Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The Friend of my enemy is my enemy.
    Dalaran has always been friends with the Alliance, that doesn't mean they were always enemies of the Horde.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    The Draenei and the Alliance were not involved in the purging of BE's in Dalaran. The Alliance and BE's were planning peace talks at the time.
    Jaina had stormwind Soilders come into Dalaran. Alliance utterly fucked it's chances of getting Blood elves once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Jaina had stormwind Soilders come into Dalaran. Alliance utterly fucked it's chances of getting Blood elves once again.
    That little tidbit never made much sense. We find out afterwards that Varian was negotiating with the blood elves to rejoin the Alliance. Were they actually taking part in the purge or were they just hanging out in that one corer of the city waiting for horde players to come attack them? The Alliance side of the quest doesn't mention them, and it seems like another case of the opposite faction being vilified based on the player's faction. IE the sunreavers you fight are more antagonistic on the Alliance side and despite Vereesa seeming calm and orderly on the alliance side, you see the silver covenant acting like thugs on the horde side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    That little tidbit never made much sense. We find out afterwards that Varian was negotiating with the blood elves to rejoin the Alliance. Were they actually taking part in the purge or were they just hanging out in that one corer of the city waiting for horde players to come attack them? The Alliance side of the quest doesn't mention them, and it seems like another case of the opposite faction being vilified based on the player's faction. IE the sunreavers you fight are more antagonistic on the Alliance side and despite Vereesa seeming calm and orderly on the alliance side, you see the silver covenant acting like thugs on the horde side.
    Considering that Kosak said both are to be canon I assume they are just in different parts Vereesa is batshit insane in both telling the Alliance player to "slaughter those rats"
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-05-27 at 06:23 PM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    That was before the Horde-Alliance war in Mists of Pandaria...relations with the Draenei are bound to have soured. We also have no idea if High Elves are still allowed into the Sunwell either...the purge probably pissed a lot of Blood Elves off and it wouldn't surprise me if, in the aftermath, the High Elves were completely forbidden from returning.
    Not every High Elf is aligned with the Silver Covenant. There's no need to deny the entry on the Sunwell to all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I don't see a compelling reason why Lor'themar would reject those groups but still reconcile with the remaining Sunblades after the civil war. Not like he really has room to judge the Felblood since his ass should be stapled to the wall right next to them (along with Rommath's) and he already let DKs in, so what's a few vampires?
    error, sunfury returned to Quel'Thalas, they were not Elves demons

That was before the Horde-Alliance war in Mists of Pandaria...relations with the Draenei are bound to have soured. We also have no idea if High Elves are still allowed into the Sunwell either...the purge probably pissed a lot of Blood Elves off and it wouldn't surprise me if, in the aftermath, the High Elves were completely forbidden from returning.
    WOD talador

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Their allies? who? the Alliance? but they were going to execute more of the Elves forces (including their prince) just because an asshole commander said so, and i guess everyone agreed with him cause they were put on Kirin Tor's jail...
    You mean the small faction that didn't follow the command of the Alliance but just one racist? Sure let's blame the entire Alliance for that, and let's also blame the entire Horde for Gul'dan's evil actions now that we are on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    You mean the small faction that didn't follow the command of the Alliance but just one racist? Sure let's blame the entire Alliance for that, and let's also blame the entire Horde for Gul'dan's evil actions now that we are on it.
    You keep spouting this and ignore the fact that the Alliance fucked up again and sent spies and saboteurs instead of real ambassadors. If you want the Blood elves to not hate you all, why did you make the blood elves hate you all?

And the Alliance threw their support behind Garithos. He was the Authority and represented the Alliance in Lordaeron.
    Holy shit lol

Problem with this is that Blizzard brought the subversion of the typical Tolkien elves to it's logical conclusion and had them side with the Orcs. You seem to believe it would have been better if they had gone so far, but no futher, just to maintain the old line up.

Warcraft is not Lord of the Rings. Inspired by in parts? Yes. But it most definitely isn't the same universe.
    I didn't say it was better, just that I would prefer it over having boring High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    I didn't say it was better, just that I would prefer it over having boring High Elves.
    And you don't have boring High Elves. You have interesting Blood Elves. So in the end, it finished up perfectly.

And you don't have boring High Elves. You have interesting Blood Elves. So in the end, it finished up perfectly.
    No, I have poorly written Night Elves instead.

High elves for the horde
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    No, I have poorly written Night Elves instead.
    Then that is a writing problem, not a faction composition problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    That would be the case but the Kirin Tor was involved, and they did nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Onyxia wasnt influencing stormwind by the time of burning crusade
    I can see why you'd say that, because we supposedly dealt with her in Classic, but that was not canon, and the only thing we have to go on WRT the timing of Varian's return is that he was patched in not with the Wrath prepatch, but the actual release of Wrath of the Lich King. This would have been immediately after the Theramore peace summit which referenced the prepatch event with the undead attacking Goldshire and Southshore, and was shortly after his final battle with Onyxia.

Further, there's compelling reason to suggest that the events of the Blood Elf starting zone are actually set much closer to the end of WC3 than they are to the rest of Burning Crusade's content, most notably since Silvermoon is still in the process of purging Wretched and evicting protestors, and much of QT is still occupied by Scourge forces.

