Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Given how raiding has changed, most guilds don't require long apps anymore. In most cases it will be enough to show that you want to raid.
    Here is our whole app. With those questions we gage and find out just about all we need to know in 10 to 15 minutes. People really belief raiding guilds have massive apps. While some do, that is a flavor choice, and should be a warning sign to people that do like that flavor. A good sign to those that do.

1. Please link your armory.

2. Are you will to accept personal responsibility?

3. Can you thrive in an environment where you can take and give professional criticism?

4. We raid M/W/Th 8est to 10:30est. Can you make these raid times a majority of these nights?

5. We use Internet forums, discord, and mumble actively to communicate. Do you have a problem using any of these?

6. Are you willing to join us in mumble for a 10 to 15 minute chat just so we both are aware of each other's "feel"?

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Blizzard could enable LFR for mythic difficulty, but then they would need to take out an insurance policy against employees drowning in nerd tears.
    Even normal is likely sufficient to flood the Blizzard headquarters and their service centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Here is our whole app. With those questions we gage and find out just about all we need to know in 10 to 15 minutes. People really belief raiding guilds have massive apps. While some do, that is a flavor choice, and should be a warning sign to people that do like that flavor. A good sign to those that do.

1. Please link your armory.

2. Are you will to accept personal responsibility?

3. Can you thrive in an environment where you can take and give professional criticism?

4. We raid M/W/Th 8est to 10:30est. Can you make these raid times a majority of these nights?

5. We use Internet forums, discord, and mumble actively to communicate. Do you have a problem using any of these?

6. Are you willing to join us in mumble for a 10 to 15 minute chat just so we both are aware of each other's "feel"?
    I'm in favour of such an application style over long ones, especially ones that ask for rotation information or stat priority even though anyone can copy paste this information from some guide. In my guild we prioritise chatting to all applicants on voice to gauge the fit.

I would add logs to that list. Not to look at ranking percentiles or absolute output on farm, but to look at progression kills. I overview all healer applications and I look for things that contribute to a progression kill instead of throughput/uptime through the use of filters.

At the end of the day there's no real way of telling how someone will perform under progression pressure until you put them there.

If LFR dropped "special shards" that can be crafted into a socket or warforge upgrade a piece of gear, I'll will help carry nubs and bottom feeders through LFR all day, every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    I'm in favour of such an application style over long ones, especially ones that ask for rotation information or stat priority even though anyone can copy paste this information from some guide. In my guild we prioritise chatting to all applicants on voice to gauge the fit.

I would add logs to that list. Not to look at ranking percentiles or absolute output on farm, but to look at progression kills. I overview all healer applications and I look for things that contribute to a progression kill instead of throughput/uptime through the use of filters.

At the end of the day there's no real way of telling how someone will perform under progression pressure until you put them there.
    I've gone down the route of an even simpler approach for my raid teams applications for a guild that's 13/13M.

1: What should we know about you?

2: What character are you applying on?

3: Do you have any log links for us?

Then tick the raid nights you can make.

For me, the application to a guild is to register their interest and I feel you don't necessarily want to deter anyone from being interested. Although we are still an incredibly casual guild, but generally I know the attitude and what I'm looking for in people. If you try to outline what specifically you're after then people write towards that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The last thing WOW needs at this point is more of a focus on raiding. Raiding needs to have less than half of the focus it does now. There needs to be more to the game than that.

Deleted
    haha. such a troll post.
    not funny.
    raiding scene is already too accessible

As much as I love raiding I kinda have to agree. Raiding is in a pretty good spot. It certainly doesnt need extra love. I might argue a bit about allowing a flex mythic thing just so any group can tackle top content and maybe a fixed raid size for competitive raiding only.. but is it high on the list? Not a chance in hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The last thing WOW needs at this point is more of a focus on raiding. Raiding needs to have less than half of the focus it does now. There needs to be more to the game than that.
    Whatever it is it must be group-content. The game is really dull without multiplayer in my opinion. Currently the best multiplayer aspects it has is the PvE and PvP raiding and battlegrounds via the main class system.

Currently, nothing compels me or every other person in my raid group to log in except on raid nights. This is terrible for the game imo. I logon on a non raid night to collect garrison missions and I'd be lucky to get like 2 other guild mates on. We need more appeal outside of raid not in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Currently, nothing compels me or every other person in my raid group to log in except on raid nights. This is terrible for the game imo. I logon on a non raid night to collect garrison missions and I'd be lucky to get like 2 other guild mates on. We need more appeal outside of raid not in raids.
    Exactly this. I hate that all I have to do is raiding. Even with legions mythic dungeons, something else would be nice too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Exactly this. I hate that all I have to do is raiding. Even with legions mythic dungeons, something else would be nice too.
    What do you need? Grind something? Did you get all the mounts? Do you want multiplayer gaming because single player gaming is dull in WoW? Did you do all the PvP achievements? I don't know, but if someone has done all the game achievements in PvP and PvE then I pass but otherwise, I would find it hard to believe the game has nothing. Also people might be exaggerating a bit when they compare older expansions. It's not like you had to do a ton of stuff previously if you were playing from early on very rigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What do you need? Grind something? Did you get all the mounts? Do you want multiplayer gaming because single player gaming is dull in WoW? Did you do all the PvP achievements? I don't know, but if someone has done all the game achievements in PvP and PvE then I pass but otherwise, I would find it hard to believe the game has nothing. Also people might be exaggerating a bit when they compare older expansions. It's not like you had to do a ton of stuff previously if you were playing from early on very rigorously.
    I mean more that I want meaningful endgame content.

