Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFawfull View Post
    I think this is the most common misconception about Overwatch.

The game is not measured in nearly any capacity by your ability to play a single hero. Even "mastering" multiple heroes is pointless if you're unwilling to adapt during the fight.

Mastering Overwatch comes from identifying the weakness of teams' compositions and adapting to them. Both your team's and your opponent's.
    Learning to switch. Mastering various tactics per character as well. Learning that K to D ratio isn't that important on certain maps and as certain characters. There are a lot of basics people ignore.

Having a Reinhardt for example, but people constantly taking off to solo or moving out of the shield. On a payload map that is ludicrous. If you stay behind the shield and fire from there you'll clear out most enemies.

Learning where to position on each map as Bastion and learning a multi point spot so you don't get killed (kill screen people, if you camp one spot it just takes a second to learn where you are). Remembering to repair right away as Bastion. Learning to hold ults until necessary is a huge factor.

Playing Winston on objective maps as he can clear the entire thing and on some his clearing leads to deaths based on the objective itself.

The game isn't easy, the characters themselves are easy, but the meta is rather complex and the game has some decent depth. Playing a full team vs another full team of folks will show this to a lot of people. Quick play is rather simple if you have two competent players or 3. Learning a characters moves is easy, learning the Meta is complex and learning to adapt to your team and their team is hard. Learning when to leave an objective and set up for the next etc. Some maps I switch 4 times. FOr a final push you can't beat a double Reinhardt on a payload.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That is entirely the point I was making. You're being pointlessly argumentative right now. :P
    oh

well just in general, if all things are X

X becomes a meaningless modifier because its completely redundant

from that point we can move to the fact that all things are not X, because if they were, X wouldnt be a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazoon View Post
    This.
    Ranked will change the game alot i belive aswell.
    Setup, composition, tactics, strategies, teamwork. These things will end up meaning so much - but it still won't work without aim and skill.
    Can't wait for ranked and esport to start for this game, i think it will be amazing.
    Unless you que as 5man team ranked will be as much as a disaster as it is in CS:GO aka useless piece of shit.
    Ranked games have no room in games with random match making.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Unless you que as 5man team ranked will be as much as a disaster as it is in CS:GO aka useless piece of shit.
    Ranked games have no room in games with random match making.
    They have in games like CS:GO or LOL where you can carry your games. Not in games like ,HOTS or Overwatch where wins or losses are completly decided by matchmaking and your team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    LOL look at this guy talking shit. The game hasn't even been out a week and there's no competitive matchmaking. You're literally bragging about your performance in random MM pubs.
    Hey retard, i said im bad at shooters and i am somehow not bad at this one. Clearly this game is not complex. Learn to read.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2016-05-30 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    oh

well just in general, if all things are X

X becomes a meaningless modifier because its completely redundant

from that point we can move to the fact that all things are not X, because if they were, X wouldnt be a word.
    Did you even read the op or are you just trying to be an ass now?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hey retard, i said im bad at shooters and i am somehow not bad at this one. Clearly this game is not complex. Learn to read.
    Yeah, so are a lot of the people playing right now. Your experience doesn't mean a damn thing right now. Until people learn the game and there is a system for matching people by skill level you are just basing your opinion of the game on nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    wut? You were using matchmaking to get into those games....You mean rating. And currently there is no visible ranking, even if there was, maybe you're just bad lol.
    Yea i meant rating lol. And yes I'm not very good lol, but it should still drop me with ppl of my skill level right?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    OW isn't as simple as people claim...
    Indeed, i've been playing for a few nights, all i had were losses. Is there no matchmaking? :/
    get good then come back

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "bullshit ults" are largely avoidable, meaning they aren't "bullshit"; that's you getting outplayed. Got High Nooned to death? Don't stand in the open where McCree can shoot you. You've got plenty of time to duck for cover.

And you can boil any game down to that kind of ridiculous statement and pretend it's simple. Take chess; "look up some openings, learn what pieces do what, don't get caught by cheap tricks, soooo complex". And yet, it is complex. Enough that people literally spend their entire lives improving their game.
    You make very good points. I loved your chess/go analogy in your previous post - I couldn't have said it better myself!

- - - Updated - - -

This game is not complex and I shit on people in it.
    Come back and show us your ranking in a few months when Ranked play goes live.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Yea i meant rating lol. And yes I'm not very good lol, but it should still drop me with ppl of my skill level right?
    And maybe it's trying to. Maybe you haven't played enough games to be placed yet. Maybe There aren't enough people around your skill to make a full game so they bring in randoms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Simple to learn, hard to master.
    in other words.
    a normal blizz game.

Formerly known as Arafal

It does have surprising depth to it. I wouldn't call it a simple game at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how it didn't cross your mind that maybe you're getting matched with other people who are bad at shooters and that you're just the king shit of turd mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Simple games are never hard to master.
    Again, I'll point at Go. Incredibly simple game. People take literally their entire lives trying to master it.

Deleted
    I had a "friend" (in quotes, because he did some bullshit irl to a few other friends) buy the game and he comes from CS:GO. Played around 10 games or so and just called the game easy, only reaper. Yes, the game is going to be easy when everyone you played with are literally playing their first matches, yet he has the need to tell me the game is way too easy and is just for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    It is simple depending on what character you play, it's not really hard to " master " bastion for example, simply stop shooting when a genji deflects, gz you're now better than most bastions, some heroes like mei are considered three star difficulty but even she's incredibly easy to play.

But then there's heroes like Widowmaker and Hanzo that most people seem to suck as or people playing as tracer because she's the poster girl and constantly fucking up her bomb.
    Well... i agree but not completely, some people have an easier time with one character than the other, it depends a lot on the playstyle of the player, i suck with Bastion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlim View Post
    I had a "friend" (in quotes, because he did some bullshit irl to a few other friends) buy the game and he comes from CS:GO. Played around 10 games or so and just called the game easy, only reaper. Yes, the game is going to be easy when everyone you played with are literally playing their first matches, yet he has the need to tell me the game is way too easy and is just for fun.
    I really don't understand the argument that Overwatch can be "easy". It's a competitive game. By its nature, it's as "easy" as the enemy players make it. At best, he's just saying he's more experienced at shooters than the newbies he was being matched up with in his first few games. Matchmaking will fix that, as it gets more info on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Simple to learn, hard to master.
    not really.

team comps are pretty simple, but most people just want to play their fav hero, which is fine, but its not a great level of complexity.

Look, I'm not bashing OW, I love it. but I dont get why people do this, Bliz make mass market simple games, always have, always will. They dont aim for complex, thats not the area of the market they operate in, so I've never understood why people try to claim their games are complex, they are not, and they dont want tehm to be.

ACtually in the case of OW, i prefer this approach, the game is simple, and not made needlessly complex, so its quick and easy to pick up, but players are differentiated on skill, not on grind, or needless complexity thats been shoved in. I prefer this in an arena shooter.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2016-05-28 at 09:56 PM.

Yeah im bad at shooters. I also average 20 kills a game with gold medals in objective time and damage. So much for your complex game that anybody can master in a few hours.

You do understand I use mcree and bastion and 76 a lot because they have iwin buttons, right? If this were any game with any complexity like cs or ut, I wouldn't get a single kill. Like 0 and dead the whole match. This game is not complex and I shit on people in it.
    S76 has an iwin button? Okay lol.

Watch out guys, we've got a badass over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.