Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    Ok! I'm up after a long day of doing nothing at work! So Listo's flip really perplexed me because I was sure those abilities were anti town. Granted the way Listo claimed did seem to be town Listo but that have been a ploy to possibly throw us off, sadly it wasn't and I do feel bad, however what happened afterwards removes that feeling.
    My initial thoughts when reading this was that Jynxie is trying a bit too hard to defend his vote yesterday. I feel this was a slight slip in play. People mislynch, it's going to happen, but when you come in and instantly try and explain away that mislynch and your vote on it I feel you have an alterior motive. Like I said, initial reaction, so I could be barking up the wrong tree, but perhaps others agree?

Vote: Jynxie

Just to get some visability.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    My initial thoughts when reading this was that Jynxie is trying a bit too hard to defend his vote yesterday. I feel this was a slight slip in play. People mislynch, it's going to happen, but when you come in and instantly try and explain away that mislynch and your vote on it I feel you have an alterior motive. Like I said, initial reaction, so I could be barking up the wrong tree, but perhaps others agree?

I think that you might be on to something. The current votes are spread out in such a way that I suspect that scum may be sitting back content for any of them to pick up speed to ensure that a lynch goes off by the end of the day. I do typically read Jynx as scum almost all the time though - even when he's town. One thing that works in Kurenai's favour - as she says - is that there's other players who lurk consistently who are being given a free pass. Though I don't want to rule out the possibility that Kurenai is scum and was saved by Listo being pushed yesterday instead.

Can we just lynch Graeham already?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Can we just lynch Graeham already?
    If you really want to, go ahead. It'll likely lead with you getting lynched tomorrow, though, if you're still alive. Celtic passed my test. You did not, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think that you might be on to something. The current votes are spread out in such a way that I suspect that scum may be sitting back content for any of them to pick up speed to ensure that a lynch goes off by the end of the day. I do typically read Jynx as scum almost all the time though - even when he's town. One thing that works in Kurenai's favour - as she says - is that there's other players who lurk consistently who are being given a free pass. Though I don't want to rule out the possibility that Kurenai is scum and was saved by Listo being pushed yesterday instead.
    What I don't get is how so many whine "Don't look at past games omg!". Thats always what we've done. Thats why you don't get killed night one when you died night one last game too. Right now I feel like Lysah, Virothe, Dupti and Jynx are likely scummy mcscumfaces

Also - no longer polymorphed.

Vote Jynxie

If you really want to, go ahead. It'll likely lead with you getting lynched tomorrow, though, if you're still alive. Celtic passed my test. You did not, I'm afraid.
    just lol @ this

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a town with a nk, kill Graeham please.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    What I don't get is how so many whine "Don't look at past games omg!". Thats always what we've done. Thats why you don't get killed night one when you died night one last game too. Right now I feel like Lysah, Virothe, Dupti and Jynx are likely scummy mcscumfaces

Also - no longer polymorphed.

Vote Jynxie
    Virothe and Dupti have rubbed me the wrong way for sure. I'm uncertain as to Lysah - I always find her very difficult to read much like Uggor or Blood Fox. Jynx is a good enough option for me to toss some weight behind to see what comes of it though. I'd happily shift over to Dupti, Virothe or go back to Kurenai if it's needed though. We've roughly twelve hours left in the day I think.

Unvote
    Vote: Jynx

just lol @ this

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a town with a nk, kill Graeham please.
    That's a rather odd request - it's far too early in the game to waste a day kill on someone. Assuming there is a day kill available - which is possible given that one existed in Danner's previous game - it would make much more sense to use it to eliminate a lurker or someone who who is exposed as having been investigated by a TPR.

Also, that's interesting. Why did you edit your post to shift from 'day kill' to 'night kill'.

It's not an odd request, I think you're scum. Have you noticed how hard it is to get a train running on you even though you:

- reacted poorly to two single votes.
    - self voted, and pretty much 'gave up'
    - refuse to answer my questions
    - pull out your usual "paranoia" crap you tend to do as scum

Also I never edited my post, why are you lying? Seriously Graeham I never said day kill, are you actually for real now?

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't care about your shitty OMGUS reads you always pull off as scum as well.

