Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Reviewers are not worth a shit to me - Im pumped for it and Ill judge the movie my damn self when I see it!
    yep it's like someone complaining they do not like steak because they are a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd say a $30M wake is pretty damned impressive for the markets it opened. Blizzard haters beware, optimism ahead: We'll probably see a $75-100M first week cume here in the states (it really doesn't have much competition for the box office in its opening week) with the movie going to finish around a half billion in total worldwide ticket sales. Whether that's enough to warrant a sequel is ultimately up to the studio but it's looking less and less likely this movie will be the complete dud people who love to hate Blizzard for the sake of hating Blizzard like to claim.
    Half a billion would warrant a sequel. In general, the rule is the take should be at least twice the cost of the movie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Half a billion would warrant a sequel. In general, the rule is the take should be at least twice the cost of the movie.
    I did a bit more research and was reading studio expectations are a very modest <$20M for this movie. I personally think will get blown out of the water with the positive overseas word-of-mouth the movie's getting, but... the RT score could very well be a death warrant. It really could go either way at this point, but I still think it'll do better than the other films opening that week (both of which are sequels of not-really-that-amazing films).

I did a bit more research and was reading studio expectations are a very modest <$20M for this movie. I personally think will get blown out of the water with the positive overseas word-of-mouth the movie's getting, but... the RT score could very well be a death warrant. It really could go either way at this point, but I still think it'll do better than the other films opening that week (both of which are sequels of not-really-that-amazing films).
    20 million is that a typo and you meant 200 m ? i thought cause cost of cgi they neeed atleast 250 mil to cover costs

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    20 million is that a typo and you meant 200 m ? i thought cause cost of cgi they neeed atleast 250 mil to cover costs
    I meant for the opening weekend, not total gross.

I meant for the opening weekend, not total gross.
    ah k /10chars

Deleted
    Psst.. The movie thread is this way -> Much warcraft movie thread. Such wow

The Warcraft universe has many many stories and a deep lore (story) web that goes on for a long, long time. This is only a small part of the recent past before Vanilla WoW, as such it means that we could see many future movies in this world and I hope they make them. If you've played WoW or Warcraft games (or know the lore) then you'll notice a lot of details throughout the movie like major characters in lore (future stories) that didn't have a big part in this movie, locations you've traveled in the game and the costumes are all so well done.

Is it a movie that is going to win awards and make records? Probably not, however it's a movie that no fan of the Warcraft universe should miss out on seeing. It met my expectations and more as a fan who's clocked over 10 years now in WoW and several more in WC2 and WC3, it's a movie that will play well with the fans who knows some of the story from before which makes it easier to feel for the characters. For those viewers that might not know the lore I think it'll fall a bit short, in no way is this movie any less than 50%. The music and sound is good, the acting is impeccable and the story is well told (albeit not as exciting as one might expect).
    Is it going to be another LotR? Obviously not, but it can very well become a franchise that attracts a lot of people
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The movie will suck (score will go down even more as number of reviews increase).

However, it will still make a ton of money because everyone still wants to see it.

This was such a predictable outcome, I really just don't know what Blizzard was thinking. They've been mishandling a lot of things lately, I wonder if there's some internal kerfuffle going on.

Deleted
    Some of the comments here show the mentality issues that have some people especially from US.

''Anyone didnt expect that?''

''What blizzard was thinking''

It is like trends rule the US and critical thinking of people has been absent for quite some time.Watched the movie and for me it was a solid 8/10 and my friends gave it a 7/10. Watch the movie yourself and judge it byyourself. Not to mention the majority of EUropean critics have been quite positive about the film(except UK even though there some positive reviews there aswell).

If u judge a movie by the trends or by what u expect to see then in my eyes u have 0 credibility.Movie hasnt opened in US and u still see people from US being more critical and sharing opinion about.How about stfu and wait till the movie airs to get a solid look on the movie(even if it is bad according to u)

10+ Year Old Account
    the RT score could very well be a death warrant.
    The RT score doesn't mean jack yet. Even the site itself notes that there's no consensus yet. We'll really need to see what the bulk of critics say and that's not until the weekend of the 9th.

I have X1 on Comcast and one of the things they do for movies is show the RT scores - there's a fair amount of movies the are technically 'rotten' (under 60%) with critics with the audience rating being noticeably higher. I don't think that's a surprise - critics tend to be harder on popcorn movies that audiences who usually are just out for a fun weekend evening.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-05-28 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't critics usually hate Michael Bay movies? Yet somehow, those movies still sell like gangbusters. A movie doesn't always have to be a thought provoking Oscar-bait masterpiece. Sometimes people just want to sit down and watch explosions and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    or you could like, you know, for your own opinion
    Was sarcasm

That movie needed more jokes, acting (less overacting) and details.

Also less retardation in the script and fighting scenes -- those were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    I've seen it on Wednesday (3d).

My2c:

- Orcs look great, especially in 3d
    - The Armor on humans looks awesome
    - Garona has Tic-Tacs for fangs
    - The story is all over the place, some odd choices here and there
    - you can recognize places from the RTS games and WoW alike
    - Gul'dan is one of the highlights of the film
    - there's 1 murloc in it, why not more?!

Personally, I give it a 6.5/10 -and that's with the nerd bonus of mine.

It's by FAR not a bad movie, but high expectations coupled with the weird pacing of the movie lessens the experience.

Also, @Tsugunai: A flop is when nobody goes to see a movie and it doesn't make back what it cost to produce.
    I can stand behind much of this but i also think that:

- The orcs in the background didnt seem all that natural
    - It was quite funny at times
    - Tons of eastereggs for wow players
    - Lots of awesome magic!
    - Could have used 30 more minutes to not jump around like it did

I would give it 7,5 maybe 8, but a fair rating would be 6,5 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    - It was quite funny at times
    - Tons of eastereggs for wow players
    Such as? I don't remember any joke and some funny scenes were there only accidentally funny.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    Don't critics usually hate Michael Bay movies? Yet somehow, those movies still sell like gangbusters. A movie doesn't always have to be a thought provoking Oscar-bait masterpiece. Sometimes people just want to sit down and watch explosions and have a good time.
    Duncan Jones != Michael Bay

The 2 movies to DJ credit are all dramas.

If Blizzard was really aiming for a mindless summer blockbuster, I have no idea why they would choose DJ ... unless they really though that their lore had drama potential. LOL
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Such as? I don't remember any joke and some funny scenes were there only accidentally funny.
    Fun is subjective. What you find fun might not be fun for someone else.

I laughed, the theater (which was full btw) laughed aswel during the movie, several times.

Homophobia is so gay.

I think this movie will absolutely be classified as a flop.

But I also expect it to make money in the long run so technically it won't be a flop.