That's like saying varian is evil because he was friends with kid arthas
    That's like saying Arthas put Varian on the throne and it was within his power to command Varian to allow a Scourge invasion force to occupy the Cathedral district and park Naxxramas over the keep. It's confusing the type of relationship the characters have. Theron is culpable in the Legion invasion of IQD because he enabled it as Kael's loyal servant. Not saying he liked it, just that he's pretty far up the list when it comes to apportioning blame, so he'd be a hypocrite to not let the elves duped by Kael into becoming Felblood back in.

then again no one had contact with the prince either
    And Voren'thal? We're now presupposing that a guy whose title is "The Seer" doesn't have the foresight to inform his own homeland that their ruler has gone totally off the rails? Snrk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Banishing people for demanding they get paid for their work is the righteous way of the Alliance
    Gee, it's almost like I totally saw this shit coming. Maybe I should start giving out Naaru blessings and quoting Tolkien out of context.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why you'd say that, because we supposedly dealt with her in Classic, but that was not canon, and the only thing we have to go on WRT the timing of Varian's return is that he was patched in not with the Wrath prepatch, but the actual release of Wrath of the Lich King. This would have been immediately after the Theramore peace summit which referenced the prepatch event with the undead attacking Goldshire and Southshore, and was shortly after his final battle with Onyxia.
    So it's not our fault it's Garithos! Turns to "its not our fault its a dragon!" Im sure the Blood elves will understand, they already think humans are apes, and making yourself a fool wouldn't make them change sides. not to mention Onyxia didn't control the Dwarves or the Night Elves.

Further, there's compelling reason to suggest that the events of the Blood Elf starting zone are actually set much closer to the end of WC3 than they are to the rest of Burning Crusade's content, most notably since Silvermoon is still in the process of purging Wretched and evicting protestors, and much of QT is still occupied by Scourge forces.
    Naxxrammas, Hyjal and AQ all happened inbetween WC3 and the burning Crusade. They already evicted the loonies who became High elves.

That's like saying Arthas put Varian on the throne and it was within his power to command Varian to allow a Scourge invasion force to occupy the Cathedral district and park Naxxramas over the keep. It's confusing the type of relationship the characters have. Theron is culpable in the Legion invasion of IQD because he enabled it as Kael's loyal servant. Not saying he liked it, just that he's pretty far up the list when it comes to apportioning blame, so he'd be a hypocrite to not let the elves duped by Kael into becoming Felblood back in.

That is awful reasoning and you know it. By the time they realized he was evil it didnt matter. they were no longer his servants and he still broke into Quel'thalas with the Felbloods. The Felbloods weren't duped and neither was Kaelthas. They choose fel Willingly because it had quicker results and more power then arcane.

The betrayal of Kael'thas sent shockwaves throughout the Kingdom of Quel'Thalas, and as Kael'thas was the last known member of the Sunstrider dynasty, Regent Lord Lor'themar Theron has become the sole leader of the blood elves. His once noble goals for his people aside, Kael'thas is now reviled as a traitor, who attempted to sell both his people and himself to the Burning Legion. Despite this, the statues of Kael'thas remain within Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon City.

Ironically, Kael'thas' increasingly desperate quest to relieve his people of their addiction would ultimately bear fruit. With the "blessing" of the Burning Legion, his own followers were permitted to gorge themselves on colossal amounts of fel power, thus becoming known as "felblood elves" in the process. His actions in abducting M'uru indirectly led to Prophet Velen using M'uru's "heart" to revitalize the Sunwell - that had been defiled by both the Scourge and Kil'jaeden. As such, Kael'thas' people have the Sunwell returned to them, now a mixture of both arcane and holy power.

Rommath, who was perhaps left the most shattered of all after Kael'thas' betrayal, mentioned that Kael'thas had been buried on Quel'Danas.[1]

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Kael%27thas_Sunstrider#Legacy
    And Voren'thal? We're now presupposing that a guy whose title is "The Seer" doesn't have the foresight to inform his own homeland that their ruler has gone totally off the rails? Snrk.
    They knew he was off the rails come TK didn't stop him from breaking in.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-05-29 at 04:14 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    They sucked a Naaru to (sort of) death because of their own inability to wield the Light. For such inability, they have no one but themselves to blame. Their own loss of faith and desperation caused many Light-wielding Blood Elves to lose their connection.

Yeah, they did what was necessary, I agree with that. But they still have to blame themselves for such necessity. That's why the Blood Knights' redemption arc makes sense. You don't have to like it (I personally don't either) but it just makes sense.
    They did what was necessary. But Blizzard is (trying to) making us feel sorry we acted to save our race.

Desperate times - desperate measures and if the Naaru were really willing to help us recover, to the point one "willingly" let himself be captured and tortured, then they could have appeared on Azeroth directly and offered aid.

They didn't. The Blood Elves were not and are not in need of redemption.

Personally I can see high elves existing in one Faction, called the Horde.

They are called Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    They did what was necessary. But Blizzard is (trying to) making us feel sorry we acted to save our race.
    They needed that Naaru because of their own short-comings. Their inability to use the Light was rooted on a weakness of theirs. The fact that they were desperate and bitter doesn't change the fact that they scapegoated their frustration on the Light, as the Light was some entity with a will that should have protected their kingdom from the Scourge onslaught. Well, it's not. The Light is a cosmic force and their loss of faith and bitterness towards the wrong target made them unable to achieve what they managed to achieve only when they started to abuse a Naaru to (sort of) death. They didn't just make what was "necessary", they had a misplaced sense of self-entitlement and self-righteousness in doing all that because the Light "failed them". Well, it was bullshit and we know it.

The Naaru let itself to be used that way to grant a chance to these desperate fuckers to redeem themselves, not because it thought they were doing great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.