Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    It was a picture of a skinny woman asking if people are beach body ready.

What lie is being told?
    They could not substantiate the claims for their product, the advert was not just a woman asking if people were beach body ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    It was a picture of a skinny woman asking if people are beach body ready.

What lie is being told?
    In that particular case they were selling a range of products and claiming health benefits that the ASA did not recognise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The model in the Gucci ad was flat chested, it got banned. And adverts do show unattractive people, it depends on what the advertisers are aiming at.

Explain why replacing a healthy model with an obese model on a health product advert is "caring about people" and perhaps I can answer your question.
    Of course it wouldn't make sense to show a obese model on a health product. Let's not pretend that hot models only show up on health product adverts.......

well, i suppose they could use a healthy model with an ugly face. but she still shouldn't be fat obviously.

haha this is hillarious. I cant wait to see what metrics they will use to determine wether a woman is considered "hot" or not. And i cant wait until some computerwizard turns it into an app that will circulate social media everywhere. Stamping women as hot or ugly everywhere^^

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh and all Americans are too fat to be beach body ready, eyyyy lets stereotype countries!
    Have you watched literally any american show in the history of fucking ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    Of course it wouldn't make sense to show a obese model on a health product. Let's not pretend that hot models only show up on health product adverts.......
    That was literally what people were asking for. Advertisers should be able to hire whoever they want to advertise their product, not have it restricted because some people feel bad about themselves due to the model being more attractive than they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Have you watched literally any american show in the history of fucking ever?
    They were being sarcastic.

OMG. Hideous feminists are so insecure and sad that they need to make all other women the same.

I thought feminism was all about choice for women. I'm interested to hear what women think about these sad few telling them what they should and should not be doing with there lives.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    OMG. Hideous feminists are so insecure and sad that they need to make all other women the same.

I thought feminism was all about choice for women. I'm interested to hear what women think about these sad few telling them what they should and should not be doing with there lives.
    Once again, the UK Advertising Standards Agency isn't a feminist organisation.

Well, the new-wave, campus based variant of feminism that people are fighting against these days is an Authoritarian movement, rather than anything actually to do with equality.

This stupidity's neither new nor interesting either. Even when people bend to conform to their demands, they're still not satisfied:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_8232468.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The ASA are giving undue weight to the opinions of feminists though, which is the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i agree as a men everywhere you look are titts titts they show it in children ads to its insane. As a young boy you are bombarded with titts even in the school.
    What am I missing here?

Over the last decade at least there's a trend to ever flatter chests on women. I don't know, but it's almost as if breasts are out of style.

And naked children chests are asexual, when they're pre-puberty there's nothing arousing about it, unless you're a pedo, which is a whole different topic altogether.

OT: I have no problem with advertisement being stricter regulated in regards of retouch and photo shopping.
    False advertisement is illegal in many countries, why stop at the product and it's written claims, why not including fake people into these standards.
    Not sure right now, how the issue of Bulimia is these days, but at least not too long ago it was a slight health crisis, because chicks fell for the "gotta be thin as a bean stake" myth by the masses.
    Advertisement has an effect on people. Whether one thinks that this is can be neglected because everyone knows it's not real, that's naive.
    We wouldn't have advertisement the way we do have it, if it would not work.

Means, I don't think the thread title is true. Natural women, and probably guys too, are just as hot, if not hotter.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The ASA are giving undue weight to the opinions of feminists though, which is the issue.
    Define "undue," if they were giving undue weight wouldn't they have upheld the complaints against protein world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Define "undue," if they were giving undue weight wouldn't they have upheld the complaints against protein world?
    They implemented the review of policy following Protein World complaints, so at the time of the complaints it did not breach standards.

This is sexism and bodism. Some people were born hot and they are being discriminated against and called "not real humans". Also, what about all the good looking men used, pure sexism "all mens bodies are real, but not women's".
    X

So discriminating against hot people then. Got it.

Ask yourself who is pulling the strings of the ASA?

Ask yourself who is pulling the strings of the ASA?
    That would be Guy Parker and the Rt. Hon. Lord Smith of Finsbury.

That would be Guy Parker and the Rt. Hon. Lord Smith of Finsbury.
    ....and who is whispering into there ears?

who/how do you define hot?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)