Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I'm a nice person on cover. I only take my more monstrous opinions out on elusive forums or imageboards but never in the games I play.
    Well this little detail lends itself quite nicely towards explaining your choice of thread topics and titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I usually have no idea if the people I'm playing online with are actually male or female unless they tell me, and tbh I don't really care either. One of my alts is in a guild where one of the officers is a total elitist prick who gets blocked and kicked from raids and is oblivious as to why. Because of the way they spoke I thought they were a bloke but it turns out she's a 19 year old woman. She's a prick because of her behaviour, not her gender.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not the girl that bothers me. It's the men who give them special treatment for being a girl that immensely annoy me and sometimes disturb me. Cannot tell you how many raiding guilds I've been in that have done this.

For the most part another players gender isnt going to be known by other players, so most female gamers you come across would be completely normal people, but of course you would never know because they dont feel the need to advertise their gender.

The players whose gender you are aware of on the other hand, likely make it known for a reason, and that reason is generally going to be to get some benefits.

soooooo i can see why someone would mistake all female gamers for being horrible shits, but i know quite a few female gamers who play WoW and simply are not, so the argument doesnt apply for me, in fact i dont know a single horrible female gamer other than the ones that are advertised on forums, but if you are looking for the existence of shitty female gamers, you will find them, its a confirmation bias.

Also, as bad as female gamer attention whores are, the 'white knights' or randy nerds who slobber over them are just as bad. In general just be wary of someone who advertises that they are female, and equally be wary of someone who tries making a deal about it.

Deleted
    God we had a girl @Burning legion eu, she was batshitcrazy and everybody knew her coz she was leadin a guild or smth. completely agree with op lawl

On the more serious note. Simple. If they are ok - then it's np. If they want any special attention or smth - then we have a problem. But I am always suspicious of women. You can never trust them.

And have you ever raided with a woman during her peroid? Oh god...
    edit: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, arbitrarily hating women is no better than arbitrarily hating men.

I've been playing WoW for...8, 9 years now, and I can honestly say my interactions with women are no better or no worse than mine with other men. The female players on a whole aren't as good as the male players I've played with, but that's a separate discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    As a female I don't like the boy gamers who tell me they want to marry me as soon as they hear my voice (I'm already married thank you). Equally I don't like getting harassed in whispers by random people who find out in female by watching our stream and whatnot.

But I'm not idiotic enough to think that all men are like this or start to go on about how I hate all men right?

Safe to say though don't like the boy gamers who are so insecure they have to make threads like these to justify their irrational hatred of the opposite gender, as though women weren't human and just as diverse as men. The attitude some people have towards women in general on these forums is just astonishing and I'm not entirely sure how is possible to go through life like that.
    You would be amazed at how many people can sustain themselves on anger.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't experience this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    ANY hate for any women,female, girl, ANY gender, based only on their gender is unjustified.
    It's not just gender. Anyone remembers the fairly recent event when a guy was ridiculed by "community" on a hearthstone tournament just because he was black? I mean you'd think black people are fairly common in USA (I would think so, I live in EU tho) and what's so weird that some of them play games competitively? But apparently for some people it's like OMG it's a black guy! A black guy playing basketball is normal, a black guy playing hearthstone is some sight to laugh at? No idea what the heck...

15+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I see anything to do with hatred for female gamers I don't understand why it is discussed. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD. Most of the stuff that happens will continue happen because all people do is talk about it.

OP, I think you're looking at it in just correct way. I'm playing mmo's since 2007 and I've met a LOT of women. 95% of them are unreliable, whiny, bad players, sometimes using their gender disgustingly often. I can't say I've met any psychotic bitches, maybe only guild leader of my second raiding guild... And even then not as much psychotic, as just a bitch. I've even been friends with some. They're easy to impress with well-geared strong character and normally start talking to you regularly. Actually I probably shouldn't be so hard on them, I mean yeah they just want to have fun, it's a game, they just don't see it from men's perspective. But still... I would never want to play with a female. In any game. I'd really like them to just limit themselves to phone games.
    Also let me remind you of this rule: There are no girls on the internet

Have a nice day and stay away from our games, ladies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm.... Where did I put my "Oh shit, not this thread again" gif?