It's not an odd request, I think you're scum. Have you noticed how hard it is to get a train running on you even though you:

- reacted poorly to two single votes.
    - self voted, and pretty much 'gave up'
    - refuse to answer my questions
    - pull out your usual "paranoia" crap you tend to do as scum

Also I never edited my post, why are you lying? Seriously Graeham I never said day kill, are you actually for real now?
    Why are you making it seem like I only behave like this when I'm scum? That's a rather odd thing to imply when past games paint a very different picture.

You always claim that as well, but it simply isn't true.

Our conversation right now is pretty much identical to the ones we've had in other games where I'm pushing on you when you're scum.
    This never happens when you're town. Simple as that. I can link multiple games, you can't link a single one where this has happened (where I was town and you were scum), so please stop telling "i always do this, it certainly isn't alignment indicative!1" when it simply isn't true.

I'm convinced you're scum.

What you do as scum when I pressure you is:

a) OMGUS/paranoia
    b) avoid my questions
    c) go all 'martyr' (self vote etc)

Same thing happened a couple of games ago (we were both scum in that one).
    No matter how you try to put it, this hasn't happened when you've been town. You might want to consider this for future games.

Let's go over your play Graeham.

I didn't like the heavy defence of Kurenai yesterday. Or the sudden shift in votes away from him in favour of Listo.
    I asked you about this post, because it's a bad one. You didn't name a single person. (same thing I called you out for in the other game by the way).
    This seems to imply you want to avoid attention. The only thing you did was join the obvious and easy wagon (Kurenai).

Allowyn did the exact same thing earlier and I questioned her about it as well, but she went to bed. You were around when I asked you and since I wanted to engage you since I found it suspicious I decided to follow it up with a vote.

Your response to this was however terrible. Instead of answering my question you chose to self vote and claim we were scum looking for an easy target. (a, b and c)
    I thought that was a weird resposne but still wanted you to answer my question, but you kept dodging it. You kept implying I was scum, but never followed it up with a vote and when I asked you about it you simply claimed that you found Virothe more suspicious.
    Now that Catta has chosen to call me out, you're suddenly fine with a vote on me again though.

Your 'defense' to two votes and a question was:

OMGUS: Call both of us scummy, paranoia: claim we're looking for an easy target and blabla.
    Avoid my questions: You still haven't answered my questions.
    Martyr: Selfvoting.

You simply don't do this as town. Find a single game where you've done all of this as town when I've pushed on you (hint: you won't find one).

This is a really bad post as well.

First of all, cut the crap please. There was no such 'test'. What you're basically saying is that Celtic passed your test by not voting on you for self voting.
    Yeah sure, like you tried to do a test as town by doing something extremely anti town that you usually do as scum and then claim that people who find it scummy (for obvious reasons) are scum. That makes no sense.

Also the part about "it'll likely lead with you getting lynched tomorrow" part just sounds like you're trying to discourage me from voting on you but that's obviously not going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I've given you multiple chances to work with me, told you several times that if you were town then please just answer my questions but instead you went all "omg you're scum for voting on me, go away". Hopefully you realise that's a terrible play.

Ah, well if you're still sticking with the false claim that I've only ever made this sort of play as scum before then there's really little point in engaging you. I'll rely on other players to cast their own judgement when it comes to my alignment. If they wish to lynch me then they can - if they don't, then that's pretty great.

Oh and claiming I'm tunneling right away was pretty questionable as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Graeham, I'm asking you to link games to prove me wrong. Go ahead.

Oh and claiming I'm tunneling right away was pretty questionable as well.
    I disagree. You have a habit of fixating on one particular player for most of the game and stubbornly trying to get people to follow you to the point where you've been lynched yourself for leading people astray. It's a clever trick - you claim to be 'asking questions' with your posts to feign activity and engagement but in reality you've already made up your mind. It doesn't matter what I say - you aren't likely to shift your opinion of my alignment and will no doubt continue with your current course.

- - - Updated - - -

At any rate I'm heading out for the next 1-2 hours so I'll be back after that!

No Graeham, you simply can't claim I'm tunneling right away, it makes no sense. Basically I wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING at all then without it being tunneling. Can't you hear how silly that soudns?

