Poll: Do you agreee with Trump's newly releases energy plan?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I generally think non-Americans should, for the most part, stay out of American politics, for obvious reasons. However this is an area where I do think we get an opinion.

Despite whatmany Americans seemingly want to believe, this isn't your planet, you are no more important than any one else and if your (potential) leaders are going to pursue policies that will destroy all the rest of the worlds efforts to combat climate change. This is our planet too and we shouldn't be expected to sit back and take it while Trump, or any other American president destroys it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I don't understand the notion for wanting to go back to using coal power... :|
    Coal miners will vote for him then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Stupid from top to bottom. Like actually stupid.

Coal... really coal... we're going to go back to mining and burning that godawful resource? Just when we're starting to wind that down?

How about this: Solar, Nuclear, LNG. Wind where it is desirable.

I'm all for drilling for more oil... to keep the horrible places in the world (you know who) poor and weak and unstable. But car companies have seen the future, and they're going electric no matter what any President does.

This country needs to build nuclear at an industrial rate. It's as simple as that.
    Gonna go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Solar will be cheap enough to make coal and oil largely obsolete within 20 years, so there's nothing wrong with making a little more cash now from our coal and oil deposits before they get seriously devalued. Any impact on the environment will be negligible and it just makes us energy independent that much sooner. Plus it gives union workers a little boost too. I see nothing wrong.

Liberal complaints are predicated on the notion that solar will never replace fossil fuels, but if we observe the charts and projections of future solar progress, that is an outright lie.

The CORE hypocrisy of liberals on global warming is that they fully embrace projections 100 years out when it comes to global temperature increases, but attack projections decades in the future when it comes to the growth of the solar marketplace. You can't have both. You can't cherry pick projections to suit your agenda. And if you embrace the solar power projections (as you SHOULD as a rational human being, right?) you quickly realize that global warming is a lie because solar will wipe out fossil fuel usage in the 2030s.
    Does that make the concept a lie? Were it to grow unchecked, there would certainly be a problem. The fact that economics will cut our emissions instead of government mandates doesn't mean that there is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Does that make the concept a lie? Were it to grow unchecked, there would certainly be a problem. The fact that economics will cut our emissions instead of government mandates doesn't mean that there is no such thing.
    I also love how he threw in the "environmental impact will be negligible" Nothing to back that up, no evidence. Trumps environmental policy is literally the worst aspects of our civilization played out. Don't fight climate change to increase rainfall and stabilize the planet, no divert the river and kill the wildlife for big agriculture.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    He's over the top too much energy, he is worse for riling up ignorant white folks than Obama was for ignorant black folks. It's such a similar campaigning plan. just opposite races, Puuuuuuuuure bullshit, but hyped up.
    Oh please, do give us ONE instance where Obama said something anti-white equivalent to Donald Dump's "all illegal Mexicans are rapists and murderers" or "all Muslims want to kill Americans"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    First time I've visited his website, is it always endless one line sentences? Gave me a bit of a headache; reads like a children's book.
    It has to be written that way, because that is all his supporters can understand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Oh please, do give us ONE instance where Obama said something anti-white equivalent to Donald Dump's "all illegal Mexicans are rapists and murderers" or "all Muslims want to kill Americans"
    And neither did Trump.

I am not a Trump supporter, and I don't know who I would vote for if I was american, but one thing is sure, if I had a doubt I would ask you who you vote for to be sure not to vote for him. Anyone with such low moral standards as to invent quotes and put him in the mouth of someone else to discredit him is either dangerous or idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Coal miners will vote for him then.
    Is that really a significant enough demographic to bring back fucking coal of all things?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    He never said all are. When you dislike something, there is the tendency of the mind to see things not there.

Trump's energy plan is basically to make America more energy independent. Not having to depend on other countries for energy resources is a good thing for the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    It has to be written that way, because that is all his supporters can understand
    Or he can write.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

No. I'm an astute believer that potential economic gain cannot interfere with the well-being of the environment on any larger of a scale. In 2016 we should be taking aims to further reduce the impact we've already created on our planet. Why don't poor African countries stockpile ivory and legalize it's sale and production? Because its unsustainable, morally reprehensible and a crime against the Earth. Trump needs a good education on the Easter Island analogy of resource overconsumption.

Of course, not. Sounds dangerous and regressive.

as someone whos very close to the petrol industry in the US

more drilling is the most surefire way to completely destroy american petrol

we already cant afford what we have because the price of oil is so dirt cheap

more oil will only kill more small businesses, leading to more monolith companies, which cannot fail because theyre government run, taking control of the industry, which without a doubt leads to more inefficiency and disasters

trump continues to act the idiot who doesnt even bother to do an ounce of research on a topic before he speaks
    Last edited by apples; 2016-05-28 at 12:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Does a president even have a say in how much oil and gas is being drilled? Or are we talking about some law that puts a restriction on it that he wants to remove or change?

Also coal? I thought most of us went away from coal, not purely because of politics, but more so that it simply wasn't efficient enough or worth the cost?
    Yup coal is dying because of market functions. NG is cleaner and cheaper. Instead of actually coming up with a plan to help the coal miners deal with the displacement of coal he thinks he can somehow make coal viable again despite the markets rejection of it. Its just more pandering nonsense based on completely ignoring whats going on in the real world. No different than him claiming that California is not under a drought to farmers demanding more water.

Energy independence (which is supposedly the "cornerstone" of his policy) is utterly pointless. It's a catchphrase dipshits that have no grasp of the subject like to throw around.

Energy independence is completely irrelevant as long as fossil fuels are traded on the global energy market. The only way energy independence makes sense is if Trump literally completely bans or implements prohibitive tariffs both on fossil fuel exports and imports.

Beyond that coal is dead and not coming back. Coal wasn't killed by regulations, coal is being killed by dirt cheap natural gas. So if he wants to refloat the coal industry he needs to sink the natural gas industry.

The man is an idiot, and people who vote for him because his policies make sense to them are also idiots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    And neither did Trump.

I am not a Trump supporter, and I don't know who I would vote for if I was american, but one thing is sure, if I had a doubt I would ask you who you vote for to be sure not to vote for him. Anyone with such low moral standards as to invent quotes and put him in the mouth of someone else to discredit him is either dangerous or idiotic.
    Nah he just said “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Jesus, we need Captain Planet and quick.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys an idiot. I'm glad my province is completely coal free. I'll stick with nuclear until a better alternative comes around.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    We all know what is needed, but it's not a super hero or a cartoon.

It's the kind of common man that really exists and has changed history drastically many times before.
    The sense of humor on this guy.