Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "bullshit ults" are largely avoidable, meaning they aren't "bullshit"; that's you getting outplayed. Got High Nooned to death? Don't stand in the open where McCree can shoot you. You've got plenty of time to duck for cover.

And you can boil any game down to that kind of ridiculous statement and pretend it's simple. Take chess; "look up some openings, learn what pieces do what, don't get caught by cheap tricks, soooo complex". And yet, it is complex. Enough that people literally spend their entire lives improving their game.
    "I pressed a single button and instantly killed the whole team with my aim bot. I am a god at this complex game!" Literally lol. Pressing 1 button doesn't mean you out-skilled somebody.

You understand there are thousands of variables in chess you have to memorize compared to "oh look a bastion, I will pick tracer now."?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Look up a guide on who counters who learn to aim and hope you dont get 1 shot by bullshit ults. Soooo complex bros
    And you'll still throw games if you don't have good teamwork, don't know when to back, don't know when to group, don't know to stay on the fucking objective...

- - - Updated - - -

"I pressed a single button and instantly killed the whole team with my aim bot. I am a god at this complex game!" Literally lol. Pressing 1 button doesn't mean you out-skilled somebody.
    You think S76 has a bullshit ulti?

LOL, scrub alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And you'll still throw games if you don't have good teamwork, don't know when to back, don't know when to group, don't know to stay on the fucking objective...

- - - Updated - - -

You think S76 has a bullshit ulti?

LOL, scrub alert.
    Yeah im bad at shooters. I also average 20 kills a game with gold medals in objective time and damage. So much for your complex game that anybody can master in a few hours.

You do understand I use mcree and bastion and 76 a lot because they have iwin buttons, right? If this were any game with any complexity like cs or ut, I wouldn't get a single kill. Like 0 and dead the whole match. This game is not complex and I shit on people in it.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-05-28 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to learn hard but rewarding to master. Recipe for a winning game. I really hope the people who complain about OW can just fuck off back to LoL/CoD/WoW instead of trying to develop a toxic community like they have for every other big game. The game is awesome and I have been playing it flat out until my wife rages.

The ults are great and there is ample time to dodge them if possible. Not to mention how fucking loud they are, ie when you hear a 12 year old girl shout NERF THIS, get los asap.

Reapers ult is easy its 'die die ugggggg'
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Simple to learn, hard to master.
    Simple games are never hard to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Simple games are never hard to master.
    how have you literally never heard the tagline for othello

how many rocks do you live under

People thinking pub games = competitive play.

Stahp.

10+ Year Old Account
    get 1 shot by bullshit ults
    Do you play with audio off by any chance? Because there are HUGE audio hints every time someone uses ultimate, everyone on the entire map can hear it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I see a lot of reviews and people claiming that OW is a very simple game - and on the surface I can agree. It only has a couple game modes and there is no customization of heroes but when you start to look deeper I think that argument falls apart.

The complexity is in the metagame, so although the base mechanics are simple I don't feel that you can say the game lacks depth - it just needs time to mature and once ranked play is added this will become more evident.

What do you guy think? Do you agree or disagree? All opinions are welcome!
    What fascinates me about CS:GO without having played it myself is how the pro teams have the exact positions and timings figured out. Stand here, throw a grenade there, push over yonder, headshot the dude that's coming round the corner etc. That game is so old in meta-time, everything is known and it's pure tactics. Throw smoke in a certain angle, it could be a push or it could be a feint... the map hardly comes into effect when it's well created and it's all about the teams and their skill.

Overwatch has those points, too. I notice a few chokepoints that are suited for certain heroes, almost every choke has a way to get flanked, the angles are there... once the players get more experienced, I expect some more tactical play instead of the CoD/BF rushing that's done now. People are still learning the game. I know I still find new alleys to circumvent the opponent's defensive line all the time. It's fun to pop up behind the team as tracer and harrass them into leaving their position.

So yeah, it is simple at first. But so was CS in the beginning. It'll get more mature and it'll find it's meta soon enough. Once that happens, we'll see that "difficulty" of these competetive games doesn't rely as much on the game mechanics or maps as on the skill of the opposing team. The tools are there, the variety is there. This could be come one heck of a complicated and difficult game once the meta escalates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanct View Post
    People thinking pub games = competitive play.

Stahp.
    People thinking competitive play = pro circuit.

