Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If you want stealth bar/stance back click this thread.

Hi all,

Blizzard decided to remove stance/stealth bar for subtlety which makes no sense.

You can read it here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726122

If you want your stealth bar back please upvote the first rogue comment (its not me, but if you read the entire post you will see every rogue is asking for the same)

Why do we want stealth bar/stance bar back?

Because there is no reason to not have it other than filling our interface bars with stuff that make no sense. It doesnt make the class harder or easier, its simply a Quality of Life change.

Thanks!

done. hope this works

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    done. hope this works
    Its possible Blizzard simply doesnt agree with LITERALLY 99% of the rogue community who posts on feedback forums. Or several rogues from top guilds in the world. If thats the case they will simply ignore the feedback.

After twisting the idea around and around and around for months almost every rogue reached the same conclusion: There is NO reason to not have the stance bar. Their argument is "a stance bar with 2 abilities only doesnt make sense" and the counter argument is "what makes less sense is having a not usable ability in our bars that is not a CD"

One way or another we want the stance bar as a quality of life change, wont make us better or worse rogues, wont change our dmg, wont make our rotation easier and wont change the so controversial """""CLASS FANTASY"""""

Like it or not we will most likely have a genius addon maker giving us what Blizzard took from us so, why taking it away in the first place? Just leave it as it is.

Sub is a spec most rogues enjoy, dont fix whats not broken.

hopefully they do add this in the next build just so ppl stop bitching about it and discuss other parts of the spec

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Its possible Blizzard simply doesnt agree with LITERALLY 99% of the rogue community who posts on feedback forums.
    Oh, yet another example of Blizzard giving us the ol' "you think you do, but you don't". Really hate that's their default attitude towards feedback.

They are completely stupid sometimes.

Up voted a while back but commenting to urge others to do so and spread the word to friends/guildies

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't you make a macro/weakaura that swaps between the two action bars (default keybind to shift+scroll up/down) everytime you come in and out of stealth/shadowdance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Couldn't you make a macro/weakaura that swaps between the two action bars (default keybind to shift+scroll up/down) everytime you come in and out of stealth/shadowdance?
    Code:
    /cast [stealth] Ambush; Mutilate
    works too. But it's just stupid that you have to rely on macros to save keybind space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    works too. But it's just stupid that you have to rely on macros to save keybind space.
    This will not work since Shadow Dance is not a stance anymore. Basic requirement of understanding this topic is to use clickie in OP.

For anyone else lazy enough to actually read that post or follow feedback:

- Stealth bar functionality remains unchanged as of this time for every spec, means this change has no impact on Combat or Assassination
    - Shadow Dance bar however is gone, meaning everyone already playing or starting with Subtlety has to rip all of theirs Stealth binds, this includes clearly obvious trap for those leveling as Subtlety from scratch and new players, yes
    - There has been no logical explanation why this trap is still in place yet (do not confuse with that shallow, narrow-minded Celestalon post describing only 1 point of view at this issue)
    - I actually lied to you regarding no impact on Combat or Assassination, this makes Subtlety even more inaccessible as it is now, lowering Rogue population overall (yes its possible to lower it even more), less Rogues, less developer focus, longer time to fix the class, I think I dont have to explain how this works, its already happening for quite a few tiers.

The funniest thing is Im not even sure if we can create addon for this, because there is none doing sth similar yet and those few requests over the years were denied as it is protected function.
    Last edited by mmoc2127cc2147; 2016-05-31 at 11:21 AM. Reason: clicky idiot reply

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    The funniest thing is Im not even sure if we can create addon for this, because there is none doing sth similar yet and those few requests over the years were denied as it is protected function.
    An addon would work, and you could likely even do something with Bartender to create it. Basically you track for when Shadowdance buff appears, then page your main bar to a new bar. Advanced scripting already exists in Bartender.

This doesn't change my desire to have the dance stance reimplemented, nor does it make it less annoying. If we are forced to do this it will really only serve to show how required this sort of addon will be to play the spec, which is never a good thing.

I dont understand whats wrong with how it is? You use 3 abilities during shadow dance basically, how hard is it to make good keybinds like that? I just have shadowstrike bound to another key, all the rest is equal, i feel no need whatsoever to have another bar during shadowdance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    you could likely even do something with Bartender to create it. Basically you track for when Shadowdance buff appears, then page your main bar to a new bar. Advanced scripting already exists in Bartender.
    I believe that function is limited to http://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_conditionals but I would really like to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    I dont understand whats wrong with how it is? You use 3 abilities during shadow dance basically, how hard is it to make good keybinds like that? I just have shadowstrike bound to another key, all the rest is equal, i feel no need whatsoever to have another bar during shadowdance.
    Celestalon, is that you?

I believe ElvUI has ShD built in to swap bars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vylent View Post
    I believe ElvUI has ShD built in to swap bars as well.
    On live. In Legion it won't be possible without adding a stance to Shadow Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Roncero View Post
    On live. In Legion it won't be possible without adding a stance to Shadow Dance.
    If Buff == "Shadow Dance" Then Bar1(Page[Bar7])
    Else Bar1(Page[Bar1])

There i just created some hanky panky code off the top of my head that would detect SD, page to a stealth bar, and page back when there is no SD.

Obviously functionality can be restored via an addon. But it shouldn't need to be done because celestalon is being a bitch about it.

Also note, that code isn't syntax for any specific language.

Pretty sure that for bars and similiar stuff you can only use the same conditionals you can use in macro's, therefore stances/modifier keys - Yes, buffs/debuffs - No. It's disabled in order to prevent automated gameplay. Objects that you can interact with, like unit frames/ability bars are different then stuff like weak auras/tmw etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Wondering the same, not sure why people can't just simply put the abilities on their side action bars, or even their main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Wondering the same, not sure why people can't just simply put the abilities on their side action bars, or even their main one.
    We all can. Just doesnt make sense to remove the stance we are so used to for no reason.

Celestalon also said we could macro it if prefered which is not true.

So there we are, asking for something he said we could do and after several builds we still cant.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2016-06-01 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest problem with this game is that people are unnecessarily slightly attached to things and because of that, don't accept change. Yes, I can see where you guys are coming from and agree that the removal of the stance bar could be considered unnecessary at all, but on the other hand I can't really blame them for removing it either. There are only what, 4-5 abilities that are exclusive to stealth, and only two that you would actually use in a raid? When there are that few abilities which are limited to being stealthed, I kind of agree with the idea of a stealth bar being unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting