Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Lol your post is funny. Like really.

My posts don't come off as butthurt, I'm being combative with someone who thinks that casual players should play competitively.

Subjective means opinionated, as in you're upset that players are playing what they want.

People care about different things. Like the players in your game want to play their Hanzo and that means you don't have the right to tell them not to.

If you want to play to win, get some friends and play. If you play solo queue, you get the players you're put with and they can play as they wish

Your tears are delicious.
    While I agree with you somewhat, there is an issue that lies with the fact that very few people like getting owned in a game during PvP. There are some who just don't care, but the issue still lies with the fact that to most people it's more fun to play and have a shot than to play and lose non stop and humiliatingly because people just want to play the one character. Yes, that's fun for them, and they might enjoy it, but they still should expect aggravation and criticism from their teammates. It's a competitive PvP style game, and when your teammate is causing more harm than good because they have to play that one character non stop, they will have something said.
    Also, don't mistake when I say criticism I'm saying their team has a right to yell at them or treat them like dogshit, I'm not. I am saying that their team can still tell them what they did wrong or how they could have helped with a win.

My posts don't come off as butthurt, I'm being combative with someone who thinks that casual players should play competitively.

Subjective means opinionated, as in you're upset that players are playing what they want.

People care about different things. Like the players in your game want to play their Hanzo and that means you don't have the right to tell them not to.

If you want to play to win, get some friends and play. If you play solo queue, you get the players you're put with and they can play as they wish

1. Never said casual players should play competitively. The first post I made was simply a statement that if people wanted to get better at the game, learning to counter is part of that.

2. I never tell people what to play in casual. Again, I don't care and I never claimed to do so.

3. I am fully aware of what to expect when playing solo, and again (it's ridiculous how many times I have to say this), I don't care what people do in casual.

Might have been the wrong use of the word "subjective" sure, my bad.

At this point I'm unsure if you're actually this dense or just trolling me (if it's the latter, then gr8 b8 m8).

My posts don't come off as butthurt.
    Yeah, they actually do.

It's a competitive game, not everyone needs some arbitrary ranking system to want to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Sorry, but you slipped up with this:

I'm not offended at all, baby boy.
    Personal insults are always a great way to make yourself look like an ass, no matter your intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Ya, don't you just wish there was an AI opponent people could test heroes on? Oh well, one can dream...
    Lol the AI is easy mode, it's not in any way meaningful practice. The only way to get better is to play people better than you and put the time in to learn against them.

Meh, in 95% of quick matches the average skill of the players results in Skill > Comp.

Maybe at high(er) levels of play the composition will become more important but simply put, if your team is getting completely shat on, switching up your heros probably won't make as much difference as you'd hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Seriously though chill out people will play what they want to play where they want to play. They do not have to listen to a damn thing you have to say and in fact some probably do it in game to spite you if this is how you are in game as well. People in league complain about this all the time and often time they are not any better themselves
    Last edited by Hablion; 2016-05-28 at 03:45 AM.

While I do agree that yes people have bought the game so they can play how they want, in a game like overwatch thats not the whole story. This is a team based game that requires coordination and composition in order to be successful. True you can win with almost any comp but a well rounded team can also make up for short comings and mistakes. To say oh its just casual play it doesn't matter is the absolute worst attitude to have in a pvp game. Its not just you thats in the game you're effecting everyone in the group by being selfish and saying "well its not ranked so what does it matter" If you're not playing to win then why the hell are you playing?

Deleted
    The thing is anyone else can change their character too at any point so it's not always gonna help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaranh View Post
    That's some straight A math right there, 8/8
    Thanks, I do it to impress the ladies.

Hey ladies.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    While I do agree that yes people have bought the game so they can play how they want, in a game like overwatch thats not the whole story. This is a team based game that requires coordination and composition in order to be successful. True you can win with almost any comp but a well rounded team can also make up for short comings and mistakes. To say oh its just casual play it doesn't matter is the absolute worst attitude to have in a pvp game. Its not just you thats in the game you're effecting everyone in the group by being selfish and saying "well its not ranked so what does it matter" If you're not playing to win then why the hell are you playing?
    If you're playing random pub matches, expecting everyone else to take it as seriously as you do is kind of a losing battle. It's like expecting everyone on the road to actually be competent, attentive drivers.

Having said that, since this is a Blizzard title, I'm kind of surprised that players don't get a buff each time they're killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    In fairness the AI is extremely dumb and you can't really practice with them. Get a feel for abilities, sure. But straight practice quick play will be better. With AI you can spawn camp pretty easily.
    Not to mention that the AI is only Roadhog, Zenyatta, Reaper, Zarya, Soldier 76, and Bashion and you never ever fight anyone else, so you don't experience fighting against real healers or a Reinhardt shield or snipers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    According to my calculations, it means you've seen it happen at least 100,000,000 times. Unless you've also been playing in beta, that would mean you've seen it happen at least 333,333,333 times a day or 386 times per second.

Assuming each match is around 8 minutes, you see it happen an average of 185,000 times per match.
    Not gonna lie, that made me burst out laughing.

For real though, normal games is for learning, we are all in the learning process. So stop bitching about people playing the game for fun.

But tryhards, gotta tryhard ofc. Same thing with LoL, people bitching 24/7 because they can't carry the game them self, and gets mad when others can't carry them.

So suck it up, its normal not ranked.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    What if I can't kill that someone because i'm just not playing good enough ?
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-05-28 at 11:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how you mention harassing, because just because you can't kill anyone doesn't mean you aren't harassing them or baiting them away from the objective. I've died several times and not killed anyone (at the time) and still baited away 3 people at a time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the toxicity has already began ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time skill is the deciding factor, but composition still does matter a lot.

The only ones that really frustrate me are people who pick Torb or Bastion on every single map, especially on the king of the hill maps. While they can be okay if you can properly set them up and win the point, you will usually lose if they don't get setup and refuse to swap from those heroes. Just had a game with somebody on Illios who went Torb on the Lighthouse for the full game, then went Bastion the full time on Ruins. We lost terribly, not 100% all his fault but they effectively did nothing and we ended up getting 100-0 both times.

Same goes for Widowmakers. If you aren't landing at least a kill every once and awhile (preferably more), you really aren't being much use. Especially considering you won't be anywhere near the objective the entire game.

That said it really doesn't matter. AI training is really only good for getting use to abilities, testing different binds or sensitivity settings on your mouse IMO. 100% of the 5 or so AI games I've been involved in boil down to camping the AI spawn point. So, while it's awful to have something like a terrible sniper making your game feel like a 6v5, it's really the only way somebody can get good practice playing that hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    If I had a penny for every game we lost because someone is glued to McCree, Hanzo, Tracer and the like, just to go in, die and never kill or harass anyone, I'd be a gad dang millionaire.
    Hey man I changed heroes like 6 times that game. We didn't lose because people changed / didn't change heroes. We lost because they were BETTER than us!

Deleted
    People need to understand that this is not counterstrike.
    Here you have to work as a team, nothing more painful then watching your team utterly fail and dying 1 at a time slowly since their all spread out across the map.