For PvE we have Raiding and that's it. Mythic dungeons were nice, but I never ran them for gear, just for valor. Other than that we have the tanaan stuff which was already behind Mythic BRF when it launched, in terms of ilvl.

For PvP you have Ashran, which is just mob from A to B and that's it. Nothing really meaningful about it. Arena's are fun as are RBG's.

Achievement hunting, pet farming, mount farming don't interest me. As it is the majority of that is solo content for past expansions.

I had plenty of stuff to do in MoP. Even in SoO, I had dailies I could do that helped my character out. There was the farm (lol), CM's, raiding, not to mention farming the big world bosses for a chance at the mount. In terms of per patch release, with the exception of 5.3, every patch had a ton of other content to do with it. When ToT released we had the whole Isle of Thunder to explore, it felt amazing as we progressed through the stages as a realm. It's something we haven't done in awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I had plenty of stuff to do in MoP. Even in SoO, I had dailies I could do that helped my character out. There was the farm (lol), CM's, raiding, not to mention farming the big world bosses for a chance at the mount. In terms of per patch release, with the exception of 5.3, every patch had a ton of other content to do with it. When ToT released we had the whole Isle of Thunder to explore, it felt amazing as we progressed through the stages as a realm. It's something we haven't done in awhile.
    I still don't get it to be honest. It appears that most players confuse their personal time when they had fun with the content that is current because those example don't sound that different in fun compared to WoD. Also you seem to ignore WoD's features, like you say CMs like WoD doesn't have CMs, but it does, you say farm abstractly, as if it doesn't have it, you say world bosses, but it does have those and there is at least one world boss mount.

There is one feature in WoD that probably creates this whole perception that the game has absolutely nothing. The Garrisons. They did the grave error of secluding the player inside an instance of 1 player, isolating him completely from the rest of the game with very rare exceptions, which is the most important error I have ever seen this game do. I'm pretty sure that creates severe negativity about the expansion in whole because it really encompasses most of the aspects of it and it defines it. The Order Halls are clearly completely different at that because you'll have other players from the entire game being there at all times, which will create a completely different feeling about it. It would be nothing like the garrisons and it doesn't matter if it has missions. Even if it had more missions and more followers it would still be better.

Now if someone does separates that "I'm trapped in the garrison alone" feeling that defines the entire expansion with the rest of the content, I do not see any severe changes from other expansions. I've been active in past expansions. After a point you do run out of easy content and the only content that still remains are some very extreme achievements in PvP and some other very annoying grinding which is not much different from today, if at all.

Well yes, WoD does have CM's and they are quite challenging, much more than the MoP ones. I think garrisons put a really bad taste in my mouth for the whole xpac though.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Blizzard CAN'T make the raiding scene more appealing--the 'scene' is to the rest of the game what MOBAs are to the rest of gaming.
    It's toxic content fostering a toxic environment developed for toxic people by other toxic people who grew up playing entire GAMES that only featured toxic content, and decided that they could do worse.
    LOL. That's one way to look at it.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

As a result we've seen that subscriber numbers have diminished substantially.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    7/13 mythic and I only pug, so I have no idea what you're talking about

Ooooh, I figured it out, what you really want is the game to be made easier for you, so you can do what I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Sadly this is what is hurting the game at this point. They hold the raids hostage for a handful of guilds to flex epicness. It is now costing more money by catering to the so-called world race. Gating lfr for 2 month's did not work in WOD. Many people cancelled their subs before lfr full opened in HFC as well.
    You know there's two whole difficulties between Mythic and LFR? I feel like MMO-Champion has forgotten these exist.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2016-05-28 at 06:39 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    7/13 mythic and I only pug, so I have no idea what you're talking about

Ooooh, I figured it out, what you really want is the game to be made easier for you, so you can do what I do.
    You can get much better progress on openraid as well. I killed xhul in christmas before my guild did it. It wasn't easy but easier than averagely progressed guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Sadly this is what is hurting the game at this point. They hold the raids hostage for a handful of guilds to flex epicness. It is now costing more money by catering to the so-called world race. Gating lfr for 2 month's did not work in WOD. Many people cancelled their subs before lfr full opened in HFC as well.
    I think Blizz themselves enjoy the world's first race, I don't think it is a business decision. That is the only way it would make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after nerfing it into the ground many still fail on basic mechanics in LFR. How in the hell could the OP believe a group of randoms with no communication would come together and complete mythic, hard or hell even normal would be a challenge most of the time.

You get a group where no one owns a vent server, you're fucked. Blizz tried the in game voice communication, epic failure. This just flat out would not work on any difficulty higher than LFR. Look at MoP LFR, people begged for it to be nerfed because without a few more skilled raiders hunting tier or trinkets it was near impossible.