Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why, the shamans one sucks as well. Just like I said in one of my previous posts, about classes which always get the short end of stick
    I don't mind Shammy. It's not THAT bad. I haven't seen it recently but the last version I saw was kind of empty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Monks don't need a hall, they have a mountain monastery which is honestly pretty badass. They should have just improved the Monastery honestly.
    I never leveled a Monk past 20 but I always thought the Peak of Serenity was gorgeous. The Wandering Isle is cool and all but reminds me too much of MOP. /gag
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

Shaman have named NPCs all over the place, a chamber for each primordial element with intricate flourishes like glowing waterfalls/vines/lava spheres, a pandaren elemental mini game... It's not personally my cup of tea but you can't say Blizz hasn't given it attention.

The only addition I noticed in the later stages of Alpha was the holy lightning graphic effect in the Naaru room and the candle stands.

• What about Priest Ennas and Priest Kath'mar debating the legacy of the Sunwell and the role that The Light plays in Blood Elf society?
    • What about Tauren Seers like Tahu Sagewind and NE Priestesses like Dentaria Silverglade pontificating on the Sun + Moon connection to the Holy Light?
    • What about Dark Iron dwarves from Shadowforge City gathered around a Forsaken priest from Silverpine Forest in the Shadow chamber discussing the Void?
    • What about an Anchorite and a Soulpriest discussing the Naaru lifecycle?
    • What about a Goblin and Gnome discussing the Light as a renewable resource for energy-based technology?
    • What about priest NPCs from Stormwind Cathedral discussing the role Bishop Farthing and Benedictus played in corrupting human politics?

I mean the possibilities are endless. So much class flavor emanating from the fact that each culture brings their own perspective regarding the Light and the Void. What a waste of potential. Yeah, but just have generic priest titles grouped together doing nothing.

So far I've seen the Mage and Rogue class halls. They are leaps and bounds better than what we have. Now what we have isn't terrible but it's like it was thrown together in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Monks don't need a hall, they have a mountain monastery which is honestly pretty badass. They should have just improved the Monastery honestly.
    I agree, giving them the wandering island makes no sense whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    So far I've seen the Mage and Rogue class halls. They are leaps and bounds better than what we have. Now what we have isn't terrible but it's like it was thrown together in an hour.
    Yes, looks like the only idea they had was to represent the Light with the Draenei cult of the Naaru and the Void with a lack of Details in a lot of open space.

Since I am highly suspicious of that cult and don't really play shadow much all I see is an empty room with a few recycled NPCs they had on stock.

Because changing specs with the click of a button is a gameplay consideration, not a reflection of the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    • What about Priest Ennas and Priest Kath'mar debating the legacy of the Sunwell and the role that The Light plays in Blood Elf society?
    • What about Tauren Seers like Tahu Sagewind and NE Priestesses like Dentaria Silverglade pontificating on the Sun + Moon connection to the Holy Light?
    • What about Dark Iron dwarves from Shadowforge City gathered around a Forsaken priest from Silverpine Forest in the Shadow chamber discussing the Void?
    • What about an Anchorite and a Soulpriest discussing the Naaru lifecycle?
    • What about a Goblin and Gnome discussing the Light as a renewable resource for energy-based technology?
    • What about priest NPCs from Stormwind Cathedral discussing the role Bishop Farthing and Benedictus played in corrupting human politics?
    This! I would very much love to see something like this. When I first saw the priest class hall I cried a little on the inside. Having seen previews of the other halls and then this.... It's safe to say I am not a fan of the priest hall. It feels bland and like it was an after thought. I feel like they had a conversation that went something like this:

"So tha'ts all the class halls done. Good Job Guys! All those hours and weeks and months really paid off."
    "1, 2, 3...10, 11. Uh Guys? I think we forgot one?"
    "Crap! We have no time, quick grab some old assets and throw it in with some mumbo jumbo about where it is. The Priests will never notice!"

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Because changing specs with the click of a button is a gameplay consideration, not a reflection of the lore.
    Indeed, if it were a reflection of lore then you wouldn't have to click that button, you would have all the spells for both specs all the time.
    Maybe you would switch in and out of shadowform.

If anyone gets stuck on the campaign part where you have to go ask the Paladin's help to fight Balnazzar, just fly really high in the air right at the entrance to Light's Hope, fall down and die, and then you'll be able to ghost in through the floor. The game might crash once or twice, as I think it tried to eject me since we're not normally supposed to be there, but I was able to finish that step after logging back it.

