Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    I could care less about the current game I've tried coming back many many times with free trials blizzard has offered me over the years but the current game repulses me every time, I just simply don't enjoy any longer.

However every second and moment I spent on Nostalrius I had legitimate *fun* it resparked my interest in WoW and every single day I would get so excited to log in again and start planning what I was going to do ahead of time, at night just like when I first started playing the game I would think about what I was going to do the next day when I logged in and more, Its not just "Rose-tinted goggles or a back in my day feeling.

In short I simply don't enjoy current wow at all but playing on Nostalrius and a few TBC servers despite their flaws and errors I was able to enjoy WoW once again, its not rose tinted goggles and I was able to do things that I never got to do in vanilla and still had easily MONTHS of content to do that I was looking forward to do.
    Does not sound like you gave the current game much of a try at all. Did you even hit max levels in the expansions you skipped out on? Because some of the content in MoP and WoD was damn good. The raiding in MoP and WoD was good, the leveling aspect of WoD was pretty good.

I know I'd get bored to tears on Vanilla again. The leveling content would pose no challenge other than just a time sink and the raiding is very light on mechanics compared to what people are used to today. It is great that you are enjoying it but your experience likely wouldn't be typical if Blizz put out Legacy realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Last Public sub number release was 5.4M I believe and the second point was my friends could easily roll an alt on a completely different server with no help from his main or friends and find a raiding guild and complete most of all currently relevant content within a weeks time, meaning raids, dungeons, and other PvE related content.
    Sure Zalek, but couldn't it also be said that the same friend could get carried in the same exact fashion in Vanilla? I know it is true because guilds had to bring in new people all the time to gear them because of roster turnover being even worse because it was 40 man raiding.

But still your friends experience with making an alt on a random server and being fully raid cleared in a week is NOT typical. Most people wouldn't even get in the door in heroic without prior achievements to link or some sort of proof that they could do the content. Other likely scenarios is people would inspect him and decline him. Heroic content isn't THAT faceroll because go and look at the numbers of guilds that have completed the content. It isn't like every single guild just walks into heroic and the bosses fall over and hand them free epics. You aren't being realistic and you haven't experienced it for yourself.

If your friend could do it why don't you go and try it and come back in a week and update me on your progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Does not sound like you gave the current game much of a try at all. Did you even hit max levels in the expansions you skipped out on? Because some of the content in MoP and WoD was damn good. The raiding in MoP and WoD was good, the leveling aspect of WoD was pretty good.

I know I'd get bored to tears on Vanilla again. The leveling content would pose no challenge other than just a time sink and the raiding is very light on mechanics compared to what people are used to today. It is great that you are enjoying it but your experience likely wouldn't be typical if Blizz put out Legacy realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure Zalek, but couldn't it also be said that the same friend could get carried in the same exact fashion in Vanilla? I know it is true because guilds had to bring in new people all the time to gear them because of roster turnover being even worse because it was 40 man raiding.

But still your friends experience with making an alt on a random server and being fully raid cleared in a week is NOT typical. Most people wouldn't even get in the door in heroic without prior achievements to link or some sort of proof that they could do the content. Other likely scenarios is people would inspect him and decline him. Heroic content isn't THAT faceroll because go and look at the numbers of guilds that have completed the content. It isn't like every single guild just walks into heroic and the bosses fall over and hand them free epics. You aren't being realistic and you haven't experienced it for yourself.

If your friend could do it why don't you go and try it and come back in a week and update me on your progress.
    I promise you I did try to bring myself to level up and reach current content but it was unbearable for me I just felt repulsed by everything it felt nothing like the WoW that I came to love and played years ago and it certainly felt nothing like my experience that I felt on Nostalrius, In short the game that is called and named WoW should be referred too as WoW2 because it hardly felt like WoW too me.