And I also haven't been tunneling on anyone for like 7 games or so and only did it for 5 games anyway, so yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Claiming you didn't want to work with me and answer my questions because I wouldn't change my opinion on you is probably the worst thing you've said this game.

town pls, vote

- - - Updated - - -

It's also ironic that you're calling me out for my town play (I tunneled hard as town), yet you're scum reading me. Oh graeham graeham...

Day Two- Post #494

• 3 - Robozerim: Senna (#367), Kryllian (#371), Celtic (#449)
    • 3 - Kurenai: Crackleslap (#350), Anakso (#357), Razamith (#462)
    • 3 - Jynx: Xanjori (#481), Catta (#485), Graeham (#487)
    • 2 - Graeham: Dupti (#423), Virothe (#424)
    • 1 - Anakso: Largehorn (#362)
    • 1 - Blood Fox: Jynx (#466)

With 24 players alive, 13 votes are required for a majority.
    With 13 votes cast, 7 votes are required for deadline majority.

@kurenai I have to admit I am not a fan of you still not having a vote out. I'd like to see you do some scumhunting instead of defending yourself.
    I've been on the defensive pretty much since day started. There are accusations and votes I can brush off or ignore; there are those I can't.

But I'll try.

Looking at the votes on me:

Anakso started it off, immediately followed by Xanjori, Graeham, Dupti, and Crackleslap. Catta was a few votes later but I know that he is holding a grudge from past games. Arialla is after him but I know that 1) He likes Listo 2) this is after Listo's train zoomed up. Senna had previously voted me, so moving his vote back onto me doesn't strike me as _too_ strange, Uggor voting on me I believe to try and secure a lynch and because he believed Listo's claim, though he doesn't really give a reason other than "D1, sigh". Could just be a reaction to all the mess that led up to it.

Looking at Listo's train, it seems less obvious where a possible concentration of scum is--the votes are all spread out. Listo doesn't claim until #234, and looking back at those votes prior, Dendrek votes Listo because voting me would just have put us even again; Rixis switches on 'we're not lynching a lurker' reason, Lysah votes because she doesn't like the lurker reasoning behind the votes on me, Monkz would rather see Listo lynched over me. Raza I believe votes Listo to even out the trains a little, this was much earlier in the day. (Yes, I went backwards in vote order, sue me. :P)

So with all that in mind:

Vote Xanjori

I'll start with the first name on the list. I suppose Anakso might well be on that list as well, but I'm not convinced scum would start a train and follow it up that quickly. I don't think they're all scum but I am convinced more than one is in there. I'd take a look at Catta as well, I'm not sure how much he pushes grudges from past games normally, but if that is a thing he does, then the votes don't surprise me.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    @Celtic209 but I'm so laaaaaaaaaaaazy how can I name people when I'm so busy making all the sense?
    Because laziness is a scum excuse! Are you scum?! I didn't think so, so get back to work soldier!

Not sure what to make of most people simply ignoring you, especially considering some of the players will usually always vote on someone for self voting (Celtic comes to mind).
    Going to respond to this now: Dupti I'm not ignoring Graeham. Im ignoring you. You ALWAYS do this. You tunnel vision one player and get sucked into a tit-for-tat argument with them. Im not getting sucked into this argument and instead I'm going to put to mind to other arguments,

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

This is actually a good point. However I'm going to stick with my vote on Robo for the moment which I will make clearer now

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Salty much?

Regardless, I'm not particularly attached to my vote, it is day one after all.
    This post here is what got my interest. For Robo it's quite vicious because he's always so levelheaded. It strikes me as a "Quit your bitchin' so we can lynch you" response. The second line is just to cover his ass.

I can be convinced to switch to Jynxie if we need to get a lynch off

Bullshit Celtic. I only tunneled hard for like 5 games until I realised I did it too often on a town.

Graeham self voted, you usually vote for people who do that, why don't you now? Has nothing to do with me.

Deleted
    Bullshit Celtic. I only tunneled hard for like 5 games until I realised I did it too often on a town.

Graeham self voted, you usually vote for people who do that, why don't you now? Has nothing to do with me.
    Thing is Graeham self voting and playing the victim is his default defensive move, I can recall him doing it as both alignments.

Yeah but everything else he has done he only does as scum. He won't be able to link a single game as town where I've pushed on him and he has reacted like that even though he claims he has. I can link several games where he has been scum though.
    Last edited by dupti; 2016-05-28 at 03:06 PM.