Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd happily pay my regular 9.99 sub for it personally. A one time unlock fee fair enough but if it requires a second sub then I wouldn't.
    9.99 sub? I mean I dunno where you are located so might be a diff number than I am used to (also I've not had to pay for my sub for years so lord if I remember the actual price anymore) but isn't it closer to 15 a month NA?

I seriously doubt they are that stupid to piss people off.
    I'd like to agree but the 1 year content droughts make me think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    9.99 sub? I mean I dunno where you are located so might be a diff number than I am used to (also I've not had to pay for my sub for years so lord if I remember the actual price anymore) but isn't it closer to 15 a month NA?
    Uk so its £9.99 here.

Uk so its £9.99 here.
    Oh okay that makes perfect sense then haha. I had no idea what the EU sub rate was.

So, everything still the same? They are looking very,very, microscope closely on the subject.
    Last edited by Etselion; 2016-05-28 at 03:32 AM.

Deleted
    the people that say no to vanilla servers are the little toxic kids that infest the gaming community, you know, the typical toxic call of duty , and csgo crowd the typical mlg wanabe kids that think they are some kind of professional gamer and where too young to enjoy the glory days of wow so they argue against it, because they have no clue just how good the game really was. it is a argument of the old vs the new, entitled and utterly ungrateful generation we live in today. it angers me to the core.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-05-28 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    the people that say no to vanilla servers are the little toxic kids that infest the gaming community, you know, the typical toxic call of duty , and csgo crowd the typical mlg wanabe kids that think they are some kind of professional gamer and where too young to enjoy the glory days of wow so they argue against it, because they have no clue just how good the game really was. it is a argument of the old vs the new, entitled and utterly ungrateful generation we live in today. it angers me to the core.
    It would help if you had any idea what you are talking about. Some of the most vocal of us Anti-Legacy were playing when Vanilla was current. And even for people that never played in Vanilla they can get enough of an idea through the PS like Nost if they had really wanted.

It is an argument of old coming back trying to be new and harming the current 'new' that I don't like. We've explained many reasons why we think Legacy is a bad idea and it is simple as that. But to call people toxic and clueless because they do not agree with bringing Vanilla back is just not constructive.

Wow, you know this group so well it angers you to the core. Especially considering there's maybe one or two people here actually against Legacy servers. I'd be curious to see some examples of this toxicity too, because the people saying it must be total wannabes for having such opinions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    I'd like to agree but the 1 year content droughts make me think otherwise.
    Technically if they made legacy servers they would have the biggest content drought ever, it is a vicious cycle. Wanting legacy servers is essentially accepting there will be no more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allot of people keep saying "You won't pay for legacy servers, people who play on private servers are only doing so because its free!" No that is not in the slightest 100% true, now i'm sure there are some properly 10-20% of people who play private servers is what i'm "assuming" but the vast majority of people I've talked to that play on private servers and my friends all say they would easily pay 15$ a month to play on legacy servers at least for a year or until they finish all the content in the respective expansion/version of the game.

I played WoW between 2005 - march of 2011 and I could say I would easily pay 60$ AGAIN on top of paying 15-20$ monthly to REGAIN access to the game I already payed for and fell in love with instead of the "abomination" (IN MY OPINION) that current/retail wow is currently.

That is my 2 cents I have kept up with this thread for awhile but I hate posting on forums in general and hate the back and forth bile that's usually thrown on them so yes there are many who want legacy servers, we're not some "Vocal" minority, just a 10-20% minority.
    (Ultimately it is up to blizzard to decide if following 10-20% of their playerbase's wants/desires is worth it.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Technically if they made legacy servers they would have the biggest content drought ever, it is a vicious cycle. Wanting legacy servers is essentially accepting there will be no more content.
    I disagree completely content in Vanilla and TBC and even Wrath isn't consumed the same way it is today, in Vanilla you pretty much HAD to do all raid tiers and previous raids before doing the latest, TBC pretty much the same, in Wrath not so much but you did have to get the previous raids gear usually by doing heroics.

In retail you literately can spend a day and be able to run heroic HFC, Trust me there is plenty of evidence of this both on youtube and all over these forums being able to clear the entire latest raid in about a few days time isn't fun and don't use the excuse "Oh well go do mythic archimonde!" Sorry but 1% of the game doesn't make up for the other 99%.