Also I'm not exactly sure the exact specifics of how he did it but hes played WoW just as long as I have and arguably enjoys the game now way way more then I could bring myself to do so he is in my book trust worthy, but its true in vanilla it was possible to be carried through some content just as today but it was extremely rare if not completely unheard of for someone to be in green or blues and be raiding/clearing Naxx40 it simply was unheard of.
    In general though the big difference between today and then, was that in Vanilla you could be carried between previous tiers of content without a doubt but current content was almost impossible to carry someone through even if it was a 40 man raid, I mean after all only what 20 something guilds ever cleared Naxxaramas in all of vanilla?
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2016-05-28 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Spelling errors and further explanation.

I promise you I did try to bring myself to level up and reach current content but it was unbearable for me I just felt repulsed by everything it felt nothing like the WoW that I came to love and played years ago and it certainly felt nothing like my experience that I felt on Nostalrius, In short the game that is called and named WoW should be referred too as WoW2 because it hardly felt like WoW too me.

Also I'm not exactly sure the exact specifics of how he did it but hes played WoW just as long as I have and arguably enjoys the game now way way more then I could bring myself to do so he is in my book trust worthy, but its true in vanilla it was possible to be carried through some content just as today but it was more extremely rare if not completely unheard of for someone to be in green or blues and be raiding/clearing Naxx40 it simply was unheard of.
    K well it isn't WoW2, it is WoW. You may not like it but we'll see how Legion goes. If it does well that might bury the Legacy talk for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    K well it isn't WoW2, it is WoW. You may not like it but we'll see how Legion goes. If it does well that might bury the Legacy talk for a while.
    I'm not anti-WoW or anti anything really I just simply don't find enjoyment out of the current game (Sadly) its not that its a bad game it just isn't for me anymore and that's totally fine i'm cool with that but I would truly love if for blizzard alongside the current game would run legacy servers for me and people like me I assure them that it would be worth doing and I would for sure pay money and spend time into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL okay. Maybe there is a super super tiny percentage of the players that could do that but you are full of shit if you think just anyone can do that. You'd know that if you actually played this expansion and just didn't use second hand information to make up such a claim.
    Hi, playing this expansion, what I think he is saying is other than heroic+ you can pretty much clear all the content in a week or 2 and it IS possible I mean I could go grab some Tanaan gear maybe a few pieces of PVP gear and hop right into HFC normal (done it on multiple characters).

If you are going to say the game hasn't gotten too easy to clear everything in a short span of time I think you are a little confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    The people who demand Vanillia servers are people who can't move on in life, typical "IN MY DAY!!" kind of rose tinted goggled people who can't see WoW has become a much more accessible game. It's an argument of the new vs the old, live in the past generation that holds the world back. It angers me to the core....
    It is BEYOND accessible, hell LFR REWARDS failure, questing has become so easy and removed any group quests, at max level you are basically playing a lobby game with a chat room...............wanna do a dungeon? Push a button, pvp? push a button, LFR? Push a button.........it's crazy! Thankfully Legion is bringing a few things out in the world to do.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm not anti-WoW or anti anything really I just simply don't find enjoyment out of the current game (Sadly) its not that its a bad game it just isn't for me anymore and that's totally fine i'm cool with that but I would truly love if for blizzard alongside the current game would run legacy servers for me and people like me I assure them that it would be worth doing and I would for sure pay money and spend time into it.
    I understand that there are people out there like you who want these servers and try to assure Blizzard that there is enough of you that would pay to play long term. I personally don't think there is enough of a demand long term but it is just my view on the topic. Maybe things will change and the demand will be enough mid-Legion or later.

Hyperbole much.

You killed kobolds and retrieved boar asses to level in vanilla. Same as you kill twilight hammer things and bring back corrupted dragons dicks to level on cata/current expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that there are people out there like you who want these servers and try to assure Blizzard that there is enough of you that would pay to play long term. I personally don't think there is enough of a demand long term but it is just my view on the topic. Maybe things will change and the demand will be enough mid-Legion or later.
    Personally, I don't want legacy servers but I would love for the game to go back to that style...........no LFR/LFD, group quests, an actual talent tree etc but I also know Pandoras Box has been opened and there is no going back.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Hi, playing this expansion, what I think he is saying is other than heroic+ you can pretty much clear all the content in a week or 2 and it IS possible I mean I could go grab some Tanaan gear maybe a few pieces of PVP gear and hop right into HFC normal (done it on multiple characters).

