and this decade shaped my taste in everything from cartoons to music to sports to gaming(have never understood why so many people consider Phantasy Star IV > Phantasy Star II). This is why I never understand how someone born in the 80s considers themself an 80s kid and especially those born in the 90s claiming to be 90s kids, as they're from a different generation than the 80s borns, and 2 generation removed from myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I was born in '89 and consider myself a 90's kid. I have more in common with someone born in '92 than I do someone born in '82.
    Yeah, but as I mentioned above, you're from a different generation than the 90s babies (Generation Z 1990-1999). I worked at a YMCA for quite some time dealing with teenagers and 20-somethings, and have a newphew born in '86, and we both notice the difference between the 80s borns and 90s borns, my nephew even saying from '89 to '90. The 90s borns just seem to be more technologically-savvy (among other things). Just as '64 borns experienced much more crowded schools than even a '66 born. Not overriding your statement, just giving my perspective on the mater

Infracted - thread necromacy
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-28 at 02:47 AM.