If 95% of the game can be competed in a few days its simple people will not bother resubbing and playing and once again using the excuse "Well go farm battle pets or go complete EVERY achievement in the game!" 80% of people or more could care less about earning some cosmetic pet or completing a raid they've already done multiple times, but "This time it has greater numbers!" Which is basically what mythic and raid difficulties as a whole is and most also aren't completionist's who want some "Text with an icon" that tells them how big their accomplishments are.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2016-05-28 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Allot of people keep saying "You won't pay for legacy servers, people who play on private servers are only doing so because its free!" No that is not in the slightest 100% true, now i'm sure there are some properly 10-20% of people who play private servers is what i'm "assuming" but the vast majority of people I've talked to that play on private servers and my friends all say they would easily pay 15$ a month to play on legacy servers at least for a year or until they finish all the content in the respective expansion/version of the game.
    That is the main point we keep making though. You don't REALLY know who would and wouldn't pay for the game. An anecdote about people you know all saying they would pay to play for a year does not really mean much. Even if it WAS true that you know all these people that would pay to play for a year that is still a drop in the bucket.

Some people DO play on Legacy realms because it is free, simple as that. I'm not saying it is a large portion or a small one, I don't know. But is "not in the slightest 100% true" actually the right thing to say there? Hell no.

- - - Updated - - -

I played WoW between 2005 - march of 2011 and I could say I would easily pay 60$ AGAIN on top of paying 15-20$ monthly to REGAIN access to the game I already payed for and fell in love with instead of the "abomination" (IN MY OPINION) that current/retail wow is currently.
    And I've played from Open Beta for Vanilla until now and I could say I would easily NOT pay a dime for Vanilla or a monthly fee for it because I already did Vanilla once and that was good enough for me. I am ready for new content in Legion and the only thing making it suck is the long drought. That's almost over at least.

- - - Updated - - -

we're not some "Vocal" minority, just a 10-20% minority.
    (Ultimately it is up to blizzard to decide if following 10-20% of their playerbase's wants/desires is worth it.)
    10-20%? Of what? 4 million current subs (we guess), 10-20% of the former 100 million people that have played from Vanilla-Wod? What are you a percentage of? Got some proof on those percentages?

- - - Updated - - -

In retail you literately can spend a day and be able to run heroic HFC, Trust me there is plenty of evidence of this both on youtube and all over these forums being able to clear the entire latest raid in about a few days time isn't fun and don't use the excuse "Oh well go do mythic archimonde!" Sorry but 1% of the game doesn't make up for the other 99%..
    Lol wut? So we just can make a guild of 10-30 people, gear up in pvp/LFR or whatever and then just bam insta clear HFC on heroic? LOL okay. Maybe there is a super super tiny percentage of the players that could do that but you are full of shit if you think just anyone can do that. You'd know that if you actually played this expansion and just didn't use second hand information to make up such a claim.

Allot of people keep saying "You won't pay for legacy servers, people who play on private servers are only doing so because its free!" No that is not in the slightest 100% true,
    Of course that's not true, because no one actually said that. You're taking what was said, pulling it to an extreme, then attacking the statement for being so extreme.

If you're going to respond to a quote of 'You won't pay for legacy servers', then quote someone here saying those exact words instead of paraphrasing. Quote someone saying "people who play on private servers are only doing so because its free".

No one has actually made radical statements to this effect. Try refuting specifics rather than attacking a radicalized interpretation of what you thought was being said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-20%? Of what? 4 million current subs (we guess), 10-20% of the former 100 million people that have played from Vanilla-Wod? What are you a percentage of? Got some proof on those percentages?.
    10-20% of all current subscribed NA/EU players as of the last time blizzard released subscription numbers "Or are after some first hand calculations more like 5-10% as of the last Sub report*!"

Lol wut? So we just can make a guild of 10-30 people, gear up in pvp/LFR or whatever and then just bam insta clear HFC on heroic? LOL okay. Maybe there is a super super tiny percentage of the players that could do that but you are full of shit if you think just anyone can do that. You'd know that if you actually played this expansion and just didn't use second hand information to make up such a claim.
    While it is true that I do not and have not played Retail since pretty much firelands in Cataclysm, My proof/evidence is mostly second hand and I'm not stating this as a indisputable fact but there are MANY youtube videos, articles, forums posts and even my own friends statements who do play retail who state that they have many times been able to complete most of all the currently relevant content within easily a week, and that's if we're not counting LFR or Normal raiding.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The people who demand Vanillia servers are people who can't move on in life, typical "IN MY DAY!!" kind of rose tinted goggled people who can't see WoW has become a much more accessible game. It's an argument of the new vs the old, live in the past generation that holds the world back. It angers me to the core....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Of course that's not true, because no one actually said that. You're taking what was said, pulling it to an extreme, then attacking the statement for being so extreme.

If you're going to respond to a quote of 'You won't pay for legacy servers', then quote someone here saying those exact words instead of paraphrasing. Quote someone saying "people who play on private servers are only doing so because its free".

No one has actually made radical statements to this effect. Try refuting specifics rather than attacking a radicalized interpretation of what you thought was being said.
    I admit my original post seems exaggerated but I have for sure seen here any many other places on MMO-C and else where on the internet of people claiming that very thing of "Most people whom play private servers are mostly doing it because its free!" usually to discredit ANYONE who suggests that in anyway "aspects or features" of past expansions we're superior in any way to the current games.

10-20% of all current subscribed NA/EU players as of the last time blizzard released subscription numbers "Or are after some first hand calculations more like 5-10% as of the last Sub report*!"

While it is true that I do not and have not played Retail since pretty much firelands in Cataclysm, My proof/evidence is mostly second hand and I'm not stating this as a indisputable fact but there are MANY youtube videos, articles, forums posts and even my own friends statements who do play retail who state that they have many times been able to complete most of all the currently relevant content within easily a week, and that's if we're not counting LFR or Normal raiding.

So the last time we heard sub numbers it was what 4.4 mil or something? So now it is 5-10% of that number?

And on the 2nd point, what exactly is it? Are they making a new character and getting carried by people or is it a full raid team creating new characters and doing the content? You do know people could get carried in MC easy once the content had been out a long time and everyone figured it out. But you sure as hell weren't having people do this when HFC was only out a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    The people who demand Vanillia servers are people who can't move on in life, typical "IN MY DAY!!" kind of rose tinted goggled people who can't see WoW has become a much more accessible game. It's an argument of the new vs the old, live in the past generation that holds the world back. It angers me to the core....
    I could care less about the current game I've tried coming back many many times with free trials blizzard has offered me over the years but the current game repulses me every time, I just simply don't enjoy any longer.

However every second and moment I spent on Nostalrius I had legitimate *fun* it resparked my interest in WoW and every single day I would get so excited to log in again and start planning what I was going to do ahead of time, at night just like when I first started playing the game I would think about what I was going to do the next day when I logged in and more, Its not just "Rose-tinted goggles or a back in my day feeling.

In short I simply don't enjoy current wow at all but playing on Nostalrius and a few TBC servers despite their flaws and errors I was able to enjoy WoW once again, its not rose tinted goggles and I was able to do things that I never got to do in vanilla and still had easily MONTHS of content to do that I was looking forward to do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could care less about the current game I've tried coming back many many times with free trials blizzard has offered me over the years but the current game repulses me every time, I just simply don't enjoy any longer.

However every second and moment I spent on Nostalrius I had legitimate *fun* it resparked my interest in WoW and every single day I would get so excited to log in again and start planning what I was going to do ahead of time, at night just like when I first started playing the game I would think about what I was going to do the next day when I logged in and more, Its not just "Rose-tinted goggles or a back in my day feeling.

In short I simply don't enjoy current wow at all but playing on Nostalrius and a few TBC servers despite their flaws and errors I was able to enjoy WoW once again, its not rose tinted goggles and I was able to do things that I never got to do in vanilla and still had easily MONTHS of content to do that I was looking forward to do.
    Have a close look at the post I quoted, then reread mines.....

I admit my original post seems exaggerated but I have for sure seen here any many other places on MMO-C and else where on the internet of people claiming that very thing of "Most people whom play private servers are mostly doing it because its free!" usually to discredit ANYONE who suggests that in anyway "aspects or features" of past expansions we're superior in any way to the current games.
    Some people said 'most' but the more realistic word would be 'some'. I feel that some of the people that play on private servers are mostly doing it because its free. As to what % of the playerbase of private servers are only there because it is free I don't know. I just believe it is higher than 0%.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the last time we heard sub numbers it was what 4.4 mil or something? So now it is 5-10% of that number?

And on the 2nd point, what exactly is it? Are they making a new character and getting carried by people or is it a full raid team creating new characters and doing the content? You do know people could get carried in MC easy once the content had been out a long time and everyone figured it out. But you sure as hell weren't having people do this when HFC was only out a few weeks.
    Last Public sub number release was 5.4M I believe and the second point was my friends could easily roll an alt on a completely different server with no help from his main or friends and find a raiding guild and complete most of all currently relevant content within a weeks time, meaning raids, dungeons, and other PvE related content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Have a close look at the post I quoted, then reread mines.....
    Oh I know you we're just "respinning" that other dudes post but I was responding mainly to the rose-tinted-goggles claim that allot of people have made in the past, Sorry if it didn't make sense.