If you are going to say the game hasn't gotten too easy to clear everything in a short span of time I think you are a little confused.

- - - Updated - - -

It is BEYOND accessible, hell LFR REWARDS failure, questing has become so easy and removed any group quests, at max level you are basically playing a lobby game with a chat room...............wanna do a dungeon? Push a button, pvp? push a button, LFR? Push a button.........it's crazy! Thankfully Legion is bringing a few things out in the world to do.
    And what I am saying that sure it is easy NOW to take a fresh 100, run Tanaan with a mix of Ashran and get a workable set of gear and do HFC. Normal? Sure thing, heroic might be a bit harder to just 'hop in' with sub ~705 gear. But that shit wasn't happening the first few months of HFC and you know it.

I am going to say the game is not as easy as you claim, go look at the numbers of guilds that have cleared heroic/mythic. Some people think LFR or normal are good enough to see the content and that is fine, but these were the same types of people that were still doing Kara when guilds like mine were doing SSC or for a vanilla example: Still stuck in MC while we were in AQ.

As far as your second point goes you are going to be disappointed in parts of Legion if you think the on demand push a button and go pvp or go to a dungeon won't be there. Yes there will be things out in the world to do but it won't have the Vanilla feel you seem to want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Hyperbole much.

You killed kobolds and retrieved boar asses to level in vanilla. Same as you kill twilight hammer things and bring back corrupted dragons dicks to level on cata/current expansion.
    But there was no threat of those twilight hammer guys killing you supposedly! And you mess with enough boars trying to get boar asses and supposedly you'd die. Not my Vanilla experience but it is true you'd see more people dying in the world in Vanilla than other periods of the game. Why? Because it was new to everyone then. Now people know what to expect and so you don't see as many stupid deaths in the world.

It is why I would laugh if I went on a Legacy realm and the challenging 'Vanilla world' as in front of me. Killing kobolds and boars does not really worry me like it might have in Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Personally, I don't want legacy servers but I would love for the game to go back to that style...........no LFR/LFD, group quests, an actual talent tree etc but I also know Pandoras Box has been opened and there is no going back.
    I mean I personally LIKE LFR being in the game, at least the MoP version. I felt the difficulty was good enough and you'd see plenty of wipes until people started to auto-pilot/afk them and then it was the disaster that we got in WoD.

Group quests would be easier than you think though, people would just use mods to quickly autoform groups, tag the mob, kill it and disband. There wouldn't be a true challenge. That is why I think they are going to the elite mobs that everyone can tag thing and sticking with it.

I'm not a big fan of the talent system, that is true, but most redundant talent choices in Vanilla/TBC are long since baked into the classes. Some of those talents were really lackluster and just minor damage buffs that added nothing new to the combat rotation or abilities to evade/heal. Part of the reason why I am hyped for Mythic Dungeon+ mode is that it might bring back some of the group challenge I want now that 10 man mythic raiding is dead.

I admit my original post seems exaggerated but I have for sure seen here any many other places on MMO-C and else where on the internet of people claiming that very thing of "Most people whom play private servers are mostly doing it because its free!" usually to discredit ANYONE who suggests that in anyway "aspects or features" of past expansions we're superior in any way to the current games.
    That's still far from what your original statement was implying.

The idea that 'most people who play private servers are doing it because it's free' should be rephrased without the mostly; as no one has the clear data to substantiate accurate percentage. Yet the truth remains, there is a percentage of people who play private servers simply because they are free, as will they sign a petition because there are no consequences to do so. These are simply cases where 'people who play private servers' can't be used as supporting evidence for either side of the argument because of the ambiguity involved.

Unless we have the data that tells us private server players are willing to pay (which not even a poll would provide accurately), all we have is biased opinion and anecdotes to support this claim. We know that there are people willing to pay, we simply don't know how many there are. This supports neither argument.

The case of anti-legacy using this as evidence is just as flawed as anyone using it as a metric.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-05-28 at 06:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    That's still far from what your original statement was implying.

