Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Donald Trump Tells Drought-stricken California: ‘There Is No Drought’

I don't like to create a lot of threads that much, but damn this man can give a forum poster material for days.

'If I win, believe me, we're going to start opening up the water'

(FRESNO, Calif.) — Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump told California voters Friday that he can solve their water crisis, declaring that: “There is no drought.”

Speaking at a rally in Fresno, Calif., Trump accused state officials of denying water to Central Valley farmers so they can send it out to sea “to protect a certain kind of three-inch fish.”

“We’re going to solve your water problem. You have a water problem that is so insane. It is so ridiculous where they’re taking the water and shoving it out to sea,” Trump said to cheers at a rally that drew thousands.

Trump said he spent 30 minutes before the rally meeting with more than 50 farmers who complained to him about their struggles.

“They don’t understand — nobody understands it,” he said, adding that, “There is no drought.”

Trump appeared to be referring to water that runs naturally from the Sacramento River to the San Francisco Bay and then to the ocean. Some farmers want more of that flow captured and diverted to them. The three-inch Delta smelt is a native California fish on the brink of extinction. The smelt has become an emblem in the state’s battles over environmental laws and water distribution.

Politically influential rural water districts and well-off corporate farmers in and around California’s Central Valley have been pushing back against longstanding federal laws protecting endangered fish and other species, saying federal efforts to make sure endangered native fish have enough water is short-changing farmers of the water they want and need for crops.

Water authorities say they can’t do it because of the water rights of those upstream of the farmers, and because of the minimum-water allowances needed by endangered species in the bay and by wildlife in general.

The farm lobby, a heavyweight player in California’s water wars, also is seeking federal and state approval for billions of dollars in new water tunnels, dams, water distribution plans, and other projects.

Trump says that, “If I win, believe me, we’re going to start opening up the water so that you can have your farmers survive.”

California is the country’s No. 1 agriculture producer. The state’s five-year drought is raising the stakes in water disputes among farmers, cities and towns, and environmental interests. California last year marked the driest four-year period in its history, with record low rainfall and snow.

Trump’s appearance drew several hundred protesters who marched around the arena where he was speaking.

Trump is also scheduled to appear Friday at a rally in San Diego, where police are also taking precautions to prevent the kind of violence that has occurred at previous protests against the billionaire businessman-turned-politician.

A count by The Associated Press found Thursday that Trump has reached the required number of delegates to officially clinch the Republican nomination.
    Source: http://time.com/4351330/trump-california-no-drought/

And that is how you make the lowest in society vote for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on him. Drought in the state that I live in is a way of life, it got really bad 11 years ago but then changes were finally made to water distribution and water efficiency at all levels from the dam to your kitchen sink and its made us stronger for the next long drought period. We get El nino weather effect constantly here, California from what I have read in the past can be quite similar to Australia in terms of climate.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..... hes not wrong..... if you dont think something is true, then to you, it is not true.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well..... hes not wrong..... if you dont think something is true, then to you, it is not true.
    So if I don't believe water is wet, i'm right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So if I don't believe water is wet, i'm right?
    In your mind, you are right. To me, you are a loon.

I honestly fear for your country.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tiny-end...ght-conflicts/

I was born and raised in California and I can't say there is water being pumped out to sea, but I can tell you that there has been a very, very long battle between environmentalists and farmers in the Central Valley. Stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tiny-end...ght-conflicts/

I was born and raised in California and I can't say there is water being pumped out to sea, but I can tell you that there has been a very, very long battle between environmentalists and farmers in the Central Valley. Stop drinking the Kool Aid.
    I'm not familiar with Cali stuff but the environmentalists are causing the "drought"?

No, read the article. Small waterways, which used to be available to farmers for irrigation, are declared habitats for endangered species and denied to farmers. The drought is a very real thing lol. But the point Trump makes about restricting access to available water because of a fish is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    No, read the article. Small waterways, which used to be available to farmers for irrigation, are declared habitats for endangered species and denied to farmers. The drought is a very real thing lol. But the point Trump makes about restricting access to available water because of a fish is true.
    And why are those species endangered? Because there is a drought and all other water has already been taken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Good on him. Drought in the state that I live in is a way of life, it got really bad 11 years ago but then changes were finally made to water distribution and water efficiency at all levels from the dam to your kitchen sink and its made us stronger for the next long drought period. We get El nino weather effect constantly here, California from what I have read in the past can be quite similar to Australia in terms of climate.
    Lol you are applauding a man who is claiming there is no drought in a state that has been under a drought for multiple years. Not surprised.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Lol you are applauding a man who is claiming there is no drought in a state that has been under a drought for multiple years. Not surprised.
    Re read my post again, very slowly this time.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

And my thoughts of voting for Trump to send a message to the establishment, pretty much gone.

Even if he does this and makes a species go extinct IT WONT END THE FUCKING DROUGHT BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING DROUGHT.

Sorry had to let that out.

........At first we tough it was a joke, now we outside of the USA starting to fear it. Hillary aint much better, but trump..............

Just give Obama another run if Bernie cant win it. Useally USA politics dont effect europe much, but if trump wins I do fear....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

please people, dont vote trump. i fear for the world if he gets elected. its like a reagan, but many orders of magnitude worse
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I'm not familiar with Cali stuff but the environmentalists are causing the "drought"?
    No, its much more complicated, honestly SoCal and WAYYYYY too many developers in the central valley have caused the drought more than the "Delta Smelt." Environmentalists are often the only thing that keeps NorCal from being sucked dry so San Diego and LA can water its lawns.

The biggest problem is realistically this State just can't house its current population without instituting massive changes to how we manage our water supply. We are in a drought to be sure but a lot of it is a drought do to our own shitty way of managing the water we do get per year. More over California is climatically just a more arid environment.

Also Agribusinesses and farmers insist on these water intensive crops, we always have "record nut harvests," even though almonds consume so much water and Alfalfa ect.

Then you have SoCal, LITERALLY a god damn desert were people insist on green lawns and building TWO major cities.

We are in a Drought but I'd say half our problems are self inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Reality is not real. Dry is not dry. 1 liter of water=10000 liter of water. No rains=rains.

Donald J. Trump 2016.

You heard it here folks, spread the news. Fuck reality and bin it!

7+ Year Old Account
    “If I win, believe me, we're going to start opening up the water”
    “They don’t understand — nobody understands it,” he said, adding that, “There is no drought.”

lol serioulsy... nobody understands but me... there is no drought... man that guy, he can say HUGE amount of bullshit and doesn't care, it's really scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Reality is not real. Dry is not dry. 1 liter of water=10000 liter of water. No rains=rains.

Donald J. Trump 2016.

You heard it here folks, spread the news. Fuck reality and bin it!
    That's not wrong, it's just Ingsoc.