Stahp.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

When people say the game is simple I think you misunderstand. As stated before, Overwatch is a game that is very simple to jump into and have a decent experience. But it also has a pretty high skill ceiling making the game difficult to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What fascinates me about CS:GO without having played it myself is how the pro teams have the exact positions and timings figured out. Stand here, throw a grenade there, push over yonder, headshot the dude that's coming round the corner etc. That game is so old in meta-time, everything is known and it's pure tactics. Throw smoke in a certain angle, it could be a push or it could be a feint... the map hardly comes into effect when it's well created and it's all about the teams and their skill.

Overwatch has those points, too. I notice a few chokepoints that are suited for certain heroes, almost every choke has a way to get flanked, the angles are there... once the players get more experienced, I expect some more tactical play instead of the CoD/BF rushing that's done now. People are still learning the game. I know I still find new alleys to circumvent the opponent's defensive line all the time. It's fun to pop up behind the team as tracer and harrass them into leaving their position.

So yeah, it is simple at first. But so was CS in the beginning. It'll get more mature and it'll find it's meta soon enough. Once that happens, we'll see that "difficulty" of these competetive games doesn't rely as much on the game mechanics or maps as on the skill of the opposing team. The tools are there, the variety is there. This could be come one heck of a complicated and difficult game once the meta escalates.

- - - Updated - - -

Stahp.
    as someone who was playing CS competitively when it was new

youre not correct in the assumption that CS is only tactical because its old

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    as someone who was playing CS competitively when it was new

youre not correct in the assumption that CS is only tactical because its old
    No certainly not only because of that, but it seems to have established strategies by now. I mean established to a point where you can make semi-accurate predictions about positions.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    i just think it's like every other shooter. Nothing special

No certainly not only because of that, but it seems to have established strategies by now. I mean established to a point where you can make semi-accurate predictions about positions.
    and that cant be said about overwatch?

or literally any game that is not 100% hidden knowledge?

like, cmon now. at least pretend to have a point

Stahp.
    Never alluded to professional play.

Deleted
    how have you literally never heard the tagline for othello

how many rocks do you live under
    I did and it is only PR line so their game doesnt look so casual. Simple games are easy to learn and master end of story.

and that cant be said about overwatch?

or literally any game that is not 100% hidden knowledge?

like, cmon now. at least pretend to have a point
    That is entirely the point I was making. You're being pointlessly argumentative right now. :P

Yeah im bad at shooters. I also average 20 kills a game with gold medals in objective time and damage. So much for your complex game that anybody can master in a few hours.

You do understand I use mcree and bastion and 76 a lot because they have iwin buttons, right? If this were any game with any complexity like cs or ut, I wouldn't get a single kill. Like 0 and dead the whole match. This game is not complex and I shit on people in it.

I'm unsure if this is a serious post or you're trying to parody that navy sniper copy pasta.

If anyone can master this in a couple of hours (the skill ceiling is that low) then you'd be against and with players of equal skill almost every game. If that were the case you wouldn't be able to maintain three golds in every game. Gold, silver, and bronze are awarded once each per team. Even if what you're saying is true and you're the based god of this game where no one can stand up to your skill, it would only work against your claim that it has a low ceiling.

And I'm really not sure how you're claiming to get merced by Mcree but still be good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor
    I did and it is only PR line so their game doesnt look so casual. Simple games are easy to learn and master end of story.
    Complex and well thought out argument man... /s. You're not refuting the claim based on any evidence like "The average othello player moved from the mean by roughly two deviations while below the Yth percentile per Z hours of learning investment as opposed to a more complex games Q hours." You're just asserting your conclusion again as though it's an actual argument.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2016-05-28 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted

If you think mc crees ult is an I win button you really havent played against good teams... deadeye is not an easy to use ultimate. Yes it aims for you thats not the hard part. You move a ton slower and renders you completely vulnerable to any type of fire plus theres a very clear line that comes with it to warn the enemies to los you. It's all about positioning. Not everything in a team based shooter has to be about pin point precise aiming. Blizz tried to do something a little different here with the abilities and the weapon varieties and they succeeded.

LOL look at this guy talking shit. The game hasn't even been out a week and there's no competitive matchmaking. You're literally bragging about your performance in random MM pubs.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2016-05-28 at 08:11 AM.