Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Fixed it for u
    It's not just the youth, even the older players are exactly the same, and most of the time they are even worse.

-

Though yeah in any competitive game, there's players who are bullies pretty much, best way to own them is to destroy them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    And Blizzard being especially toxic - what? Have you played Valve games? Riot? HotS is the nicest MOBA out there, for example - I'd expect the same from Overwatch. I hope for over-the-board judgment system to be honest - I play games to relax and have fun, I don't need kids cursing me.
    I didn't see any difference between LoL or Hots in terms of toxicity - same level for me. OW is not far behind them, can't wait when ranked will start for good, I predict the toxicity will reach easily those from LoL or Hots - which is the norm.

I don't like the way things are, but until internet access will require biometric data to connect and anonymity will be erased totally, the toxicity will not only remain but actually gain in force.

Sticks and stones can break your bones. But words can never hurt you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Needs some of those Hearthstone "Uh-oh" type buttons.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyel View Post
    In real life you don't have a friends list full of no lifers waiting for your call to play Overwatch at a whims notice when you feel like having a couple of games.

What comes to people calling others toxic, they do it usually outside of a match, on forums or such. Meanwhile the toxic players does nothing but bitch and moan about their team mates throughout the game, making you have frequently 4v5 situations for example in Heroes of the Storm, making sure you lose. Then they moan and rage even more when they enabled the loss, blaming everyone else. Just shut the fuck up and play.
    I play with full groups of friends almost every time I get on overwatch, the rest of the time I fill the group with various friends I've made on sc2/wow arena so I know they'll be good. Not having people to q up with is ones own fault for being an anti-social crybaby and probably deadweight on a team, which is likely OPs problem considering the "toxicity" comment.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    is this your first time playing an online competitive game? toxicity bleeds from games like this esp because its a blizzard game. the blizzard community is especially toxic.
    League of Legends would like to have a word with you. Practically infamous for toxicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss online gaming from years ago when the worst thing that happened was you were called an aimbot, a noob or once in a while had some friendly shit talk. Now it's nothing but fucking tryhard, wannabe e-athletes that call you the N word, tell you to kill yourself or some other bullshit and spaz out the whole time. Internet culture ruined the online gaming experience. Just a bunch of 15 year old Twitch dwellers now.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

You do know that you can go to your Social tab, click "Recent Players", right click their names, you'll see "Prefer this player" and "Avoid this player" as well as "Block".

I use mine pretty often. So far my experience has been rather nice.

Think that's why I don't mic.. cause if I see someone just standing there seemingly doing nothing I'll be like "What the are they doing all the way back here?" before I see the Bastions around the corner. Aka I sound more disrespectful than I'd like cause I'm a casual swearer.. for which I'll blame my family. Turns what would sound like curiosity to some kinda insulting variant if the person isn't use to the way I get on. So best to not talk, so nobody gets offended by an offhand remark I blurt out. Eventually they might enter the friend zone and be use to me, but random grouping is not the place to test that.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-05-28 at 03:21 PM.

It is free to hurl shit at people so they do that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    is this your first time playing an online competitive game? toxicity bleeds from games like this esp because its a blizzard game. the blizzard community is especially toxic.
    Would love to see the basis for this argument.

Blizzard community has a universally more relaxed community than almost all of its competitors and is widely known for it.

This is something that people can and should expect whenever they plan any Blizzard game.

Blizzard's fanbase has a reputation for a reason. They're second only to the MOBA and FPS crowd in how vile and obnoxious they are. Take a Blizzard game and make it an FPS...well, let's just say that you're in the glory days of the game's community right now while nobody knows what to do. This game, with how popular it's becoming, will soon have the most insufferable playerbase since CoD.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Over and over again people talk shit in a game when our team is doing poorly. Meanwhile I'm sitting over here with 4 gold medals as a healer and they say that they are carrying. I can't tell if it's trolling or stupidity but bottom line is that there are some serious toxic people who I really don't think should be playing this game at all.
    I enjoy reading people's comments in game when they talk trash, especially to their own team. I had one game where I had 5 gold in it, watching my team talk trash to each other the whole time. I was playing Roadhog, pushing cart where I could, hide behind it, drink, jump out snag people kill them, hide back behind the cart again.

The only thing I said the whole game was to please stop arguing and play like a team. Kept going at it, it spilled out of team chat into general chat. When our teams healer comes on and says they are carrying us. In general chat. We lost the game at 2nd cap point. Sure enough the only upvote for us was me. As Roadhog, with most healing done. The entire enemy team upvoted me while our healer QQ'd about the game stats being broken.

My story aside, just ignore the people, finish the match and quit the game. I'd rather play a game with a group of the same people where we lose 10 times in a row in the last 15 seconds, than play with a caustic team who "gg ez" the losing team because, I guess getting double capped in the same life wasn't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how many people this week are learning for the first time what being kicked in the junk and t-bagged is like. Are they mostly millennials? How do this many players not know what assholes human beings are like online? Did I just type a cohesive sentence?

In Online Shooter you will always see bad behaviour. CSGO , COD, ...

every f****** time...

Thankfully most of my games so far have been fairly pleasant. Only a handful of games have been infested with toxic players and I typically just write them off as a loss anyway. Ultimately it's in the nature of the game to win some and lose some so I don't mind all that much if I lose now and then.