The idea that 'most people who play private servers are doing it because it's free' should be rephrased without the mostly; as no one has the clear data to substantiate accurate percentage. Yet the truth remains, there is a percentage of people who play private servers simply because they are free, as will they sign a petition because there are no consequences to do so. These are simply cases where 'people who play private servers' can't be used as supporting evidence for either side of the argument because of the ambiguity involved.

Unless we have the data that tells us private server players are willing to pay (which not even a poll would provide accurately), all we have is biased opinion and anecdotes to support this claim. We know that there are people willing to pay, we simply don't know how many there are. This supports neither argument.

The case of anti-legacy using this as evidence is just as flawed as anyone using it as a metric.
    100% agreed allot of these metrics that we speak up are usually heavily flawed and shouldn't ever be used as a fact, I was mainly replying to those who state that sorry if it came off wrong at all.

Over all I ever wanted was to play my game again and you can continue playing your game with no interference or ever hearing about my opinion on it, also there are people stating that legacy servers would take resources away from the current WoW and that has no bearing whatsoever either only Blizzard knows what it will take to get legacy wow working and I'm sure 100% their either evaluating that or have evaluated it, either way if legacy servers we're to become a thing more then likely they would just hire new programmers/move some around that *opt* to be moved and have them get paid to work on it.

Also if Legacy WoW became a thing the idea that it once again will take resources from current WoW is flawed because we presume for Blizzard to create legacy servers would be doing so with Profit in mind so any profit made from legacy wow could easily be put to current wow or other games so it could benefit the current game as well as the old game.

100% agreed allot of these metrics that we speak up are usually heavily flawed and shouldn't ever be used as a fact, I was mainly replying to those who state that sorry if it came off wrong at all.

Over all I ever wanted was to play my game again and you can continue playing your game with no interference or ever hearing about my opinion on it, also there are people stating that legacy servers would take resources away from the current WoW and that has no bearing whatsoever either only Blizzard knows what it will take to get legacy wow working and I'm sure 100% their either evaluating that or have evaluated it, either way if legacy servers we're to become a thing more then likely they would just hire new programmers/move some around that *opt* to be moved and have them get paid to work on it.

Also if Legacy WoW became a thing the idea that it once again will take resources from current WoW is flawed because we presume for Blizzard to create legacy servers would be doing so with Profit in mind so any profit made from legacy wow could easily be put to current wow or other games so it could benefit the current game as well as the old game.
    And if those Legacy realms fail it could harm current WoW by having resources diverted away from WoW as a whole to other games Blizz is doing. You just can't say it has no bearing whatsoever when there are risks that anyone can see. It is true we don't know the potential costs or if it would divert manpower from current WoW but there is a chance it COULD divert manpower from current WoW and that is something I'm against. I don't have a say in the matter of course but I am just giving my opinion on it.

What if Legacy starts out strong but then starts to fail. Does that mean money from current WoW needs to get diverted to promote or prop up Legacy?

10+ Year Old Account
    And if those Legacy realms fail it could harm current WoW by having resources diverted away from WoW as a whole to other games Blizz is doing. You just can't say it has no bearing whatsoever when there are risks that anyone can see. It is true we don't know the potential costs or if it would divert manpower from current WoW but there is a chance it COULD divert manpower from current WoW and that is something I'm against. I don't have a say in the matter of course but I am just giving my opinion on it.

What if Legacy starts out strong but then starts to fail. Does that mean money from current WoW needs to get diverted to promote or prop up Legacy?
    Well once again this is all *calculated* assumptions but it I assume if suddenly at some point after legacy servers are released and if they stop turning a profit I assure you they'll announce their shutting it down and do just that if their isn't a big change, I doubt they would try to prop it up for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...18634469670912
    I thought this might be fun for some people to see. Wonder what they will bring for Blizzard on the technical side.
    Pretty much nothing.
    Seriously. How many times do we have to point this out: NOST IS AN EMULATOR It is not an official server. It is not using official server code. ANYTHING they did to the code they were using will be 99.99% meaningless to blizzard, as it would be almost guaranteed to be completely inccombatable to anything they would use in house unless they decided to actually use a Mangos Emulated Blizzlike server as the codebase for an official Legacy Realm (which has about as much chance of happening as I do of getting to sleep with every woman who has ever been a playboy bunny.)

