10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to look through 36 pages to see if this has already been mentioned, but for what it's worth the movie currently has a 8.2 score, this time from the audience, not the retarded "critics".

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought the movie was fucking epic

Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    i thought the movie was fucking epic
    Critics said to me was shit. Also some posters on mmo told me was shit. So it must be shit

To be fair, this was to be expected. You can't make a video game movie and barely have any ties to the original story. Imagine how bad all (well some of them) the Harry Potter movies would have been if they decided to do their own story other the books.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/bo...al-1201784457/

Biggest opening day movie of the year in Germany with 50% of market share. First place finish in 11 international markets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Critics said to me was shit. Also some posters on mmo told me was shit. So it must be shit
    or you could like, you know, for your own opinion

I lost all hope for critics when they gave Adventureland a higher score than the Matrix.

Yeah.

Audience ratings are always more accurate IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    or you could like, you know, for your own opinion
    I think they were being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Im suprised the OP hasnt come back to defend their statement on the movie's current "flopping".
    Nothing to defend in their mind. They already had their conclusion before any actual information was out, they just wanted the movie to fail and assumed it already had because the critics didn't like it.

I presume the reason big films released at all different times around the globe is so we can get the actors out on press tours? Even so, what's the specific reason other regions release before the country that made the film? You'd think, if anything, it'd be opposite.

Deleted
    almost just got back from watching the movie

8/10

Expected it to be rly bad in most aspects
    especially the CGI had me worry a ton

Loved almost every second of it
    seeing the world and its characters comming to life was sweet
    the orcs were fucking amazing in this movie, best orcs in any movie so far
    Sadly the humans made the movie feel much less serious in the way they acted and spoke and their body language felt unnatural for the setting.
    The CGI looked horrible in some places but overall it was pretty good.
    Still enjoyed it a ton in the end and i wouldn't mind seeing it a second time.

in my experience if you know about WoW and the world it's a great movie, if you know nothing it's prob a 5/10 at most as many of the important lore characters are just some named orc or human.
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-05-28 at 02:36 AM.

Well I went with really low expectations and came out less disappointed than I had hoped, I'll tell you this from my pov so take it as you may.

Some of the acting is bad ( you can see that if you are a fan of movies in general ) , the CGI is the redeeming part but most of the battles seem too short or lack of focus on the actual fighting, besides that it was fine tbh.

Some of the races look weird, the orcs and dwarfs look great I'll give you that, the nightelves though omg... felt like alien invasion 2.0.

It surely doesn't feel epic though, felt more like it was trying too hard to impress ( but like I said I had literally zero expectations ), overall I would say after I was done watching it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just definitely not as epic as what warcraft should be.

Edit: if you are a lore fan and you are looking forward to the lore in the story, you will be disappointed
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-05-28 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    The CGI looked horrible in some places but from the start i didn't expect much from the CGI.
    You mean the actual quality of the CGI or how the physical+CGI shots look terrible when together? I think the CGI itself is amazing. It's only when it's CGI+physical that's disgusting.

Guys look at the trailer...this thing is CGI city. And it aint no avatar
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Well I went with really low expectations and came out less disappointed than I had hoped, I'll tell you this from my pov so take it as you may.

Some of the acting is bad ( you can see that if you are a fan of movies in general ) , the CGI is the redeeming part but most of the battles seem too short or lack of focus on the actual fighting, besides that it was fine tbh.

Some of the races look weird, the orcs and dwarfs look great I'll give you that, the nightelves though omg... felt like alien invasion 2.0.

It surely doesn't feel epic though, felt more like it was trying too hard to impress ( but like I said I had literally zero expectations ), overall I would say after I was done watching it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just definitely not as epic as what warcraft should be.
    Just like with the game though, you had to expect them to go with trying to appeal to the masses. I can't blame them though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Guys look at the trailer...this thing is CGI city. And it aint no avatar
    The trailer is exactly what I'm talking about. The shot of them walking through the full physical (close-up) city shot is all physical. The shot of them walking through the city with the foreground only being physical and everything else being CGI is where it's horrid. The physical shots are great. The CGI itself is amazing. It's only when it's together is all I'm saying. Even then, I'm not really saying it's super SyFy quality, but there's just something about it and how you can CLEARLY tell it's CGI. It might simply be they didn't put enough lightning/lens flare/shadows/smoothing into it. I can't put my finger on it.
    Last edited by alturic; 2016-05-28 at 02:32 AM.

Interesting seeing people bag critics and sites like rotten tomatoes. Like it or not, a LOT of people decide whether to see a film based on rotten tomatoes and similar sites and critics.

I really want this film to succeed, but...

Warcraft is going to fall into a very uncomfortable "Pacific Rim" and "Terminator: Genesis" zone. Meaning: It bombs in the USA (relative to its large budget) but earns 'acceptable or mediocre' success overseas. Meaning they could probably justify a sequel based on the international success, but losing the biggest market/USA as a guaranteed hit region is a potential dealbreaker to whether said sequel should go ahead.... Just look at Pacific Rim 2 which is stuck in limbo and onagain/offagain/delayedagain for the last few years, which wouldnt have happened had its US take matched its overseas.

The most optimistic, realistic scenario is this: Warcraft bombs softly in the US (100-150m) , gains acceptable success overseas (300-400m) , and its the latter which spawns a sequel into production - by which time (and maybe wishful thinking) the US market has turned it into a sleeper hit.

The goto figure for a movie to become profitable is 2.5x its budget, and if warcraft was ~160m, we're looking at 400+ just to break even.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-05-28 at 02:56 AM.

i enjoyed the movie, never took warcraft seriously from day 1 (warcraft 1 rts) i dont think blizzard did either. this is not some leo tolstoy novel, this is a video game with pop culture references numbering in the thousands.

i am just glad it was made and i got to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badl1fe View Post
    The original Austin Powers movies flopped in the box office and received terrible reviews. It didn't blow up until it came out on video. Shit happens and the movie isn't even out yet. Just people wanting WoW to crumble cuz they lost a loot roll. Get a life man. I never understood why the people that hate wow spend so much time talking about it. I hate a lot of stuff, so I avoid it. Is your life so sad you play games you don't like and sit on their websites talking about them so much?
    Pretty much sums up most people on MMO-C, really. In the WoW forums that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I'm not going to look through 36 pages to see if this has already been mentioned, but for what it's worth the movie currently has a 8.2 score, this time from the audience, not the retarded "critics".
    Muwahaha! Mark Kermode really liked it.
    https://youtu.be/QC-8ghk9ojk

Reviewers are not worth a shit to me - Im pumped for it and Ill judge the movie my damn self when I see it!