Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Year In The Storm

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

It’s hard to believe that we’re approaching a full year since the official launch of Heroes of the Storm on June 2 of 2015. Since that date, we’ve introduced fifteen new Heroes, four new Battlegrounds, tons of new skins and mounts, and much more! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’ll be introducing some exciting new promotions to the Nexus. Check them out below:

BONUS XP EVENT:
    Starting June 2, players will be granted an additional 50% bonus XP for games played until June 14!

FIRST ANNIVERSARY PORTRAIT:
    Players who log in during the Bonus XP event will also be granted a brand new First Anniversary Portrait! Check it out:

(click to enlarge)

FIRST ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE:
    During this promotion the shop will feature a brand new First Anniversary Bundle with deep discounts on some epic Heroes content. In addition, anyone who purchases this bundle will receive a bonus 7-Day Stimpack! Check out the bundle content below:

FIRST ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE

Mounts Heroes Stimpack
    Tyrael's Charger The Butcher Bonus: 7-Day Stimpack
    Kerrigan
    Artanis
    Arthas
    Uther
    Lt. Morales
    Xul
    Sgt. Hammer

We hope you’ve had a great first year in the Nexus, and look forward to many more to come!
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20131412/

That's all? I'm honestly disappointed. I was hoping for a surprise hero release. We really need new heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty disappointing for sure yeah.

Meh, already got the heroes , mount and don't need a stimdrone.
    The portrait, meh, got better looking ones already.

The XP boost might be nice, still need to get Gazlowe to 5

Deleted
    Yup, underwhelming. Hopefully the bundle is cheap; would be nice for new players.

Very underwhelming. No new skins? No new mount, like turn the Club 9 into a 1 year anniversary one.

Deleted
    That's awesome. Just now that I get bored with sc2 and discover hots I get this event! Ha good played blizzard.

Yeah, this looks more fitting for a 4 year anniversary, maybe 8th, but not the first birthday.
    Still nice to have stimpack, and the nexus cake is hella rad.

Double XP is okay I guess, but I already have everyone to 5 and not really trying to push anyone to 10, so doesn't do much for me. Portraits don't matter much to me(and I'll stick with my hero portraits anyway), and the bundle doesn't matter to me, I already got everything I want from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Double XP is okay I guess, but I already have everyone to 5 and not really trying to push anyone to 10, so doesn't do much for me. Portraits don't matter much to me(and I'll stick with my hero portraits anyway), and the bundle doesn't matter to me, I already got everything I want from it.
    I realize this is just me nitpicking, but sadly it's not even double XP (1.5x).

As far as everything else goes not too shabby I guess. Depending on how cheap that bundle is I may pick it up just to snag an extra hero and get Hell Billie out of the way lol.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Yawn... wake up it's party time! :P Anyone knows when shit starts?

Probably some time this afternoon or early evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EU community bonus is already active.

The bundle isn't live yet. The Chromie changes also are not.

Deleted
    They edited the news to 3rd june. Since the 50% bonus is already active I guess the bundle/mount/avatar will be delayed to tomorrow.

why would there be superhero release? their table is on a separate schedule and we already have medivh incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    why would there be superhero release? their table is on a separate schedule and we already have medivh incoming.
    Because it's the 1 year anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Because it's the 1 year anniversary.
    circular arguements are inane and groan-worthy. A 1 year anniversary is no reason for an unscheduled non-hinted hero release when we already have one incoming in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    circular arguements are inane and groan-worthy. A 1 year anniversary is no reason for an unscheduled non-hinted hero release when we already have one incoming in a few days.
    It's a very good reason. Having a new game positively last for a year only urges you to improve it more.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a year it was. Lots of fun Heroes like Greymane, Cho'gall, Artanis, Leoric and most recently Dehaka! Towers of Doom! Reworks for some of my favorite heroes (Falstad, Tychus, Gazlowe, Anub'arak, Arthas)! A ranked revamp on the horizon! Most everything that happened was good.

Until Li-Ming came out and ruined the game with her cancer. And then she was nerfed and all was good.
    Until Xul came out and ruined the game with his cancer. And then he was nerfed and all was good.
    Until Tracer came out and ruined the game with her cancer. And she's still cancerous as fuck.

So no more Heroes for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Bought the bundle for 11 EU. 2 mounts and 3 heroes which I did not buy included. Not a bad deal. And the mounts are great. My hero pool even greater now.