And I was wrong about the Light Spawn Healing Dummies totally disappearing. Apparently they appear after you have recruited Sol, one of the Priest Hall followers. He's a Light Spawn top.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-06-08 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    If anyone gets stuck on the campaign part where you have to go ask the Paladin's help to fight Balnazzar, just fly really high in the air right at the entrance to Light's Hope, fall down and die, and then you'll be able to ghost in through the floor. The game might crash once or twice, as I think it tried to eject me since we're not normally supposed to be there, but I was able to finish that step after logging back it.

And I was wrong about the Light Spawn Healing Dummies totally disappearing. Apparently they appear after you have recruited Sol, one of the Priest Hall followers. He's a Light Spawn top.
    You don't need to do that. The door is in the floor. All you have to do is click it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    You don't need to do that. The door is in the floor. All you have to do is click it.
    I was unable to for some reason.

I dont believe ours is terrible, but there is definitely sooo much more they couldve done. I loved the feeling of walking into the Cathedral of Light and feel like im part of the Priest class.

I'm super bitter about the class hall too. It just isn't what Priests should be.

I would rather have seen something like a large temple, or even a big open encampment full of tents and cemeteries and a little chapel in the center. Here, priests of all races are tending to the wounded, the sick, bandaging and delivering inspirational hymns to the hurt and scared. Regardless of race, priests unite under the one thing that drives us - helping the wounded and protecting our people. In our order hall we may have important NPCs and lore figures stopping by to deliver food donations, tithes, receiving blessings or having been wounded in need of first aid. In the chapel sits a new archbishop delivering words of the light - a crowd of light-oriented races listen to him (humans, dwarves, gnomes, Worgen, Undead, blood elves). Across the order hall sits a shrine, where the tribal races worship their sources of power (trolls and Tauren are here) there is a moonwell nearby where Tyrande and the moon priestesses reside as well as a few Worgen who may have turned to that faith in Darnassus. There is a Naaru nearby for Draenei, a "tithing station" and "paid confessional" stand operated by some Goblins running a faith healing scam (think Peter Popoff, send me 3 easy payments of 59.99 to receive God's blessing).

Then there's the shadow priests. There are a few who are mending the wounded just as efficiently as the holy and discs, some are out in the front lines fighting demons that come near, some are performing experiments on imps and voidwalkers. There could be a small tunnel for the Old God worshipping ones.

The current order hall is way too Draenei. It's going to be awkward as hell walking around as a Troll. I don't care about the Naaru, it goes completely against my religion that the power I call upon is of Naaru origin to begin with. It's the Loa I draw my power from, who my people are inspired by.

They should have just kept the order hall nice and simple, because we Priests are a simple folk. We're good-hearted individuals with an undying faith that empowers us. We mend to our people.

Slightly unrelated, but is the class title still Cardinal? Or did they change it to High Priest?

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Slightly unrelated, but is the class title still Cardinal? Or did they change it to High Priest?
    AFAIK it was changed to High Priest. Cardinal really makes no sense outside of the Church of the Holy Light.
    @Humbugged priests have by far the most diverse range of sources for their power. I'm still confused why they tunneled so hard into the Draenei theme. Maybe someone should submit a question for the upcoming Q&A about their lack of initiative with the priest order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    AFAIK it was changed to High Priest. Cardinal really makes no sense outside of the Church of the Holy Light.
    Good, that means I can go full Lovecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Really? Cardinal was so much less generic.

Why not use a more common title spread across several real life religions such as "Patriarch"?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    ...Really? Cardinal was so much less generic.

Why not use a more common title spread across several real life religions such as "Patriarch"?
    Because a Patriarch is male and I have a feeling some might get offended. If they added that + Matriarch it would be the only class with 2 titles i think.

Am I seeing this correctly that there is not a single npc with an Anathema? I saw Benediction in the video...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    Because a Patriarch is male and I have a feeling some might get offended. If they added that + Matriarch it would be the only class with 2 titles i think.
    Matriarch for women obviously.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

A lot of people here say that priest is a mix of two extremes, yin/yang sort of thing, balance of light and shadow. Makes me wonder - how does that work? Isn't priest an archetypical "good dude" who can heal and save allies with Light, and Shadow is some sort of aberration?

Shadow Priest abilities don't really fit Priest at all, right now it's just a cluster of Shadow or Void-something abilities. Is priest training really like "Okay acolyte, here's how you can cure scurvy, here's how you heal a broken leg... oh, I nearly forgot - we gotta teach you how to summon tentacles from your back and explode others heads from within". If some priests are like that, those twisted void-obsessed beings, shouldn'd they be total outcasts, like Twilight's Hammer?