Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I actually loved Cataclysm, to be fair. The actual content of the expansion was very good
    Content? What content? There was no content besides raids, dungeons and leveling alts.

7+ Year Old Account
    seems like a troll post to me
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

WoW 2 for lack of a better name would be a full redo. Everything changed set a good time after the events of WoW. Everything redone from the ground up and a brand new engine. WoW 2 wont work while WoW is around so we wont see it til years after WoW shuts down so not anytime soon.

Cata was just a update of the old world and normal expansion adds. Not WoW 2 at all i mean yeah they changed zones up but that doesn't make it WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Cataclysm was fine until they started chopping content out of it.
    Yeah. That's the thing.
    People have very short memories it seems. At launch, I didn't come across anybody saying "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE WORST CONTENT EVAR!"

People loved the 5 mans, because they provided an honest challenge which when combined with the point gear created a sort of "pre-raiding progression" for more intermediate players.

Then the Tier 11 raids, very nicely balanced. There was also lots of new stuff for pvpers. TB was neither better or worse than WG, just different (and yet the same).

At no point did anybody ever come up to me in Guild and say "Gheld, I'm not having fun with this content."

Then the next 'content' patch was the troll raid into dungeon patch which understandably irked some people. And then there was the Firelands patch which was just an unapologetic class stacking balancing nightmare, not to mention, I'm okay with lots of dungeon trash, as long as it fits the flavor, but nobody wants to have to spend half an hour to an hour clearing trash at the beginning of the raid. Not to mention Abyssal maw was supposed to be there too.

And then in 4.3, yeah, the new 5 mans were kind of disjointed but still fun...but Dragonsoul, while the encounters were fun, was just a lazy and uninspired ending to the expansion.

But what came out of the box (i.e. release content) for Cata I'd say was some of the best. It was the stuff that followed that suck...and it pretty much set the tone for the future. Cutting content, lazy and uninspired plots, etc.

Deleted
    The mmorpg genre as it is (with abilities, targeting, dungeons etc.) is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    We had WoW 2.0. We are at 6.0 right now. Legion is 7.0.
    /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    alot of people called cata "one of the worst expacs" allthough yes it did have a lack of endgame content at some points

Firelands, alot of peoples top 5 raids

Bot and BWD both amazing fucking raids

The molten front, really cool idea of a daily questing zone, i loved it, wish it had abit more variation though... maybe 1 more path?

reconstruction of the world (much needed)

and the deathwing fight, allthough mechanicaly annoying, is a really cool idea, we fight him on his back he is so huge, then at the center of the world he tries his best to self destruct, to kill us all, holding onto the edge well we break his limbs to send him down into the abyss, and we (thrall you fucking kill steal!) blast him through the chest with a beam of light from a item made over 10 thousend years...

also the dungeons were pretty cool

this is when we started getting interesting set bonuses, i want you to go back to vanilla,bc,wrath and look at the set bonuses
    vanilla,bc,wrath X spells get X bonus stat, come ICC we started to see some interesting ones, for example warlock, Dots have a chance to give you a spellpower buff, not amazing but getting close, then we started getting sets in cata that summoned mobs, like flaming imps
    (yes we still did have plain sets like DS warlock "Haste increased by 5%, and "X spells increased damage by 5%" super lame....)

overall catacylsm with the complete rework of vanilla and new zones aswell, with also a small amount, but awesome raids
    BWD
    BoT
    Tol'Barad
    TotFW
    Firelands
    (wetlands? planned but everyone hated water so they scrapped it)
    Dragonsoul
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    The mmorpg genre as it is (with abilities, targeting, dungeons etc.) is dead.
    If only we could convince developers to stop making dead on delivery clones and produce a real mmorpg2

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    cata was fine only dragon soul sucked don't know why people think its the worse expan when it really wasn't bad.
    Because it was the worst expansion of WoW, easily more terrible than WoD. Only thing it had going on was first tier of raid content.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Or do you not remember Cataclysm?

Sorry, I know, semi-OT, but I keep seeing "WoW 2" cropping up in certain areas and I can't imagine another time on the planet that could cause the perfect storm that was WoW to happen again.
    "Hello let me make a broad general statement and start a shitty pointless thread about it. Also pretend to know the dynamics of fate just because."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    We had WoW 2.0. We are at 6.0 right now. Legion is 7.0.
    I hope your other 8k posts aren't as daft as this.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Content? What content? There was no content besides raids, dungeons and leveling alts.
    so what kinda of "content" do you want other then raids dungeons pvp leveling daily's and what not, what kinda of magical content was cata missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Because it was the worst expansion of WoW, easily more terrible than WoD. Only thing it had going on was first tier of raid content.
    so what did you think wod had over cata? id say cata is second worse but thats only cause i really enjoyed mop and wrath and wasn't max level in tbc i super enjoyed cata until dragon soul as i wasn't in a raiding guild at that point and i had done most stuff outside of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Get your silly SQL syntax out of here! != is the only legit syntax! #ProgrammerPeeve
    Isn't the not equal operator for Visual Basic <>?

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/vb.net..._operators.htm

On Topic:
    Cata always felt like Blizzards attempt at a WoW systems update, it was more than just a revamp of the old world, I am pretty sure there were some UI and systems updates to go along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Or do you not remember Cataclysm?

Sorry, I know, semi-OT, but I keep seeing "WoW 2" cropping up in certain areas and I can't imagine another time on the planet that could cause the perfect storm that was WoW to happen again.
    Without a doubt you're wrong. If they decided to launch a WoW 2 or something similar so many people would flock to that shit as long as it looked decent. I do know that a lot of people wouldn't like starting over though, me included.

I'm going to completely disregard the fact you said cata is WoW 2. That's completely irrelevant to WoW 2 and pretty ridiculous of you to even think this.

wasn't that called Titan?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Deleted
    Id love to see real wow2 in the near future. the engine and design is really getting old by now.