Deleted
    SO with what I see in this thread, I am least at peace knowing I'm not exactly crazy for my train of thought lately.
    I suggest a warm relaxing bath. Don't forget your rubberducky btw.

My miss is a gamer, so no i don't hate them all. For some reason i dislike the streaming ones who are out just to get donations and play bad, but then isn't every big streamer just trying to make a living?

I have came across one in the past who has tried to bed every desperate kid in the guild on some bizarre quest for power/influence. If the guys are falling into her trap and the guild turns toxic ill just leave find another.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-05-28 at 11:44 AM.

But at the end of the day, I wonder if I'm looking at this too negatively.
    Relax, you will stop hating on women instantly as soon as you'll find yourself one. /pat
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

There are all kinds of people who play games, both male and female. I've played with both males and females over the years I've been on MMOs. You get all kinds of people. I don't see why you are focusing on females. There are alot of shitty, drama filled males who are gamers as well.

Sometimes I wonder if it's ever justified, but I just fucking hate women in online games. People stereotype they're all collectively psychotic bitches always nagging, being abnormal, and also horribly inept at the games they taint with their presence. Usually the worst offender is when they're paired with those white knight boyfriends or men they have on an absolute leash. This is not a passing thing or exaggeration but so common I really do think they're ALL LIKE THIS. Point case, the hot topic in the front of MMO C detailing a guild breakup based entirely on a woman's antics. Other than that, you know they always bitch over sexism and blah blah blah in media outlets. That shit is maddening.

But at the end of the day, I wonder if I'm looking at this too negatively.
    If even someone like you, who quite clearly despises women, has to ask if it's justified to hate all female gamers, then it's quite clearly not justified.

While I'm sure there are some women that act the way you describe, they are a tiny minority, and I've seen far more examples of men behaving the way you are describing, than women. Either way, hating their entire gender based on their actions is ridiculous, the same way someone hating all men for being misogynistic douchebags based on your post would be.

You've clearly made up your mind already though, but in my experience, I've had more fun gaming with my female friends than with any guys. Maybe you just need to find new people to play with to help change your mind, or you'll end up having to play with yourself.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It is unjustified. There are assholes, bitches, whores, dicks, jerks, or whatever the hell you want to call them across both genders. Singling out an entire gender is dismissing the actions of the person that committed them and blaming them on the entire gender which the majority of that gender has done nothing of the sort and/or is completely irrelevant the action you're blaming them for. In a nutshell, hating women is no better than hating men. If you're a man, do you want to be blamed for another man's actions while having no involvement or even knowledge of whatever happened? Bias and discrimination suck, no matter who or what you are. If you're going to let a single (or small group) of incidents convince you that everything in a larger majority is bad, then you're hate and anger will only increase from there creating a vicious circle of illogical bias. It's called a confirmation bias. You're essentially intentionally looking for proves to justify your hatred, but you're only attributing what confirms your hatred, but dismissing the whole of what doesn't apply to your hatred. It's just faulty logic to start with that you only end up punishing yourself and others for with essentially no reason other than you want something to hate on. By that point, don't you think that the actual people that committed these acts against you deserve your ire more than mere bystanders of your irrational emotions?

TL ; DR: If you're going to waste time hating someone, then hate them directly instead of blaming a group of non-relevant people who have generally done nothing to you.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It seems to me that the term "female gamer" implies a fundamental difference between females and males as a whole in the context of gaming, which is false and nonsensical. Gamers are gamers, regardless of gender. Gender is also irrelevant in whether someone acts like a nice or a terrible person.

Personally I've played WoW since the end of Vanilla + some other online multiplayer games and while I've eventually found out about lots of players being women I have not once encountered these public attention whores nor those men worshiping them. It might happen for real, but to me they sound like malicious fairy tales.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    I suggest a warm relaxing bath. Don't forget your rubberducky btw.
    Long relaxing bathes are amazing for relieving stress and anxiety, I will agree... and I want one now, as well...

The world would be a much more calming and peaceful place if people would take more time to pamper themselves.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Snip.
    I understand it, but I wouldn't say it's justified.

Feelings often aren't, and as long as they don't produce bad results, chalk it up to human nature.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.