I mean, seriously. That is about as stupid as thinking that the guys who emulate Console Hardware for PS2 / SNES / NES etc systems would be able to then turn around and give Nintendo or Sony advice on how to make their games work better on their own systems...........based on the bug fixes they did to get them to work on software that just pretends to act like those systems.....

- - - Updated - - -

In other news (and I know, this isn't the "Point out what an asshole Mark Kern is" thread, but it should be good for some discussion none the less) appearently completely fucking up Firefall and getting kicked out of his own company just wasnt enough for Mark Kern. Instead, according to a post he made on Reddit and later deleted (but the comments kind of speak for themselves), he actually asked the few people still playing the game to ACTIVELY TRY TO HELP IT DIE, so that he can buy it from The9 (the guys who currently own it) when it crashes an burns, whereby he imagines himself swooping in as some kind of saviour to begin "re-developing" it so that it can be the glorious game he always envisioned it to be.

I mean, seriously. What the ever living fuck. It takes some fucking gigantic balls to actually ask a community to help tank a game they obviously love so that you can buy it on the cheap after it dies and pretend to save it with your almight vision (never mind that you were the person who is largely responsible for it being in the current state of near lifesupport that it is today). I honestly wonder who the hell he thinks will be stupid enough to work with him after all the shit he currently pulled. I mean, the gaming industry isnt exactly huge, and he has burned pretty much every bridge he could possibly burn relating to this thing.

In all honesty, it quite frankly boggles my mind that the people at blizzard even bothered to give this guy the time of day, let alone agree to an actual meeting......

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    snip
    Damn I just read through a lot of that thread, Kern is a real fucking asshole in that thread. Has no problem trying to sabotage what is left of the game not seeming to care about people still employed there. Then he thinks he is going to be some savior that redeems himself in the burning wreckage that is the remains of the game after it tanks. Wow.

Pretty much nothing.
    Seriously. How many times do we have to point this out: NOST IS AN EMULATOR It is not an official server. It is not using official server code. ANYTHING they did to the code they were using will be 99.99% meaningless to blizzard, as it would be almost guaranteed to be completely inccombatable to anything they would use in house unless they decided to actually use a Mangos Emulated Blizzlike server as the codebase for an official Legacy Realm (which has about as much chance of happening as I do of getting to sleep with every woman who has ever been a playboy bunny.)
    Keep telling yourself that. If it helps you sleep better at night I won't disagree with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. If it helps you sleep better at night I won't disagree with you!
    Did you have something to contribute, or were you just going to shitpost? I mean, if you had any meaningful insight into why you think I might be wrong, I would love to hear it. But what you said amounted to 17 words that meant absolutely nothing. If you are going to post, at least contribute.

NOST IS AN EMULATOR
    Mangos is an emulator, because it implements a proprietary WoW protocol and the proprietary WoW in-game content.

It takes some fucking gigantic balls to actually ask a community to help tank a game they obviously love so that you can buy it on the cheap after it dies and pretend to save it with your almight vision
    That's business.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Did you have something to contribute, or were you just going to shitpost? I mean, if you had any meaningful insight into why you think I might be wrong, I would love to hear it. But what you said amounted to 17 words that meant absolutely nothing. If you are going to post, at least contribute.
    Oh I've contributed many times in the thread. You apparently didn't read any of it to refute your own opinion on an emulator somehow making Nosts work irrelevant. Let me enlighten you a bit on the programing world. Code is used from wherever it can be taken from. Doesn't matter what it is. Hence why they are excited to meet Nost to see what they did to get around these technological challenges. Why do you think people also rip off others ideas? Companies have used random peoples patches in their OS like Windows for example, before, yet you are complaining Blizzard can't, even after they say they are excited to meet Nost for this specific purpose.

If you are going to post, at least contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.